Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 161 Likes on 118 Posts
Default New 997.1 splitter from JTC at DemonSpeed

Joe Toth has created a new design for a splitter for the 997.1 made from composite.

This is a great item to use for non PCA GTC4 events. You can use the factory part for the PCA race, then throw on the JTC part for the track days/NASA events.

We will be getting the first round of product to Demon Speed in about a week.

Here are a couple pictures of the splitter. There is no undertray, but one could be added easily.

The price for this splitter is $440 plus shipping.

You can see it here on our website.

http://www.demonspeedmotorsports.com...-9971split.htm

Ordering this today will make sure you get one of the first that is delivered.

We also sell the factory cup splitter (without the vents)

Also, Sign up on our website home page for email alerts to all of our weekly sales. This weeks sale is SPEC clutches.

Thanks
Ed
Attached Images   

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

Last edited by Ed@Demonspeed; 11-15-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:35 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks pretty much like a slightly deeper CUP lip, any proven aero benefits?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

how much are the cheap units (don't recall the last time I bought one), but curious as to why anyone would change these out unless one got trashed...

sorry, I don't track so I could just be clueless
Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Belinko
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 71 Posts

link isn't working
Old 11-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Link fixed.

This is designed based off of the 997.1 Grand Am cars which used a splitter instead of the factory spoiler. The depth of the splitter is about the same as the factory cup spoiler.

The advantage is down force for the track. Once this is added our experience is that to re-balance the car takes about 2 degrees of wing adjustment. Or, if you do not have an adjustable wing, it allows you to overcome push which many of these cars have (even when we are talking about the cup cars)

Thanks

Ed
Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 PM
adi_d
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Is there a version that would fit the 997.2 GT3?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:52 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The plan would be to do the 997.2 as well. Joe needs to have (ideally) the car up by him to be able to do all the fitment and prep work.

It will come with time, it is just not in process yet. I can let you know as we get closer.

Thanks
Ed
Old 11-19-2017, 12:38 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,728 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Hi Ed, what is this made out of? how will it handle scraping?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:37 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

How flexible is this and would you dare use one on the street?...race only?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

These splitters are made from composite (fiberglass). They have a little flexibility, but not much. If you were to run into a parking curb they would crack. Scrapping as you go in and out of driveways happens and is typically ok. These are not supper low, so unless you have a low car it will not scrape that often.

Joe has made this same splitter for the Cayman cars for a couple of years. We sell more of them for the street consumer for styling than we do for racing. We have a local racing customer that has been using the Cayman splitter on his race car. He just bought his second after a big off at Pitt race.

btw, we sell all of the Joe Toth products. We have everything that he makes in stock and ready to ship. The dive planes are also a very popular item for the GT3s

http://www.demonspeedmotorsports.com...osites_c97.htm

Thanks
Ed
Old 11-22-2017, 12:18 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed
These splitters are made from composite (fiberglass). They have a little flexibility, but not much. If you were to run into a parking curb they would crack. Scrapping as you go in and out of driveways happens and is typically ok. These are not supper low, so unless you have a low car it will not scrape that often.

Joe has made this same splitter for the Cayman cars for a couple of years. We sell more of them for the street consumer for styling than we do for racing. We have a local racing customer that has been using the Cayman splitter on his race car. He just bought his second after a big off at Pitt race.

btw, we sell all of the Joe Toth products. We have everything that he makes in stock and ready to ship. The dive planes are also a very popular item for the GT3s

http://www.demonspeedmotorsports.com...osites_c97.htm

Thanks
Ed
regarding in/out driveway scraping - how loose will this become? as in, would it be easy to pull off with your hands (or re-install if pulled loose)

I love the looks of this, but at $440+ (as a disposable / consumable), I tend to lean toward what is cheapest (unless I can get more longevity from a product)
Old 11-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is a hard question to answer since every situation is different. The question is, do you scrape now. Do you consume factory spoilers now? Are you happy with the factory spoiler now?

My street car is a 996 Turbo which is lowered and has a factory GT2 front end on it. I run the factory spoiler on it. I end up going through a splitter every couple of years from scrapping and bumping parking curbs.

As far as how it mounts, it fits into the standard spoiler location and has a screw on either location to secure it, just as the factory part does.

Thanks

Ed
Old 11-23-2017, 01:47 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed
This is a hard question to answer since every situation is different. The question is, do you scrape now. Do you consume factory spoilers now? Are you happy with the factory spoiler now?

My street car is a 996 Turbo which is lowered and has a factory GT2 front end on it. I run the factory spoiler on it. I end up going through a splitter every couple of years from scrapping and bumping parking curbs.

As far as how it mounts, it fits into the standard spoiler location and has a screw on either location to secure it, just as the factory part does.

Thanks

Ed
ok, I do scrape now, and I scraped before on my previous 2 cars. owned a "spare" never needed to use it. current GT3 scraped a couple days ago and was half hanging off the front end (had never seen that before and have scraped FAR worse on previous GT3) - unit pushed right back in but my fear is it might be time for a new one (or will it be the same), perhaps the screws are missing? - I love the look of your splitter
Old 11-25-2017, 08:18 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only fasteners that it should have are a screw on either side in the wheel well area. This just keeps the spoiler tight on the bumper. If you are missing one or both of the screws it pops out on the sides.

I personally ran my turbo without the screws for a bit and had to keep on pushing it back in after every driveway rub.

Thanks
Ed

Quick Reply: New 997.1 splitter from JTC at DemonSpeed