GT3 new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Trj
Thanks Mooty, thats exactly what I wanted to hear! What is the whole tpms sensor thing? Is it the tire pressure monitoring system and do all cars automatically come with that? I know it is not on my Cayman but I never changed wheels so????
ALL 2007 car sold in USA has some version of tire pressure sensing system to tell you pressure loss and warning. the one on porsche is pretty good.

when you put wheels (without tpms sensor) on a car with tpms system, you get a light on the dash, no big deal. but it is very irritating to my eyes. that's why i ask this question over and over, but no one has a way to turn it off. and the wheels i had on cay s cant take the sensors, so......
Old 01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a standard function to turn it off. Your dealer should do it in 5 minutes. Most Europeans have winter tyres and rims as well as the stock rims and tyres. Few of them bother with fitting TPMS to the winter tyres, so the manufacturer makes disabling the system a standard function.

R+C
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
there is a standard function to turn it off. Your dealer should do it in 5 minutes. Most Europeans have winter tyres and rims as well as the stock rims and tyres. Few of them bother with fitting TPMS to the winter tyres, so the manufacturer makes disabling the system a standard function.

R+C
i understand that robin. however, the dealers aren't willing to spend hours doing research to find out which button to push to turn it off. and since they have been very tolerant of me and warranties everything for me despite track abuse, i am greatful and dont want to push them too hard.

unfortunatley i dont have piwis and am a computer idiot, else i would try to solve it myself

Last edited by mooty; 01-28-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
i understand that robin. however, the dealers aren't willing to spend hours doing research to find out which button to push to turn it off. and since they have been very tolerant of me and warranties everything for me despite track abuse, i am grateful and dont want to push them too hard.

unfortunatley i dont have piwis and am a computer idiot, else i would try to solve it myself
Send me the car specs and the specifics of what you have and its VIN and I'll see if I can get somebody to write out some instructions as to how to use the Hammer to fix the problem. I agree its very annoying.

Otherwise I'll invoke the ghost of Vasek Polak.......

R+C
PS I'm sure Bruce C knows how to fix the problem, always nice to take a drive down the coast to his place.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by mooty
when you put wheels (without tpms sensor) on a car with tpms system, you get a light on the dash, no big deal. but it is very irritating to my eyes. that's why i ask this question over and over, but no one has a way to turn it off. and the wheels i had on cay s cant take the sensors, so......
Here you go:
Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Jeff
How long have you been around, didn't anybody tell you its DUCT tape, not DUCK tape! lol

R+C
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Mad Manx
Instructor

Jeff
How long have you been around, didn't anybody tell you its DUCT tape, not DUCK tape! lol

R+C
And I thought it was 'Gaffer' tape.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:43 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Send me the car specs and the specifics of what you have and its VIN and I'll see if I can get somebody to write out some instructions as to how to use the Hammer to fix the problem. I agree its very annoying.

Otherwise I'll invoke the ghost of Vasek Polak.......

R+C
PS I'm sure Bruce C knows how to fix the problem, always nice to take a drive down the coast to his place.
will do as soon as the car gets to USA.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mad Manx
And I thought it was 'Gaffer' tape.
yeah, so did I until Frankie went to Hollywood

R+C

Quick Reply: GT3 new shoes