NICE! I'm thinking similarly.

Does the euro bumper fit a US plate?
yes, had it on my GT2 as well.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about a buck!
The dealer is already marking it up about $18 - $20K, a year from now this will be a $100K car.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by grussell
yes, had it on my GT2 as well.
Awesome, thanks. There's some junk behind the warts that has to be cut out, correct?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:02 AM
my911rs
Rennlist Member

The list of mods on the GT3 sounds really sexy - at first! On second thought, by the time it's all said and done the 17K cost difference is all but gone, and the car is no longer oriiginal, the paint is not original, so there's an immidiate dperication factor to consider and add to the equation.

And then... the RS has a stiffer body that also looks nicer being wide and all, and... it's an RS.
You do the math
Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by my911rs
The list of mods on the GT3 sounds really sexy - at first! On second thought, by the time it's all said and done the 17K cost difference is all but gone, and the car is no longer oriiginal, the paint is not original, so there's an immidiate dperication factor to consider and add to the equation.

And then... the RS has a stiffer body that also looks nicer being wide and all, and... it's an RS.
You do the math
i agree. if i had a GT3, i would enjoy it as is and not mod it toward RS spec. what's the point? any mods you put on is lost. the car as is is already marvelous.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:23 AM
himichael
Instructor

i think you really could drive a cup car on the street for a long, long time without any troubles. i drove a car for years with dealer inserts in the plates.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by himichael
i think you really could drive a cup car on the street for a long, long time without any troubles. i drove a car for years with dealer inserts in the plates.
i think the loud noise will attract cops.

the plate on my car didn't show up for 6 months. my roll bar was painted white you can see it clearly from behind. all else about the gt3 was stock. a cop followed me 10 miles on fwy ( i had my CC on at exactly the speed limit, his radar is not on, i usualy drive with CC now as i have way way too may tix in 2004, think double digits in # of tix). i KNOW i was not speeding and i did'nt even change lane.

he pulled me over. "nice car, i like the roll bar..... can i see your license and reg"... of course there's no reg b/c plate not here yet. i pointed him to the very small dealer's sticker temp reg on the bottom of windshield. he then said "good... just want to make sure car was not stolen"...

i think cars with "racing" stuff on it, big wings, loud exhaust, roll bars.... are always targets. and of course, now i ordered orange, i better drive 5mph BELOW speed limit.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Back to the original topic.....

I have a regular GT3 on order from a local dealer. My salesman who I've known for 6-7 years tells me that they are getting 2 RS's and are going to "ebay" them.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Heard the same thing directly from their Sales Manager (one orange and one green), and they are trying to buy cars from other Dealers.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 PM
grussell
Pro

My dealer is getting 4 cars and will let them go to the highest bidder, hence my post.

I may keep the GT3 instead of getting an RS and I might use the funds to order a 997 Cup to replace the 996 Cup. This may be a smarter way to go.

997 GT3RS - 163+tax

997 Cup - 170k

Hmmm?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A local dealer in Houston quoted me $24k over MSRP. Needless to say, thought the guy was stand up, after we tried to put together a deal on a used 996gt3 last year. Will assume it's the dealership making the rules, and not the sales guy. Sad part about it, not only have they lost my business on the 997gt3, but any future business for my work car when my current lease runs out in 10 months. Sales 101 - think long term...

Never ceases to amaze me, this is the same crap when the 996 turbo came out, cgt, 996gt3. Now look at the prices.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Sales 101 - think long term...

That is funny because in sales today is all that you really have. With as much moving around that people do: Bankers, brokers, agents, reps, sales managers, CEO's, it is hard today to build on another person long term due to the gone tomorrow, grass is more green world.

Never ceases to amaze me, this is the same crap when the 996 turbo came out, cgt, 996gt3. Now look at the prices.[/QUOTE]

It should not amaze you. You know that the hot thing sells. You know that people are after the most new thing. Combine this with a total lack of forward thinking. Fact, most households do not have a first aid kit. I am sure that the prices that this RS will bring will be higher than anyone will think. I put my deposit down over 18 months ago and am my car is the only one that my dealer will get. In this case it is either you put down a deposit in thinking that the car will be made due to research and a guess, or you want one and are a day late and do not want to spend the dollar short. The dealerships that are selling the cars for market price will inflate the price and will keep the cost up. I am thinking that no more will be made after the 229 because it is used to develop the RSR to the racing body. Also with the EPA, and DOT, you will see direct injection and other safty items that will make this car a keeper. Last year was the last year a carb could be ordered for a Harley, not all injected. It is all about the drive and ownership of the car. This car will always be a RS and no matter what you do to a GT 3 it will be a GT 3. And if you butcher the GT 3 then it will have no resale. People in the last two weeks have changed idea on value of this car. In simple this car rocks and if you do not think so or are bashing the value of the car both money and icon then you must not have a spot. I myself can not wait to see the auctions start, because then we will know the money and who will buy the car. BTW I am back.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:03 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't blame the dealers. Dealers are in business to make money. Why would they sell a car for less than it's worth. They might do it for a good customer who has bought many cars from them but then again the reason would be the expectation of making more money off them in the future.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were a bookie setting odds my over/under would be the first 25 unsold RS cars which hit Ebay will go for +$30K;
the next 25 will reach +$15K - $20K;

then....back to reasonable levels for the next year= holdout dealers will enshrine a few cars on their showroom floor, which they'll eventually sell--after several months (and subsequent PAG announcements to send close to 1000 total RS to NA through MY08) --at MSRP plus or minus $5K...similar pattern to the Ford GT... just my theory, of course.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:25 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Paul523
If I were a bookie setting odds my over/under would be the first 25 unsold RS cars which hit Ebay will go for +$30K;
the next 25 will reach +$20K;
then....back to reasonable levels for the next year= holdout dealers will enshrine a few cars on their showroom floor, which they'll eventually sell--after several months--at MSRP plus or minus $5K...similar pattern to the Ford GT.

I could make money on your odds. The Dodge viper sold for 50K over when it came out and you could order as many as you wanted. Next Year, not . This car is for the racing rules to race the RSR. Most people who buy this car will not sell it, and if they do then the price will have to be high. This is the reason prices will be high.

Quick Reply: RS prices over sticker?