Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just got the call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd be surprised if Porsche didn't keep producing them until the end of 997 production. They, like most companies, want to make $. If you have a extra few hundred potential customers waiving around $120K+ for a car, wouldn't you assume they would chose to make as many to satisfy demand? My bet is they will.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Polar Peter
WHITE is not coming!!! That is a fact and a big disspointment after all the hipe from the board members with "insider info". I really wanted WHITE.

I speced mine with xeons, thicker wheel and Carbon brakes, all else is not important for me. Orange is the color and considered a "paint to sample" upcharge. Silver or black are standard colors.

My dealer just called and advised WHITE IS ON as of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry for under estimating the "insiders"

I changed my car to:
White exterior
Black Full Leather
Bi-Xenon Lights
PCCB Brakes
Yellow seat belts
Aluminum Footrest
Fire extinguisher
Thicker Leather steering wheel
Floor mats

Jan. confirmed build!!!

Last edited by Polar Peter; 11-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my call today

Hi guys, I'm new here. After getting excited about my Feb. build GT3 (number 4 or 5 at my local dealer) I came here to check out the buz on the RS. I also happen to be number one on my local list for that. At first I was shocked and scared, that I didn't get my call yesterday, and could barely sleep last night, thinking perhaps I got bumped or some such evil. Imagine my surprise when I got "the call" at 8:30 am confirming my RS......JANUARY build no less!

And YES white was an option.

Orange, Bixenons, a little carbon, aluminum foot rest, full leather, orange stitching on seats only

Thanks for all the info here

Ian

ps: whats the story on the thicker steeringwheel? Alcantara or not?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Thicker steering wheel is smooth leather, on GT3, not alcantara, but I don't know on the RS.

JCM
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Philip in AL
Pro

I also got a call today (I was shocked that my dealer is even getting one)! It looks like I now have a March build. I can't wait.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Spark84
Intermediate

For what it is worth, I, too, was called yesterday by my dealer with confirmation that it was receiving two RSs and that my #1 spot confirmed me a Febuary build date, though the dealer had virtually no information about pricing or options. Throughout this process, I've always gotten more information from Rennlist than from the dealer.

Last edited by Spark84; 11-29-2006 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Max Power
Racer

Originally Posted by Jon70
I'd be surprised if Porsche didn't keep producing them until the end of 997 production. They, like most companies, want to make $. If you have a extra few hundred potential customers waiving around $120K+ for a car, wouldn't you assume they would chose to make as many to satisfy demand? My bet is they will.

that's what I'm hoping for, as I'm #3 at a dealer that's been told they're only getting 2 RSs
Old 11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Spark84
For what it is worth, I, too, was called yesterday by my dealer with confirmation that it was receiving two RSs and that my #1 spot confirmed me a Febuary build date, though the dealer had virtually no information about pricing or options. Throughout this process, I've always gotten more information from Rennlist than from the dealer.
Spark84 - MSRP was not in the dealer computer when I ordered yesterday, however all the colors and options were, with all the prices. Tell you dealer you want to come in and place an order on the computer and you can see what is available.

JCM
Old 11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Just the call from my dealer -- I am no #1 on their list and have a March 2007 build date. My dealer is getting 3 RSs. Going to go to the dealer later today to order it up.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
KA
Advanced

My dealer indicated that they are getting 2 cars, but that the first one will be a launch car? Any idea about this?

Quick Reply: Just got the call!!!!!