Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Garage cabinets

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
What made you go with new age vs saber? When you pay extra for those series price difference is a moot point.
I have not ordered them yet, but plan to I the next couple weeks, (waiting on some other items to get completed in the garage first). Saber was hard to get all the details. I do not want to have to assemble the cabinets whereas the New-Age is ready. I also do not want to mount these to the wall, the New Age has options on Casters. Scouring the internet, there is more information on NewAge and with Saber I cannot find a package or dealer that lays out the options as well.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:15 AM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
What made you go with new age vs saber? When you pay extra for those series price difference is a moot point.
I did a bit of searching around and the costco price for the 8-piece newage was ~$900 shipped (lift gate service - all items came on one pallet) with very little assembly. It looks to be a little more now.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:21 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I'm ordering saber. my space the new age tall storage cabinets are not wide enough.
priced both the prices are similar for new age pro vs. saber.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:46 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I'm ordering saber. my space the new age tall storage cabinets are not wide enough.
priced both the prices are similar for new age pro vs. saber.
Agree. That's what I really liked about the Saber is the wider cabinets. I just ordered Saber myself. Dean there was very helpful and answered all questions I had.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the Vidmar (Stanley) cabinets, which are a direct competitor to Lista. These are no joke. They have the drawers on ball bearings much like Mooty describes (10 per drawer), where I can sit on them and they still function. I just moved them this past weekend, and the cabinet alone, with no drawers takes 3 men to lift into a truck...probably 250+ lbs. Very thick sheet metal construction. I inherited them from my grandfather who worked there for 35 years, so I didn't have to bear the ridiculous cost of buying them, but now that I have them, I can see whey they are so expensive. They are not built like a truck, they are built like a train.
The following users liked this post:
Oliver911 (03-11-2020)
Old 01-23-2018, 01:47 PM
96Tiger
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just installed New Age Bold. Can't beat the price delivered from Costco.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:56 PM
ZombieBranz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the new age performance plus about two years ago. The price to quality factor is good. Certainly you can spend more and get better/stronger but for the price new age was worth it for me. i got 3 uppers, 2 of the large standalone cabs, 2 base cabinets with stainless worktop and also a separate worktable with wood top...all for $2250.

One of my large cabinets was slightly damaged and they sent me a replacement and let me keep the damaged one. I was able to repair the damaged one so I ended up with 3 large cabs. Good customer service.

After two years....no problems with anything. Drawers all work fine. Happy with the purchase.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

For price comparison with Saber: 1 large, 2 wall, 2 base (with drawers), and a stainless counter top delivered to SoCal is about 2k. I've recently remodeled my garage and have an inset area in front with overhead task lighting and electrical wall outlets where these will be bolted to the wall raised up about 4".
Old 01-23-2018, 06:27 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

I ordered New Age 3.0 as well, will arrive in a few weeks. Once installed will post some pix...
Old 01-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

When I built my (little) garage I opted for New Age Performance 2.0 cabinets - No Lista but a quality product for the money -

Best,

Matt

The following users liked this post:
cbracerx (06-03-2021)
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Moduline in my last house. Great cabinets with delf locking doors and drawers. All aluminum throughout. I am building a new house now and need a modern look to match the house - probably going with Moduline again.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Protocav
I have the Vidmar (Stanley) cabinets, which are a direct competitor to Lista. These are no joke. They have the drawers on ball bearings much like Mooty describes (10 per drawer), where I can sit on them and they still function. I just moved them this past weekend, and the cabinet alone, with no drawers takes 3 men to lift into a truck...probably 250+ lbs. Very thick sheet metal construction. I inherited them from my grandfather who worked there for 35 years, so I didn't have to bear the ridiculous cost of buying them, but now that I have them, I can see whey they are so expensive. They are not built like a truck, they are built like a train.
LMAO, the fork lift delivered the LISTA to my driveway while i was not home.
when i got back, you should see the contraptions i devised to get the freaking cabinet into the garage BY MYSELF, that's with all drawers removed....
Old 03-04-2018, 03:10 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Installed these today
Saber.

Very pleased with them. This setup was about $2k delivered. The base cabinets are assembled, the upper and large cabinet require assembly. Not hard, just heavy and a lot of screws.
Installation is easy, my garage floor has a concrete lip, which we rested a 4x4 on, and used 6" lag bolts into the studs.
The cabinets rest on the 4x4 and are bolted to the wall.
I used 2" hardened #10 screws with fender washers.
I also drilled a handful of additional mounting holes for the base, wall, and large cabinet to secure to the wall
The cabinets themselves are all bolted to each other
Top is held to base cabinets with screws
Its all super sold, can stand in the large cabinet with no flex, and no movement on the worktop standing on it.

Last edited by Spyerx; 03-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:21 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Late to post pics... But installed New Age Cabinets a couple months back as part of my garage remodel... Very happy with the look, fit finish, and overall quality. The tool cabinets roll out easily and all have nice features, at a great price...

Old 12-18-2018, 10:39 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Late to post pics... But installed New Age Cabinets a couple months back as part of my garage remodel... Very happy with the look, fit finish, and overall quality. The tool cabinets roll out easily and all have nice features, at a great price...
Super nice! I'm looking at the same. Thanks for posting.

I really like the one cabinet 'floating' above the floor to be able to place something underneath.

I have a question about the cabinet doors. Do they swing wide open or only 90 degrees? My current cabinets only open 90 degrees and it's a total pain getting around them.

Quick Reply: Garage cabinets