Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Has anyone received a reply from their letter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,001 Likes on 557 Posts
Question Has anyone received a reply from their letter?

Please post if you have or have not received any reply from sending in your letter to PCNA.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Nothing from either one (sent hard copy and a separate soft copy).

I also complained to a few Porsche Dealerships in person and as I expected they don't care. Currently the 997 Turbo is a hot ticket. The 997 GT3 supply hasn't met the "latest and greatest" demand yet so they don't care what we want. Cayennes are the problem to them as they aren't selling.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Nope apparently Porsche doesn't care about our money...
Old 08-15-2006, 03:11 AM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. No reply, nothing. Order cancelled. Whatever.

AW
Old 08-15-2006, 04:58 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No reply whatsoever - even the dealer couldn't care and wasn't too upset at losing the order. What the heck, it's only a $120k car... And don't tell me "there are two people who wanted your one production slot" - they can and will make as many as people want to buy - so those of us that are passing are lost sales.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
No reply whatsoever - even the dealer couldn't care and wasn't too upset at losing the order.
Told you so.

Originally Posted by RonCT
And don't tell me "there are two people who wanted your one production slot" - they can and will make as many as people want to buy - so those of us that are passing are lost sales.
OK, I won't.

However, I do admire your tenacity and dedication to the cause.

I often wish I could go back to before I owned my first Porsche, got professionally involved and came to realize things that changed my perception forever.

Much like AW, Whatever..
I passed on the Carrera GT, won't buy the Panamera, and will never be seen in the Porsche showroom buying a new car.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

You would think they would at least respond with a position letter of some sort.

You know, a little written something that explains why or why not there is or is not going to be a sunroof.

What could be the harm in that?

The only customer they care about is the one in front of them writing a check, past or future customers are of no interest....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Agree. Many folks are saying "I told you so", but it is still worth it to me to try.

Porsche AG has got to be concerned, why else play the games with how many they will build (for both the 997 GT3 and GT3 RS) and not discussing the 2007 model.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

If the attitude is anything like the one at the 997 Turbo introduction I attended last night, PCNA doesn't care or think we are morons anyway.

i don't normally go to these things but my nephew wanted to go see the cars so I went.

The Turbo talk was filled with complete distortions of fact. For example the speaker claimed Porsche was the first to inroduce a variable nozzle turbo for a gasoline engine conveniently ignoring that Dodge did it on the 1989 Dodge Shadow CSX. I guess rather than be in the same sentence with an 18 y/o Dodge, it is more convenient to ignore it.

When asked the question if the engine were dry sump or not the answer was "all Porsche engines are dry sump,911, Boxster, Cayman and Turbo".

I was too polite to correct.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar
"all Porsche engines are dry sump,911, Boxster, Cayman and Turbo".
These tools think everyone that comes into their showroom is some moron that just walked off the street. I'm really sick of that attitude.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:24 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

No reply from my letter and I asked for feedback on both the 997 GT3 and 997 GT3 RS. However, I was happy to see the editorial in the recent Excellence magazine about the whole sunroof issue. So, at least someone is listening.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I just sent my letter to PAG and will be calling them next week. If these jackasses from PCNA don't care let's see if PAG. Let's see how they feel about alienating some of it's more loyal customers because PCNA and the rest of the clowns are out of touch with what the "true" Porsche enthusiats wants!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Having worked with the folks from PAG over the past few years, I'll say it yet again:

Marketing now runs PAG under Dr W. Engineering takes a back seat to all matters.

If PCNA tells PAG that producing a (single) sunroof version will save money AND sell the exact same number of units, then PAG (marketing) directs PAG (engineering and production) to built it.

I was shocked how many people at PAG not only never worked on the aircooled Porsches, but how few even knew the models. The older employees will (privately) tell you that the company has changed forever under Dr W's 10 year plan.

Long time customer, enthusiast....means absolutely nothing under the new marketing plan and demographics studies.
Produce the vehicles against the plan (100K/year goal), as directed/specified by Marketing, for as much profit as possible, to as many new buyers as possible, the resulting 'overproduction' and customer turnover will provide an ample supply of CPO vehicles (remember back when....there were no CPO vehicles/programme), thus adding a second layer of 'new' Porsche customers.

Talk to your long term Porsche dealers.....I'm sure they're noticed a different in the customers and the company.

Yes, I know, cancelled orders from long time customers will get their attention......NOT.
Believe me, every cancelled 997GT3 order from an 'enthusiast' or 'long term owner' WILL be sold, there WILL be a second production run and those WILL be sold. Every letter sent to Peter or Dr W. will be smugly ignored, as I'm afraid you are becoming the minority in the demographic model.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:53 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Having worked with the folks from PAG over the past few years, I'll say it yet again:

Marketing now runs PAG under Dr W. Engineering takes a back seat to all matters.

If PCNA tells PAG that producing a (single) sunroof version will save money AND sell the exact same number of units, then PAG (marketing) directs PAG (engineering and production) to built it.

I was shocked how many people at PAG not only never worked on the aircooled Porsches, but how few even knew the models. The older employees will (privately) tell you that the company has changed forever under Dr W's 10 year plan.

Long time customer, enthusiast....means absolutely nothing under the new marketing plan and demographics studies.
Produce the vehicles against the plan (100K/year goal), as directed/specified by Marketing, for as much profit as possible, to as many new buyers as possible, the resulting 'overproduction' and customer turnover will provide an ample supply of CPO vehicles (remember back when....there were no CPO vehicles/programme), thus adding a second layer of 'new' Porsche customers.

Talk to your long term Porsche dealers.....I'm sure they're noticed a different in the customers and the company.

Yes, I know, cancelled orders from long time customers will get their attention......NOT.
Believe me, every cancelled 997GT3 order from an 'enthusiast' or 'long term owner' WILL be sold, there WILL be a second production run and those WILL be sold. Every letter sent to Peter or Dr W. will be smugly ignored, as I'm afraid you are becoming the minority in the demographic model.
so you sit in on the board meetings do ya? gimme a break!
maybe you did work with pag, but all you have is an opinion.
and a boringly repetitive one at that!

jeff
Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by icon
so you sit in on the board meetings do ya? gimme a break!
maybe you did work with pag, but all you have is an opinion.
and a boringly repetitive one at that!
jeff
No, I don't sit on the board.
Yes, I do (electronics) development work with PAG. You develop relationships with PAG employees during visits, calls, online meetings, etc.
Yes, I work on cars 4+ yrs out (Panamera, next Cayenne, etc); such is the nature of my job.
Boring and repetitive, perhaps. Accurate, Yes.
Simply trying to offer insight, albeit good news and bad news; you are free to do with it what you chose.

Quick Reply: Has anyone received a reply from their letter?