Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thoughts on 991RS with replacement motor

Old 02-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz

I am sorry, I didn’t mean to be so biased. I like the pointy shoe comment thing , I wear Cat boots.
I do like the OP’s car.
ha. I also wear construction boots. I'm in this debate now. 19rs coming may 14th. total stripper.no fal. no clock. notta . conflicted in selling my .1. but it's what it is. wanta997 s comments helps as well. I guess when I want to wrench on something I can fall back on my dart block procharged fox body. .. lol.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:02 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Gen 991.1RS is 4.0 liter but not solid lift cam. Solid lift cam is in the new .2RS and the new GT3 both 4.0.

I think I have that right. It’s why everybody calls it the Motorsports motor...

Ahhh, well that is kinda what I meant in my first post above. WantA997 threw me off.

So in the end,... I get it. It does seem attractive that the same place is willing to help make the swap.... ie buy yours for a healthy price,.. and give you "somewhat" of a deal on a storied .1 RS,... and that gives you the tax credit too, .... verses doing a private sale on your 7.2 RS (Aqua Blue is a highly desirable color that collectors are obviously seeking),... then causing you to pay full tax on your .1RS.

It's a number game.
=Steve
Old 02-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Ahhh, well that is kinda what I meant in my first post above. WantA997 threw me off.

So in the end,... I get it. It does seem attractive that the same place is willing to help make the swap.... ie buy yours for a healthy price,.. and give you "somewhat" of a deal on a storied .1 RS,... and that gives you the tax credit too, .... verses doing a private sale on your 7.2 RS (Aqua Blue is a highly desirable color that collectors are obviously seeking),... then causing you to pay full tax on your .1RS.

It's a number game.
=Steve
Yep and that’s an often used tactic by dealers. At 7% it simply offsets any extra you might get by selling out right. The market price is the market price. You can’t sell the car higher generally to offset the tax benefit.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by joejenie
Info on your Blue car? I know someone who might be interested.
Check your PM please...
Old 02-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

FYI, my 997.2 RS Superman is now for sale in the vehicle marketplace:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...7-2-gt3rs.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on 991RS with replacement motor