Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 for sale at Livermore Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 03:39 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

You guys are insane. This thing has A couple bolt ones and wheel color changed. I see no red flags at all in any of the pictures. Have it inspected if paranoid. Brake calipers that shiny have not been enjoyed unless refinished.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i had a boxster s that was hit hard ewith 5 panels needing work. dumped at carlsen, they CPO'd it.
"dumped" - love it!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:11 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You guys are insane. This thing has A couple bolt ones and wheel color changed. I see no red flags at all in any of the pictures. Have it inspected if paranoid. Brake calipers that shiny have not been enjoyed unless refinished.
x2

i laugh out loud at a few post above.
smh
when did the gt3 forum become this ...
Old 10-29-2017, 08:47 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm the newcomer here and since my comments are funny and insane I might as well double down. The OP asked the board for its collective opinion on the car. I can only comment on what I see. To reiterate, this may be a good car but there are several potential red flags including some odd aesthetic choices. My first point is the CPO means nothing. Ignore it and do your homework. I'll save the horror stories for another time. However i've been burned by "CPO'd" cars multiple times. In addition I believe those are 430 Scuderia Stripes poorly adapted to fit a GT3?? I suppose the stripes can be removed but Livermore is super hot and I'd fear ghosting. Moreover I'm always wary of heavily tinted vehicles. For those who say it's simple to remove, it's not. It comes off eventually but it's an ugly process and the window defroster will almost certainly be a casualty. The gloss black wheels match the tint but the overall look is strange to me. All that was before M said this car belonged to his neighbor and it was well maintained so I stand corrected. I personally would have chalked up the few strange aesthetic decisions, wondered what else might be lurking sight unseen and chose to look for a more cohesive example elsewhere of which there happen to be several on the market at attractive prices. Yep crazy. JBO
Old 10-29-2017, 09:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
"dumped" - love it!
i did
4000 miles and $20000 back from msrp
i told them the accident and gave them the invoice from body shop
Old 10-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
I'm the newcomer here and since my comments are funny and insane I might as well double down. The OP asked the board for its collective opinion on the car. I can only comment on what I see. To reiterate, this may be a good car but there are several potential red flags including some odd aesthetic choices. My first point is the CPO means nothing. Ignore it and do your homework. I'll save the horror stories for another time. However i've been burned by "CPO'd" cars multiple times. In addition I believe those are 430 Scuderia Stripes poorly adapted to fit a GT3?? I suppose the stripes can be removed but Livermore is super hot and I'd fear ghosting. Moreover I'm always wary of heavily tinted vehicles. For those who say it's simple to remove, it's not. It comes off eventually but it's an ugly process and the window defroster will almost certainly be a casualty. The gloss black wheels match the tint but the overall look is strange to me. All that was before M said this car belonged to his neighbor and it was well maintained so I stand corrected. I personally would have chalked up the few strange aesthetic decisions, wondered what else might be lurking sight unseen and chose to look for a more cohesive example elsewhere of which there happen to be several on the market at attractive prices. Yep crazy. JBO
delete
Old 10-29-2017, 10:02 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Fair criticism. I take this stuff way too seriously. And I should lighten up. Sometimes I think I'm nutz...other times I make myself crazy. I wish I could sweat the details less but it's just the way my mind works. Ive come to the conclusion that I'm too old to change and I've given up on myself. You should have seen me sweat the details on my RS order; it was cataclysmic. For what it's worth I like them with or
without graphics and I really dig your RS. JBO PS Your points were well taken and I wish you hadn't deleted them.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:06 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I agree. No real "red flags," that I can see. Those vinyl graphics, likely from Kyle in SD, probably haven't been on long enough to cause anything near " ghosting." I'm sure they'd peel off in a matter of minutes with a good hair dryer (btw, my wife's $500 Dyson hair dryer seemed like a crazy luxury at the time, but I've found it works wonders for our cars, in terms of applying stone guards, removing above mentioned vinyl graphics, etc.). Small, easily reversible cosmetic things are a non-issue, to me. Now knowing it was a well maintained car, makes this a likely good buy. CPO is a blessing, at this time, for any 997.2 GT3. I'm sure it'll be more of a boon than not, for sure, on balance. Looks like a good car, to me. Hope it checks out, for the OP, in the end. Cheers.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i did
4000 miles and $20000 back from msrp
i told them the accident and gave them the invoice from body shop
LOL - John, your certainly one guy on this forum I trust is being truthful

Just made me laugh, and it must feel even better now that it was at Carlsen!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:49 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

I'm not that good at reading these reports. But I assume anything over range 1 and 2 aren't that great?
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:42 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

And there ya have it!

Close thread
Old 10-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

I’d walk with those numbers. At 500 hours there was a major overrev event. I forget the rules on cpo and warranty. Robust engines. Probably fine. But...
Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

In a non-turbo car it takes special talent to generate that kind of DME report.
I would walk away fast.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:08 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 259 Posts

Ahhh damn, we do drive a bit crazy in the hood. I’ll have to take my vouch back. He did sell outright to the dealer, surprised they did not pull the dme before they bought it.

Josh called it with the red flag.

Originally Posted by 911F1
I'm not that good at reading these reports. But I assume anything over range 1 and 2 aren't that great?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:53 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
In a non-turbo car it takes special talent to generate that kind of DME report.
I would walk away fast.
yeah like a 5-2 downshift at pace...

downshift zing!

Quick Reply: GT3 for sale at Livermore Porsche