Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

JCR // 997 GT3/RS EXHAUST (REFERENCE THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:02 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // 997 GT3/RS EXHAUST (REFERENCE THREAD)

Hey all,

As many regular visitors of the forum will have noticed, we have been steadily releasing new products, namely focussing on our Titanium Exhaust suite over the fast few months and as we're nearing completion of our offerings for the 991 GT3 based models we performed a test fit on the 997 GT3 variants to confirm fitment of the products. We're pleased to announce that the following products are compatible with the 997 GT3 models and are available now.

I thought it would be sensible to create a thread where users can easily reference all of our different exhaust products with a brief description, images, key points and links to the JCR website where orders can be placed.

Please do feel free to chime in if you have any specific request for further information and I'll happily add it in.

JC

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

CENTRE BYPASS PRODUCTS

Each of the JCR Titanium Centre Bypass products are direct replacement for the OEM centre silencer and come supplied with all necessary mounting hardware and bespoke Titanium fixings available in a range of colours at no extra charge.

Each of our centre bypass products also allow for fitment of OEM exhaust tips and/or any exhaust tip utilising the OEM 3-bolt mounting flange including our one Titanium Bolt-On Tips.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Centre Bypass

Description

A direct replacement for the factory centre silencer maintaining the OEM diameter. Included in the design a tuned balance pipe to target prevention of drone and accentuate the more pleasant tones.

Key Features
  • 100% Titanium Construction
  • -5.04kg (11.11lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Centre Silencer
  • -3.40kg (7.50lbs) VS OEM Ti GT3 RS Centre Silencer
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
  • 997.2 GT3 / RS / RS 4.0
Pricing & Availability
  • £1395.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM CENTRE BYPASS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Superlight Centre Bypass

Description

A direct replacement part for the OEM centre silencer. Featuring a smooth transition from the OEM exhaust diameter to match our Titanium Race Pipe 70mm O/D and featuring the exact same merge design to focus on that glorious RSR style tone.

Thinner gauge titanium for maximum weight saving, by far the lightest centre silencer replacement available today.

Key Features
  • -6.08kg (13.40lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Centre Silencer
  • -4.44kg (9.79lbs) VS OEM Ti GT3 RS Centre Silencer
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £1995.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT CENTRE BYPASS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass

Description

A direct replacement for the OEM centre silencer, this time featuring 2x small silencers in the valves closed position of the bypass to cut volume when valves are closed. When valves are open the gasses take the path of least resistance and the sound level is the same as the non silencer version. A great option for those who wish to have a larger delta between valves open / valves closed than offered with a more conventionally designed centre bypass product.

Key Features
  • -4.26kg (9.39lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Centre Silencer
  • -2.62kg (5.78lbs) VS OEM Ti GT3 RS Centre Silencer
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £2195.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SILENCED CENTRE BYPASS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SIDE SILENCER PRODUCTS

We offer two versions of our Titanium Side Silencer Bypass products, with and without valves. Again both products are direct replacement for the OEM side silencers and uniquely feature mounting hardware to mount securely to the original side silencer bracket unlikely any other side silencer bypass product.

Expect large weight savings from both products and also the option to swap and change easily the valved section for a non valved section (or vice versa) due to the integral v-band design.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Side Silencer Bypass

Description

A direct replacement for the factory side silencers retaining the OEM style twin entry into the centre silencer to help avoid any unwanted pressure waves which can be attributed to the cracking of the OEM titanium centre silencer.

Included in both of our side silencer bypass products are mounts which mate to the factory side silencer brackets to offer secure support the exhaust system. This bracket is exclusive to our design, not only providing proper support but also allowing for removal of the heavy OEM centre silencer support bracket when running with our Titanium Centre Bypass products, saving a further 1.67kg (3.58lbs) *optional.

The lightest side silencer bypass product available today, lighter than even single entry side silencer bypass products without support brackets.

Key Features
  • -18.20kg / 40.10lbs VS OEM Side Silencers
  • OEM Style Twin Entry Design
  • Improved Sound Quality
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £2095.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass

Description

A direct replacement for the OEM side silencers, as above. This time including a high quality titanium valve which allows owners to control exhaust volume through the factory cabin mounted PSE button.

Key Features
  • Titanium Exhaust Valve
  • -17.48kg (38.54lbs) VS OEM Side Silencers
  • OEM Style Twin Entry Design
  • Improved Sound Quality
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £2695.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM VALVED SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EXHAUST TIP PRODUCTS

Each of our exhaust tip products are 100% titanium in their construction and weight significantly less than the OEM exhaust tips.

The exhaust tips are a simple 10 minute install and improve not only the visual impact but also have a positive effect on the sound output of the vehicle by removing the internal step down featured on the OEM exhaust tips and replacing with a thin wall titanium conical design.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Bolt-On Exhaust Tips

Description

A direct replacement for the factory exhaust tips. Available in Natural / Burnt / Black Ceramic

Rennlist Thread - JCR Titanium Bolt-On Exhaust Tips

Key Features
  • 90mm Tip Diameter
  • -0.82kg (1.81lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Exhaust Tips
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £645.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM EXHAUST TIPS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Superlight Bolt-On Exhaust Tips

Description

Our lightest tips available using super thin wall high grade titanium featuring the same profile as our regular titanium tips with added strength at the tip.

A direct replacement for the factory exhaust tips. Available in Natural / Burnt / Black Ceramic

Key Features
  • 90mm Tip Diameter
  • -1.08kg (2.38lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Exhaust Tips
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Pricing & Availability
  • £775.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SUPERLIGHT EXHAUST TIPS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SILENCED EXHAUST TIP PRODUCTS

Many owners have encountered the issue of noise limits cutting a day short at the local racetrack. We have introduced a number of titanium bolt on silenced exhaust tips to help alleviate this problem and hopefully avoid being told that your car is too loud to continue.

A simple 10 minute swap for factory or aftermarket tips utilising the OEM 3-bolt exhaust flange will reduce dB levels from 2-5dB depending on the version selected.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Silenced Exhaust Tips

Description

Our Titanium Silenced Exhaust Tips are designed for use with our centre bypass products and OEM centre silencer. The tips utilise the OEM 3-bolt exhaust flange design so can be installed to any exhaust system which carries over this design.

Reducing dB levels by 4/5dB with a simple 10 minute swap. Perfect for track drivers who encounter strict noise limitations.

Key Features
  • Cuts 4/5dB Drive By Noise
  • -0.06kg (0.13lbs) VS OEM SS GT3 Exhaust Tips
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Compatibility
  • Not suitable for use with JCR Titanium Race Pipe & JCR Titanium Superlight Centre Bypass products
  • Compatible with all other exhausts utilising the OEM style 3-bolt Exhaust Flange
Pricing & Availability
  • £1095.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SILENCED EXHAUST TIPS

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips (with downturn)

Description

Our Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips are designed for use with our Superlight Centre Bypass and Titanium Race Pipe products. The tips utilise the OEM 3-bolt exhaust flange design so can be installed to any exhaust system which carries over this design.

Reducing dB levels by 2/3dB with a simple 10 minute swap. Perfect for track drivers who encounter strict noise limitations.

The Race Silenced Exhaust Tips differ from the standard Silenced Exhaust Tips in that their internal diameter is larger, sized exactly as per the OEM exhaust system to avoid any restriction or added back pressure, this means absolutely no loss of power however the noise deadening is not as pronounced as the regular version. The Race Silenced Exhaust Tips are designed for use with our Race Pipe Products and Superlight Centre Bypass

We offer the Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips with or without downturns.

Key Features
  • Cuts 2/3dB Drive By Noise
  • 63mm Internal Diameter
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Compatibility
  • Designed for use with JCR Titanium Race Pipe & JCR Titanium Superlight Centre Bypass
  • Compatible with all exhausts utilising the OEM style 3-bolt Exhaust Flange
Pricing & Availability
  • £1195.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM RACE SILENCED EXHAUST TIPS (WITH DOWNTURN)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips (without downturn)

Our Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips are designed for use with our Superlight Centre Bypass and Titanium Race Pipe products. The tips utilise the OEM 3-bolt exhaust flange design so can be installed to any exhaust system which carries over this design.

Reducing dB levels by 2/3dB with a simple 10 minute swap. Perfect for track drivers who encounter strict noise limitations.

The Race Silenced Exhaust Tips differ from the standard Silenced Exhaust Tips in that their internal diameter is larger, sized exactly as per the OEM exhaust system to avoid any restriction or added back pressure, this means absolutely no loss of power however the noise deadening is not as pronounced as the regular version. The Race Silenced Exhaust Tips are designed for use with our Race Pipe Products and Superlight Centre Bypass

We offer the Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips with or without downturns.

Rennlist Thread - JCR Titanium Race Silenced Exhaust Tips

Key Features
  • Cuts 2/3dB Drive By Noise
  • 63mm Internal Diameter
Applications
  • 997.1 GT3 / R / RS
Compatibility
  • Designed for use with JCR Titanium Race Pipe & JCR Titanium Superlight Centre Bypass
  • Compatible with all exhausts utilising the OEM style 3-bolt Exhaust Flange
Pricing & Availability
  • £1195.00 GBP
  • Available Now
ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM RACE SILENCED EXHAUST TIPS (WITHOUT DOWNTURN)

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 04-17-2019, 08:26 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

I assume your valved race exhaust system didnt fit 997 gt3's?
Old 04-17-2019, 09:43 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I assume your valved race exhaust system didnt fit 997 gt3's?
It fits, but the clearances are tighter on the 997 so we're creating a 997 version which will be made available. Small tweaks but I wouldn't be happy to sell the 991 version for 997 customers as there could be risk of touching.

Ill keep this thread updated with the latest developments.

JC
Old 04-17-2019, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like some nice options for us GT3 owners! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but can you share where are your parts manufactured?

I can see the Titanium silcenced center bypass paired with the titanium valved side muffler bypass option being the ultimate combination. No heavy stock side mufflers, valves still in place, lightweight, quiet when you want it , but open the valves and you basically have a straight through exhaust! Very interesting, something I will have to consider...
Old 04-17-2019, 05:59 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

What are the differences in sound/power gains/losses between the Ti silenced, valved, and straight-thru race pipes? Will you be offering all three for the 997 RS?
Old 04-17-2019, 06:03 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
What are the differences in sound/power gains/losses between the Ti silenced, valved, and straight-thru race pipes? Will you be offering all three for the 997 RS?
Ed - big daddy - you need this to celebrate your 47th bday.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:04 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guest89
Ed - big daddy - you need this to celebrate your 47th bday.
Weighing my options, good sir. Have to say, the vids of the 991 RS race pipe sound glorious.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

I ordered the titanium center bypass from JCR. I am told it is in stock so I'm hoping to have it soon.
Not much info out there for us 997 GT owners with these exhausts, so I can post up some pictures once I receive along with my thoughts. The 991 GT3 group seems to be very happy with them.

I can't think of any other titanium center bypass options for the 997 GT3 for near this price. I've had a SS Sharkwerks center muffler bypass in the past so it will be interesting to see if the titanium material changes the sound.

My current set up is a Gen 1 Sharkwerks track exhaust, with integrated tips and mufflers which will be for sale soon.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:19 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 405
I ordered the titanium center bypass from JCR. I am told it is in stock so I'm hoping to have it soon.
Not much info out there for us 997 GT owners with these exhausts, so I can post up some pictures once I receive along with my thoughts. The 991 GT3 group seems to be very happy with them.

I can't think of any other titanium center bypass options for the 997 GT3 for near this price. I've had a SS Sharkwerks center muffler bypass in the past so it will be interesting to see if the titanium material changes the sound.

My current set up is a Gen 1 Sharkwerks track exhaust, with integrated tips and mufflers which will be for sale soon.
Thanks for your order and i'm very intrigued to hear your thoughts. The 997 generation engines do (in my opinion) have a little bit of a sweeter sound naturally so im sure you'll be pleased with the results.

JC
Old 04-24-2019, 02:47 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

What a great roll out. So many neat products and all in titanium at a great price point.

I already have my exhaust set up so can't partake but nice nonetheless.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:02 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you characterize the sound difference between the two center bypass options (balance pipe and x-pipe)?
Old 05-04-2019, 04:48 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

JCR has unfortunately been very quiet on the 997 GT3/RS forum, but they did mention on IG that their race pipe application for the 997 cars will be available in approximately 3-4 weeks. Anyone going to bite bullet on this one? I already have one loud car. Hopefully my wife won't kick me out of the house if I have two
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 601
Can you characterize the sound difference between the two center bypass options (balance pipe and x-pipe)?
Would like to know this as well. Also curious about long-term durability with the thinner material in the x pipe one? Sounds from your description like you guys were going for lighter exhaust but ended up getting a different sounding one? (Which works for me, because I don't think that 1KG difference is going to be real-world felt for most end users, so being able to choose from two different sound profiles is great news.)
Old 05-31-2019, 11:59 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Disappointing that this thread doesn't get any love from JCR like the 991 folks. Still going to hold tight for now to see what they come up with for their race application, but my patience is wearing thin.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:14 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
Disappointing that this thread doesn't get any love from JCR like the 991 folks. Still going to hold tight for now to see what they come up with for their race application, but my patience is wearing thin.
I am also slightly disappointed and have the same question as you

Quick Reply: JCR // 997 GT3/RS EXHAUST (REFERENCE THREAD)