Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New GT2 spyshots

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blueillusion97
I'm sure once the car will be complete it will looks great. I remember some old spyshots from Cayman and Turbo, the cars didn't look good at all but once they went in production they got all cleaned up stickers taken off and so on......and now just look at them...Brilliant!
Sorry, no offense to anyone, but I think the current GT2 and Turbo do not have well-done body designs. The Cayman, GT3 and RS, I do like more.

Just about every time I see a Ferrari, I like it, meaning it has immediate appeal. I can't say that about Porsche lately, though...and I say that being much more of a P-car fan. Granted, the F-cars are much more pricey (maybe ex. GT2).
Old 04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Sorry, no offense to anyone, but I think the current GT2 and Turbo do not have well-done body designs. The Cayman, GT3 and RS, I do like more.

Just about every time I see a Ferrari, I like it, meaning it has immediate appeal. I can't say that about Porsche lately, though...and I say that being much more of a P-car fan. Granted, the F-cars are much more pricey (maybe ex. GT2).
there is no current gt2.
one things for sure about ferrari design.
they looked dated a lot quicker.
so the 599 has immediate appeal?
you like the design of the enzo?
i like both the cars but can't say a whole lot for the design.
i do like the enzo from the side and rear though . . . just not the ugly nose.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i ps'd the fish scales to a dark grey color and it really cleans up the rear end of the car. I won't post it since its worldcarfan's photo, but it does look great that way. I like the front end. think it looks good to me... of course I still think the GT3 and RS are master strokes of 911 art.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
there is no current gt2. one things for sure about ferrari design.
they looked dated a lot quicker.
i like both the cars but can't say a whole lot for the design.
i do like the enzo from the side and rear though . . . just not the ugly nose.
there is no current gt2.
- Understood, but I think you know I mean the spy photos.

- Yes, not as much as some other F-cars, but yes.

- Ditto the 599 comment. I agree that the nose is the weakest point of view.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
i ps'd the fish scales to a dark grey color and it really cleans up the rear end of the car. I won't post it since its worldcarfan's photo, but it does look great that way. I like the front end. think it looks good to me... of course I still think the GT3 and RS are master strokes of 911 art.
Can you photo shop a GT3 RS rear end and front end on to it, then do something about those big holes in front of the rear wheels, maybe a little more like the 993 turbo S?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
blueillusion97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Sorry, no offense to anyone, but I think the current GT2 and Turbo do not have well-done body designs. The Cayman, GT3 and RS, I do like more. Just about every time I see a Ferrari, I like it, meaning it has immediate appeal. I can't say that about Porsche lately, though...and I say that being much more of a P-car fan. Granted, the F-cars are much more pricey (maybe ex. GT2).
I agree about the turbo, it has too soft and gentle design for me...but I still love it more than any other companies car. As far as Ferrari I see where you are coming from...if a Turbo drove down the street you see 2 people turning around to look at it, if a Ferrari drives by 15 turn to look. I would look at both
Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice that on the car in the first shot, they taped over the Porsche logo on the hood. I would never have thought it could be some new 911 varrient!

Quick Reply: New GT2 spyshots