Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What would you guys pay for a higher mileage 997 GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:38 AM
simrokkzz
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944
Beautiful. Is that GT Silver?
YES it is - GT silver metallic, at least according to spec list.

Originally Posted by RennOracle
When where you searching, did you check that white 2009 997 gt2 that is selling for 120k ish with around 70k km? That car is selling for YEARS, like 3 years but looks so clean...
No I did not see the car live, but as far as I know, it was "tracked" quite well, and can not have approved warranty due 2 reasons - I am not sure which one is really true:

1. high revs in area 5

2. engine was tuned

one of above may be reason for it sitting for years, or it had a bad accident - as said I did not see the car and was just told to pass it due to above reasons.

As I was just looking for completly stock cars (that have ever been stock) and can or do have approved warranty, this was out for me.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:41 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts
Talking 997.1 GT2 ownership remains a dream!

Quick update is that I'm up to about 45k miles at this point and have been thoroughly enjoying my ownership of the GT2. I still get the occasional PM asking me about the car from other RennListers looking to buy their own and it's great to report that I've been enjoying it so much.

It won't be driven much over the winter of course, but remains insured and ready to play on nicer days. I have repaired the aftermarket stereo (even upgraded it) with the help of a close friend as it turned out the amplifier overheated. The previous owner had it covered, and this is a big NO-NO in the world of amplifiers. The new replacement is exposed in the frunk and providing great music again.

Here she is parked next to my former 996TT at a local car show. I'm so thrilled that I can still see my own car occasionally!

Quick Reply: What would you guys pay for a higher mileage 997 GT2?