Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Prospect .2 GT3 Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 05:27 PM
djcfuels
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prospect .2 GT3 Info

Hello - First time poster, but not new to RL. I've been lurking for years, and have been on the hunt for a .2 GT3 over the last 6 months or so. I wanted to see if anyone knows or has done any due diligence on a prospect. I've had some excellent communication with the dealer (Porsche of Nashua), but wanted to check the community and see if anyone knows this car. It's a '10 with a sticker of $138k. The most notable piece of info is that the car is running steel brakes over the PCCB, and the dealer does not have the original PCCB's. Other than that its a low mileage example with a clean DME that appears to be in excellent shape. If anyone has any insight, i'm all ears. Thanks.

https://porschenashua.com/inventory/...+White+1513047

Old 12-29-2017, 05:51 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Don't know the car but those pics were taken in the summer time. New Hampshire doesn't look anything like that at the moment. It's easily 100º colder there right now. Not joking.

Wonder what took them so long to list it, OR... If it's been for sale a while, why it hasn't sold yet. Price seems OK.

I also like the size of that trunk, but looks aftermarket. It wasn't on the build sheet
Old 12-29-2017, 06:33 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Car on way to OH

Thanks,
mike

Last edited by K964; 01-02-2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: car gone
Old 12-29-2017, 06:38 PM
djcfuels
5th Gear

You're correct, this car has been available since July. It was sitting in California but made its way back to the East Coast via dealer trade apparently. Prior to this car, I was looking at one in Palm Beach. Everything checked the box absent a clean DME. The car was for sale for 6 months and the dealer was looking to make a deal. Long story short, they started the car for me and I wanted a day to think about it. It sold the very next day, likely to someone in the dealer at the time... Lol @ the trunk pic, I think they were a little attachment happy.

Last edited by djcfuels; 12-29-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:02 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Roll bar + steel brake swap on such a low mileage car leads me to believe the car has been tracked. If that's the case, I would be worried about the condition of the LSD. Try to drive the car to see how it puts down power to the rear wheels. If it's uneven, the LSD is fried, and a fried LSD on such a low mileage car indicates track use. Whether or not a previously tracked car bothers you, I don't know, but you can most definitely use this fact to your advantage when it comes time to negotiate a price. Wheels also look to be painted.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:39 PM
djcfuels
5th Gear

Originally Posted by WantA997
Roll bar + steel brake swap on such a low mileage car leads me to believe the car has been tracked. If that's the case, I would be worried about the condition of the LSD. Try to drive the car to see how it puts down power to the rear wheels. If it's uneven, the LSD is fried, and a fried LSD on such a low mileage car indicates track use. Whether or not a previously tracked car bothers you, I don't know, but you can most definitely use this fact to your advantage when it comes time to negotiate a price. Wheels also look to be painted.
Thank you for the insight. I did notice the wheels not having the stock finish too. The dealer commented that the previous owner(s) didn't track, but who really knows besides seeing it in person/driving. It's certainly set up to track.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:09 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

I've seen Mike's car above in person, it is well cared for and in great shape. I'd buy that car if I were you.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:28 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Brake calipers painted to look like PCCB. Repainted wheels. Rollcage. Aftermarket seats. Dealer photo of a non-GT3 trunk? These are all red flags. Possibly only changes created by a poser, but represent too many unknowns to be taken seriously. Especially when located near a known entity such as that offered by K964 for a much more reasonable price. I would personally pay more for K964's car, especially considering the reported condition of his original PCCB rotors, than the white car in Nashau. Then again, I have no need to show or use aftermarket equipment. Except for some refined exhaust music.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:57 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

^ Those GT2 buckets are not aftermarket...
Old 12-30-2017, 02:13 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

This car has already been discussed in the for sale thread recently as a few of us also called the dealer to ask about it. Couple of additional items not mentioned here is that the dealer does not have any of the service records, the coolant lines have not been pinned, and there is no ppf if that matters to you (especially if the car was tracked). Car is well spec’d and tempting but too many unknowns at the moment for comfort.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:16 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
Wink

Roll bar + steel brake swap on such a low mileage car leads me to believe the car has been tracked.
I gotta laugh at this because I said the same thing in the for sale thread and you said not to assume it was tracked based on this.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:59 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I gotta laugh at this because I said the same thing in the for sale thread and you said not to assume it was tracked based on this.
I said that a roll bar doesn't necessarily mean the car has been tracked. This was before it came to light that the PCCBs were swapped out for steel brakes, which unlike a roll bar is actually a legitimate indicator that the car has indeed seen track time Bottom line is for $120k you can do better.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:27 AM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

I said that a roll bar doesn't necessarily mean the car has been tracked. This was before it came to light that the PCCBs were swapped out for steel brakes, which unlike a roll bar is actually a legitimate indicator that the car has indeed seen track time Bottom line is for $120k you can do better.
My bad about the seats. But you bring up another unknown. Were the PCCB rotors switched or did he have the calipers painted when the wheels were painted?
Old 12-30-2017, 03:51 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grizfish
My bad about the seats. But you bring up another unknown. Were the PCCB rotors switched or did he have the calipers painted when the wheels were painted?
As per the original post, "The most notable piece of info is that the car is running steel brakes over the PCCB, and the dealer does not have the original PCCB's."
Old 12-30-2017, 11:19 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
Car looks good. But if you open to another color, and paying a lot less, I am selling my 2010 GT3 in Meteor Gray metallic. Car has: 27900 Miles, PCCB and AP steel rotors, sport buckets, black full leather, sound package plus, NO wart, tecquipment roll bar, brand new Michelin PS4S, OEM Carbon fiber center console, and full XPEL on hood/fenders/mirrors/rockers/top of roof. Also has Sharky center bypass. The original bypass and the PCCB are included in sale.

The Car just went through a complete PPI at New Country Porsche in Clifton Park, NY, on 12/12/17, and DME showed NO overrevs above a 1. PPI results were perfect except for non-working front end lift. Front splitters are cheap. Only reason I am selling is that another Cup Car about to occupy a space in my garage. $104,997. Firm.

Thanks,
mike
This is where I would go. There seem to be too many questions about the white car. Spend the right money on the right car the first time and you'll never have to wonder about where the car's been.

Quick Reply: Prospect .2 GT3 Info