Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 02:28 AM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Horsche???

here's this - had to explain it to my wife a little bit, but she got it after a little coaching.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:31 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
LOL - I see you made the same mistake that I did too - my wife has two dressage monsters, both well over 17 hands(6 feet at the shoulder), and a rapidly growing 3 year old.

For those of you who are lucky not to know, horses tend to be more expensive, and time consuming than cars.
We had a 17'2 Dressage monster, but now have a 2.5 year old. I was somewhat lucky that she realized she didn't have time for the horse once my daughter is born, but now that my daughter is getting a bit older I can see her catching the bug again which might mean it won't be long before the board bills come back and even double.....

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 12-20-2017, 11:48 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been going for about the last 6 years. I go with a group of guys and we have a ball. We are all heading down on Thursday this year so that we can be there all day Friday. Not sure what we are going to do Thursday night since we have our routine for the rest of the weekend down pretty pat.

Having access to the garages make it great. I wish that I was ever able to buy tickets early so that we can have a car in the infield. Would be so much nicer to have a home base to work from. I remember the first year we had parking at the grassroots area. Now that is crazy hard to get.

Thanks

Ed
Old 12-25-2017, 12:40 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I've gone a few years and had success getting a hotel right across the street. It was great to be able to walk back and forth for bathroom, showers, order a pizza, pathetic but appreciated continental breakfast. If members of your party are less interested in the race they can get a good sleep through the night.

I took an uber and never rented a car the whole weekend. One night we took an uber into the city center for a nice dinner.

Also, if you fancy a track walk they usually have a fun run in the extreme early morning before the race where you can run/walk the track.

Quick Reply: Daytona