Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   Shout Out to Switchcars (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/1045871-shout-out-to-switchcars.html)

K964 02-01-2018 09:05 AM

Shout Out to Switchcars

Wanted to take a moment to say Thank You (again) to Doug at Switchcars for helping me in the sale of my car. My job has been pretty brutal over the past 6 months, covering a territory that has me driving 5000-7000 Miles per month, so no real time to commit to the sale of a car. Spoke with Doug a few weeks ago and he agreed to help broker a deal for my 2010 GT3. As this was my third time dealing with Doug, I expected a smooth transaction, and once again he delivered: Quick, Clean, Easy.

One of the potential known “issues” with the car was the inoperable front end lift. Knew about it when I bought it and resigned myself to stocking up on front splitters if need be. I absolutely refused to have Porsche conduct a 5 figure repair. With that said, Doug had his wrench troubleshoot the lift and to my total shock and amazement, two of the relays were unplugged. Once plugged back in, the thing was up (pun intended ) and running. Replaced both of the relays just to ensure good connectivity. Bam! Done!

Think about what I just wrote: Doug’s guy found the problem and turns out it was no big deal. How many other dealers or brokers would have admitted that the relays were simply unplugged? I would have believed whatever I was told, especially since the car was now 600 miles away. He could have told me it was $xxxx to fix and I would have paid. Not only is Doug a knowledgeable resource for the GT3 community, he is a genuinely honest and good guy. I realize this sounds like a commercial, but if you are buying or selling a special car, give Doug a call. As I’ve written in the past, he has absolutely earned my trust and my business.

Mike

ps. And while the car is changing coasts, it remains in the Rennlist community. Thanks WM!

WantA997 02-01-2018 09:10 AM

Never dealt with him, so have no first-hand opinion, but any dealer/broker who has a "wall of shame" on their site gets a thumbs up from me.

https://www.switchcars.com/about/wallofshame

ilko 02-01-2018 12:41 PM

Congrats on the sale Mike!

I've worked with Doug in the past, he's great! Knowledgable, trustworthy, and fair.

405 02-01-2018 12:52 PM

Doug is your go to guy for a no bs transaction. He's great to work with and sold me my car late last year!

Rambler_13 02-01-2018 01:03 PM

I haven't transacted with them either but Doug has offered to help fellow Rennlisters with GT3 inspections for potential buyers in the for sale thread. He seems to be very knowledgeable on what to look for and a trusted resource for buying from or selling to. And LMAO at the wall of shame, I've been to their site many times and never even saw that!

David993S 02-01-2018 03:37 PM

Doug's a stand-up guy. I've known him for many years. I would not hesitate to do business with him.

agdamis 02-01-2018 07:55 PM

I bought my car from Doug this summer and we have kept in touch (well let me be more accurate, I annoy him with questions and advice). He was great to deal with and I would recommend him unequivocally! Absolutely great guy, honest and a true enthusiast.

mooty 02-01-2018 09:37 PM

let me pitch in as well
sold a car to doug.
he gave a fair price and wire the money quickly as promised.
no BS no stalling

switchcars 02-02-2018 12:04 PM

I'm humbled by your many kind words Mike, and thanks for the voicemail. I owe you a return call.

jason95R 02-06-2018 02:17 PM

It's refreshing to hear this kind of feedback in the day and age we live in. Seems like everyone is out there to make a buck and not worry about any repercussions it may have on the buys/seller. It's nice to know there are still stand up people in the world. Keep up the great work.

///BLACKLABEL 02-09-2018 02:42 PM

Doug is great, keeping sarcasm alive in a very overly serious world of cars.

Always enjoy chatting with Doug.

stussy1616 03-24-2018 04:34 PM

I hired Doug, switchcars, about 3 months ago to find me a 997 gt3. I was pretty specific about what I was looking for. Not only did Doug find me a great car, he was able to find me the perfect car (all the options I would of purchased had I ordered the car). The car is beautiful, exactly what I wanted, and I really can't thank Doug enough. I would 100% recommend doing business with Doug and switchcars. When I get the itch again, he will be the first person I call.

irish guitar 03-25-2018 08:27 AM

Haven't bought a car from Doug (yet), but can appreciate a dealer who is also an enthusiast.
Vivian

mikemdd 03-25-2018 07:20 PM

I was looking to sell my Club Coupe and contacted Doug for options. He spent time (lots of it...) responding to all my questions and provided invaluable advice. No transaction occurred this time but he was kind enough to provide honest and frank advice anyway. I will definitely look to him first going forward when looking for my next "want". It's encouraging to hear such positive feedback about someone in the business that is respected.

cavlino 03-29-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 14771210)
let me pitch in as well
sold a car to doug.
he gave a fair price and wire the money quickly as promised.
no BS no stalling

I have had the exactly the same car selling transaction with Doug, I always check Doug's inventory when I am thinking of my next car.