Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
it's almost as bad as your tax evasion
Old 05-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Modena 1
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The system is gamed. Has been for a long time. Relatively new in Porsche game.

Artificially kinks supply, puts power of allocation in local hands. They then reward friends and
Family. Get at the end of the line. Their defense is you aren't lining up to buy the car when economy is crap and allocations are plentiful so get lost.

Not sure why someone would buy so many cars and incur so many tax bills in short period of time? (I thought the tax credit game was dead post trump reform)

The fact this is even a question / topic / issue should tell you a lot.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:21 PM
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Porsche is putting a gun to its head and it's about to feel some real pain. 25 years ago certain dealers sold cars at MSRP. In the Bay Area the demand at waaaaay over MSRP is immense. Relationships mattered. I've mentioned I had the second or third GT car in the US. I paid sticker. I am far from rich. My dealer wanted the car back for a college student named Ben Hewlett. Yep that Hewlett. Prices were collapsing so I complied. They sold it for a big markup into a soft market. Two weeks later he totaled it and nearly killed himself. He was a 23 yo Stanford student. That's how this phenomenon used to happen. It's the same dealer [email protected]#*s described and I want to be clear they were good to me and I kept my word too them. However their new policy is we will sell to the biggest a$$hole on earth with the biggest wallet which seems to be more than isolated to this dealer. Porsche can't make cars fast enough and as Mooty said you have to buy them all including other Porsches. The pace is ludicrous. The world is insane when Ferrari has a more rational sales policy than Porsche but it does so let that sink in. And folks, I know you are going to hate me but beginning in the 991 era PTS became a commodity. Porsche batch builds PTS cars and uses that as an excuse to flood the market. Hey we just released a bunch of Voodoo Blue GT3s. Porsche built 19 PTS CGTs out of 1250 for the US. This new PTS nonsense is just that, nonsense. JBO PS Sorry for the rant. For background I worked primarily with one dealer. I bought everything they made starting with a 1991 964 C2 so I do have some experience. JBO
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 PM
Mr. Adair
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh View Post
Porsche is putting a gun to its head and it's about to feel some real pain. 25 years ago certain dealers sold cars at MSRP. In the Bay Area the demand at waaaaay over MSRP is immense. Relationships mattered. I've mentioned I had the second or third GT car in the US. I paid sticker. I am far from rich. My dealer wanted the car back for a college student named Ben Hewlett. Yep that Hewlett. Prices were collapsing so I complied. They sold it for a big markup into a soft market. Two weeks later he totaled it and nearly killed himself. He was a 23 yo Stanford student. That's how this phenomenon used to happen. It's the same dealer [email protected]#*s described and I want to be clear they were good to me and I kept my word too them. However their new policy is we will sell to the biggest a$$hole on earth with the biggest wallet which seems to be more than isolated to this dealer. Porsche can't make cars fast enough and as Mooty said you have to buy them all including other Porsches. The pace is ludicrous. The world is insane when Ferrari has a more rational sales policy than Porsche but it does so let that sink in. And folks, I know you are going to hate me but beginning in the 991 era PTS became a commodity. Porsche batch builds PTS cars and uses that as an excuse to flood the market. Hey we just released a bunch of Voodoo Blue GT3s. Porsche built 19 PTS CGTs out of 1250 for the US. This new PTS nonsense is just that, nonsense. JBO PS Sorry for the rant. For background I worked primarily with one dealer. I bought everything they made starting with a 1991 964 C2 so I do have some experience. JBO
Well stated. I did a rough estimate since 2015 and the release of the 991 GT3 and at roughly 5000 pieces a year based on 8 models of GT cars (no GT4s) thatĺs an astonishing 40,000 cars in 5 years. Remember when 1500 was the build quantity of a new 997 GT model? I think they paid off diesel gate and then some...
Old 06-04-2019, 03:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

1. you are right on
2. you are too polite. I don't beat around the bush.. the dealer you worked with is the a**hole on my signature line.
3. yes, they sell to big wallets, but many are waking up and leaving.
4. FB kids makes $$$ they buy from that dealer. but once they get married, the lose their *****. trust me. I see it over and over. "my wife supports my hobbies..." WTF are they talking about. this country has the highest divorce rate in the world. wives just want your *****.
5. PTS....I prefer *** white, menstral red, silk black... voodoo... how old are you? I quit watching smurf when I was 10., I do still eat oranges.
6. your dealer did not tell me they want my cars back. b/c I usually drive the living sh*t out of my cars so they don't want to see it back. maybe that's why they start lying to me about their pricing structure.
7. oh, yes, play under the table. large gifts, or tell me to lease a car under my name from Stevens creek , then sell it to them so they can make more $.......

it seems whenever their name comes up, I see steam out of my nostrils and 180BPM HR....

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
A lot of owners selling those antiques have bigger dreamer prices than stealers with these new GT cars. haha
that's right.
and I need to sell my 73E to you for $350k so I can buy the speedster that no one has allocated to me yet.
any of my favor dealers reading this????
Old 06-04-2019, 01:27 PM
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member

J, I know we're talking about the same guys Dealers and daddy's boys alike. And yes I've gotten less aggressive in my old age. I've said it before, there is one man on this board that knows everything about my car life and it's J&@*s. Best JBO
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah, I used Voodoo because it is a nonsense bull**** color with absolutely no meaning significance or history. LOL!! Good call on that one. I was hoping you'd catch it. JBO
Old 06-06-2019, 03:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

J, I know we're talking about the same guys Dealers and daddy's boys alike. And yes I've gotten less aggressive in my old age. I've said it before, there is one man on this board that knows everything about my car life and it's J&@*s. Best JBO
lol, yes.. u me and fred c.....
how time flies.
I am way more mellow now. I used to blow up every 3 seconds. now only once every 3 hours.

Oh yeah, I used Voodoo because it is a nonsense bull**** color with absolutely no meaning significance or history. LOL!! Good call on that one. I was hoping you'd catch it. JBO
it has history... for TOYOTA.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:23 PM
FLT6SPD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I never understood the infatuation voodoo blue, it has been a Toyota FJ color since 2007. Sounds cool to say?

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
lol, yes.. u me and fred c.....
how time flies.
I am way more mellow now. I used to blow up every 3 seconds. now only once every 3 hours.

it has history... for TOYOTA.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:37 PM
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fred Please never mention that name in my universe. I lose my **** completely. As you know that's what replaced me at our former dealership. I've toned it down a lot too but the stories you and I could tell, people simply would not believe us. JBO
Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 PM
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW I love your list. It's a perfect summation of the insanity that involves getting a car. The bottom of dealers tables must be worn nearly through by now. You gotta add so much grease to these situations you could use it to build a Ferrari...manufacturing facility. JBO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: