Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sway bars for auto-x

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:43 PM
noro
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sway bars for auto-x

Hi gang, wondering if anyone has done fine tuning of the sway bar settings assuming stock suspension specifically for auto-x. I realize that camber is a big component of how the car feels, I have it at -2R -2.3F and really like that setup. The car can be made to overseer when needed but wondering if anyone has discovered a golden middle as far as sways go.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:39 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock shocks and springs?
What tires?
Is there something that you are trying to fix?
Old 07-16-2018, 06:48 PM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

stock suspension, cup 2s (soon to be RE71s). Actually, good question, I don't seem to have any problems with pointing the front where I want so in short not trying to fix anything but wondering if there is a commonly used sweet spot. Perhaps I am answering my own question, if it aint broke don;t fix it. I have been driving an E30 M3 for close to a decade, I find the GT3 to be challenging, but I get that it's the weight distribution "thing". Sometimes I would prefer the back did not come around so easily but I suspect that the artificially inducing understeer using the sway bars might be the wrong thing to do. I just have to get used to the point and shoot nature of this car and not toss it around as much.

Quick Reply: Sway bars for auto-x