Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Steering wheel rim, shift lever, handbrake lever grip, door
handles, door center panel, door storage bin and lid of center
console in alcantara black.
That sounds about right. The pencil diagrams in the order guide suggest the same. I'm still not sure what has changed in the doors with going from Carrera to GT3 with Alcantara to going with full leather in minute detail, but it seems about the same. Maybe a little more stitching with full leather.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Photos posted for Carrera GT:
<snip>
Sorry those pics are a bit dark -- you can always lighten them up a bit in a photo viewer if you want to see more detail. They're just quick happy-snaps from the dealer to reassure me (passify me ...) while the car sat around waiting for a transport company to send "the truck." All part of they bizarre drama of buying a new Porsche.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

man i really like the alcantara/suede
Old 12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

I wonder if we're going to have to wear driving gloves to keep the Alcantara clean. Wouldn't want to disturb the nap. : )
Old 12-31-2006, 05:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I wonder if we're going to have to wear driving gloves to keep the Alcantara clean. Wouldn't want to disturb the nap. : )
must also wear long sleeves then. your arm rest on both sides are alcantara as well. i will not go with full leather so i am ok. when shifter gets ratty, will replace it with leather shifter.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Only if you have sweaty palms like I do.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:18 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink If I may have an input on the color suggesstion!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Sorry to dredge up this old thread...

What are the door compartment lids covered with in the standard GT3 interior (ie, non full-leather)?

Any pics?

Thx.

Originally Posted by mooty
must also wear long sleeves then. your arm rest on both sides are alcantara as well. i will not go with full leather so i am ok.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
Sorry to dredge up this old thread...

What are the door compartment lids covered with in the standard GT3 interior (ie, non full-leather)?

Any pics?

Thx.
The door pockets (arm rests) are leathering with stitching in a normal 997 GT3. With the "full leather" option, they become Alcantara, as does some of the door liner while the rest is covered in leather. Looks great compared side by side, but standing alone, the normal cabin looks very good, although it could do with the "aluminum look" painted plastic and the flat plastic of the console etc.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

OK, thanks.

I like the rest of the full-leather interior. Just not too crazy about having Alcantara on contact surfaces like the steering wheel and armrests. (I know that the Alcantara covered steering wheel can be remedied...).

Anyway, it's a moot point until the Porsche accountants wake up and the 08 GT3 allocations are increased. I can't really see them leaving all that money on the table.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
OK, thanks.

I like the rest of the full-leather interior. Just not too crazy about having Alcantara on contact surfaces like the steering wheel and armrests. (I know that the Alcantara covered steering wheel can be remedied...).

Anyway, it's a moot point until the Porsche accountants wake up and the 08 GT3 allocations are increased. I can't really see them leaving all that money on the table.
Alcantara is an artificial material and almost as durable as leather or vinyl except for cleaning. It will resist wear, but it will stain and it will lose it's finish if exposed to inappropriate cleaning products. I had a full leather cabin in the first 997 GT3 and the Alcantara resisted even the most idiotic attempts by my passengers to damage it (eg. sunscreen, axle grease, sweat, blood ... actually the blood was my doing after the axle grease incident ... : )
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick anything for my RS. However, I don't regret it a bit. (some poor sole came off of the allocation) Anyway, the only option on my car is the Xenon's. I love my car! The only thing I would like to do differently is to have the euro specs with roll cage and CF seats. So, I ordered them with the fire ext. The upgraded seats are Alcantara in the middle and supple leather on the outside...costly but awesome! Having my cage coated orange and I'm having everything installed at the same time. They are cutting me a deal on the labor since some of the standard time is repeated for each install. I'll post some pics when it is finished. You'll be happy with the car no matter what. But, I think less is more when it comes to those kinds of options you've listed. Enjoy!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the Porsche wheel caps and they look cheap they faded quickly on my 993 TT. So I ordered the full billet center caps with the silver crests. if I wasnt totally crazy I would have been happy with the plastic GT3 caps that were on my 996.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help configuring my GT3