Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bad Marketplace purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:45 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,990 Likes on 1,774 Posts
Default Bad Marketplace purchase

I hope that this post isn't premature and if it is then, I apologize and I will delete it. A few weeks ago I purchased this from FastAlpine.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...tyle-tips.html

It was advertised as belonging to him and complete with all necessary brackets. Long story short, the two most important brackets and the most expensive were missing from the system. I reached out to FastAlpine (FA) to work on a solution. He was to look for them at the shop that removed the system, from his car, and I was to call Rhonda and see if she could procure me another set. FA and I went back and forth via text with our progress.

FA said that when the shop removed the system from his car, the brackets that were holding up the system were the stock brackets and that they used them to reinstall the stock system. I told FA that it's impossible to use the stock brackets to mount up the Brom side mufflers as the Brom headers are in the way. I then asked FA to look under his car to verify that the brackets are indeed stock and not Brombacher brackets and for some strange reason, I couldn't get him to do that. I asked for a pic but none came.

Then FA then revealed to me that the system was never his and was never on his car but rather came of another car and he was just selling it. The car, the system was removed from, was in a different state and he couldn't call the owner as the person was too wealthy to bother with looking at the brackets on his 997.1. Finally the truth came out and I see why he was so evasive with the inspecting of his own vehicle.

On my end, Rhonda is going to have a hard time getting me these as M&M changed their design several times since this system was manufactured and, well, lets just say it hasn't been easy and it's not going to be easy to get these brackets. If we finally can get them, they aren't going to be cheap as the Porsche brackets that hold the side mufflers cost about $750 each.

I now want my money back. I want FA to take this system back and give me full refund. I want him to cover all return shipping costs and he has refused.

The ad is not truthful, He blatantly lied about the system in the ad. Stated it was his and stated that the system came with all necessary brackets and hardware. The system was never his and the two most expensive brackets were missing. In life if you mess up, you gotta pay the price. FA now blames this on me for not realizing that the brackets would not be included as they weren't in the picture. I thought I could trust a member to give me what was advertised and not spin the blame on the buyer to beware. Apologies if this is a hard read. Too many hours at work, not enough free time and a garage with a car that's not together. Even worse, I already sold my RSs center delete so I can't put the car back together until I get this sorted.

Fast Alpine, I told you I would blast this up on Rennlist. All you had to do was to take the system back. You lose $150 in shipping, that's it to save your sales reputation. You should be listed as a bad seller. I gave you multiple opportunities and you throw laughing text messages me, which I really am not in the mood for. I'll eat the $2,500 and move on. You should never be allowed to sell on this forum again.

Rant off, I'm out!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,859 Likes on 2,396 Posts

too bad to hear that.
this is a "community"
i have also noticed some sellers are selling things before they purchased it....

i have sold items for friends on their request, but i will only do so if i have physical possession of those items and that they are good enough for my own use before i would help them sell
Old 11-29-2017, 08:32 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Sorry to hear. Really sucks
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 AM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a shame. With the monies involved I'd def find a way to take legal action without tossing a lot of good money after bad. I see that you're across the country from FA, but still...

On another note: have you considered going to a fabricator to have brackets made up? Yes the GT3 side muffler hangers are more than just a hook and a rubber donut, but Porsche's price is sexually intercoursed in the head. I can't imagine it would cost a fabricator anywhere near $1500 to come up with a solution - even considering that this is SS.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:15 AM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 119 Posts

I've been continuously working with Driver the ENTIRE time throughout this ordeal. I have never once stopped communicating or working with him to get this resolved. He has suggested multiple ways of going about this, from us splitting a pair of $300 oem brackets so he could have someone fabricate a pair that would work to having me pay for the brackets from M&M. The system was from a local friend's car who is not on Rennlist and asked me to give him a hand selling it as he was moving cross country and did not want to bring it with him. I did not think it was critical to have that information known when selling an exhaust system. I showed pictures of what was included and then copied M&M specs of the exhaust. I am more than willing to help out and get these brackets figured out but eating $300 in shipping costs does not make any sense when any half decent fabricator can make these is an hours time. I am not a bad seller and I had the system in hand before posting it for sale, just like mooty said. I have been buying and selling on this forum along with multiple BMW and VW forums for the past 20 years without issue.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Quoting from the ad: "Posting my old exhaust off of my 997.1 GT3. I bought the car with the full exhaust but removed it because I wanted the fully stock system back on. The mileage is around 35,000 and everything is in nice shape."

But basically you sold an incomplete system. So make it right. Pay for the brackets or fabrication or refund the system. Your choice really.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:52 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO
Sometimes when you know it's a hella of a deal and it's a used product- and the issue is small issue, you just have to move along.

AudiDriver, if you're in SFBA, i know a fabricator that can make this happen for a fraction of the $1500.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:55 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 296 Posts

I have two sets of side mufflers, If they both have brackets you can have a set. I have to check...
Old 11-29-2017, 01:39 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Quoting from the ad: "Posting my old exhaust off of my 997.1 GT3. I bought the car with the full exhaust but removed it because I wanted the fully stock system back on. The mileage is around 35,000 and everything is in nice shape."

But basically you sold an incomplete system. So make it right. Pay for the brackets or fabrication or refund the system. Your choice really.
The last text message I have with the OP before he made this post I clearly stated I would help with getting the brackets. Never got a response back and then a few hours later this was made.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 126 Posts

These sort of things can be very frustrating for all involved, suggest you two work together.

I dont know enough to opine whether or not brackets should be part of a "full exhaust" I would think no, but regardless you two should be gentlemen and work it out
Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

I've been trying to work it out and kept getting threatened with "I will put you on blast on Rennlist".
Old 11-29-2017, 06:12 PM
Suede
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Not acceptable!

Fast Alpine you are a douche and should be banned from this site!!!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:34 PM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Did you just read the same thread I did? Did you actually read the thread? Have you read FA's responses? Yes he spoke in the first person in the ad - that was wrong. But he seems to be working to make it right. Where does the "douche" come from? And the ban?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:43 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 263 Posts

Why would someone claim to sell a part that “came off his car†when it never was a part of his ride?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede
Fast Alpine you are a douche and should be banned from this site!!!
Seems like there is some additional backstory here........

Quick Reply: Bad Marketplace purchase