GT3 for sale at Livermore Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 01:58 AM
mkrajanowski
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stay Away from the Livermore

DON'T BUY A CAR FROM THIS DEALERSHIP

I've been meaning to post my honor story on purchasing a 2010 GT3 from them. Bottom line, the GM will tell you anything and try to sell you on how "he" walked the car to check it out. To give some context and background, my story is below...

I found a 2010 GT3 on their site. Did some research and seemed good till I purchased the car, which is where everything started. I purchased the car sight unseen (I know and don't make an issue of it) - asked for all the reports and carfax, which checked out. I knew the sales guy who rejoined the dealership after doing his own business thing for a few years. He was given little information on the car and I was told it was traded in by a friend of the dealership owner.

I went to pick the car up from the dealership after flying up from Socal. Looked over the car and noticed the exhaust wasn't stock even though I was told it was numerous times. Brakes were aftermarket (GiroDisc) and squeaked the under braking. Usually, this is normal (race pads) but there were cracks on the rotors. I brought it to the attention of the service manager and was told that was normal wear. Struggled to understand it but did some quick research on 6speed and this forum. I decided to bring the car back after 24-hours and have it put on the lift and have a tech walk me through the car.

Found RSS suspension pieces, told again the brakes were good, and the tires were okay. I'll be honest, I'm not the technical guy and have been learning over the years - trusted a dealership with good reviews. Decided to drive the car back to Socal and continued to have a feeling in my gut that I needed to take to another dealership. Took the car to Walter's in Riverside and they were alarmed the car was sold from a dealership with the following issues -
- tires had less than 1mm of tread left.
-tires were not N rated
-brakes were a hazard and I shouldn't have been driving it

I reached out to Livermore with the issues and asked for them to cover the cost. Kevin, the GM started to state that he allowed me to walk the car and that he would not cover the issues. I brought to his attention, that he sat down next to me in the dealership, advised the car was great and could be CPOd, his head service manager said the car was good to go, and the tech said everything was top notch. Long story, I advised him that I presented my case to a lawyer who was more than willing represent me. Once I went down the legal path, Kevin started to dodge my and Walter's Porsche calls. After numerous calls to Riverside, they kept hounding Kevin to pay for the parts. Kevin finally agreed (never called me back) and then sent only two rear tires that were not correct - asked me to sign a waiver.

After 3-weeks (car has been in the shop longer than I have owned it) of crap from Livermore and Riverside taking great care of me, I now have my car back. Riverside is still dealing with Kevin, who will not call them back (as of my pickup) to settle the bill - $6K.

Bottom line - Livermore Porsche is run by a GM who only cars about his bottom line. Uses lines like, "man to man" and other things to try and build your trust. He speaks terribly of other dealerships and I hope I can cascade my story to prevent other people from having these issues. I will take time to post a separate thread on my journey but don't purchase a GT3 or any other car from them. Last note, there weren't any over revs that caused concern - zone 1, over 500 hours ago.

CPO - you can CPO a car but it will only cover the OEM parts. If anything not OEM, it is not covered and is a grey area.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 PM
w0ggy
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Was this the white GT3 with black rims they had on sale recently? I think it had a white roll cage as well.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

mkrajanowski

livermore has bad rep, i am surprise u haven't heard.
if car has non OEM parts, it cannot be CPO'd.
they also lied to u that the car can be CPO'd. if the tire ony has 1mm left, they CANNOT CPO'd
do not trust dealers, there are only a handful of dealers out of the 100's in USA i would trust.
and most dealer techs know less than i do about cars. and i can't tell one end of a hammer fromm the other....

go in with clear eyes and be aware of what you are stepping into
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
I'm not that good at reading these reports. But I assume anything over range 1 and 2 aren't that great?
i am a buyer at 75000$, more than that, i walk
Old 11-03-2017, 01:29 AM
mkrajanowski
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

w0ggy,

Yes, it was the GT3 with black rims (5-lug conversion) and a white roll cage installed. I'm trying to get more details on who did the work. Sharkwerks can't find a file based on the VIN but say the car sounds familiar - exhaust, suspension, motor mounts, etc. I'm sure I'll find some other issues, but with any used car, you will find something that needs to be fixed.

As a side note - I expect these cars to be tracked but also expect maintenance on a regular basis. I'm not a typical GT3 owner and plan to drive my car as much as possible - not trying to offend anyone on here. Some would say this is crazy but I enjoy driving cars and why spend the money to have it sit in a garage? If there are any GT3 owners in the Riverside area and plan on going to some Cars and Coffee or track days, let me know.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is not legal for a dealer to sell a car that has worn tires, brakes and cannot pass smog in CA.

If this car is in such bad shape, how come brake warning lights weren't on?

A dealer that doesn't tell the truth? Shocking! Lol
Old 11-03-2017, 02:46 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mkrajanowski
w0ggy,

Yes, it was the GT3 with black rims (5-lug conversion) and a white roll cage installed. I'm trying to get more details on who did the work. Sharkwerks can't find a file based on the VIN but say the car sounds familiar - exhaust, suspension, motor mounts, etc. I'm sure I'll find some other issues, but with any used car, you will find something that needs to be fixed.

As a side note - I expect these cars to be tracked but also expect maintenance on a regular basis. I'm not a typical GT3 owner and plan to drive my car as much as possible - not trying to offend anyone on here. Some would say this is crazy but I enjoy driving cars and why spend the money to have it sit in a garage? If there are any GT3 owners in the Riverside area and plan on going to some Cars and Coffee or track days, let me know.
Any photos of your car?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:10 AM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Formerly Known As: 2008whitegt3

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mkrajanowski
w0ggy,

looks like member "FRANCARS" old gt3. I remember this car over @livermore when it was for sale
Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

You won't offend anyone here by driving the crap out of your cars. GT3s and GT2s can and should be driven. They are super strong and I've used several as daily drivers. Good for you for using it! JBO

Quick Reply: GT3 for sale at Livermore Porsche