Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb RSS | X-Pipe Exhaust 997 GT3/RS (1204 Series) | Signature Sound

RSS | X-Pipe (1204 Series) | 997 GT3/RS

The RSS 997GT3 X-PIPE CENTER EXHAUST w/ NEW ANGLE CUT TIPS
• 3" Lower & 2" Upper 304 Stainless Steel Construction
• Large 3 3/8" 304 Stainless Steel Angle Cut Dual Tailpipes Included (welded on)
• Ceramic Coated Satin Black
• Intoxicating Sound, Aggressive Motorsport Looks
• Weighs Only 8 lbs.
• All Hardware (clamps) Included
• Fits 997.1 GT3/GT3RS & 997.2 (2010+) GT3/GT3RS
• Handmade in Southern California, USA

Webstie Link: http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/997-gt3-x.../i-526173.aspx
Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Helimini
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SW or rss bypass?

hi,
I have a 2010 gt3 and I have been contemplating going with the Sharkwerks muffler bypass. or the RSS x pipe... just wondering what are the differences and which is preferred from experienced rennlisters?

thanks in advance

jeremy
Old 10-18-2017, 07:10 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Helimini
hi,
I have a 2010 gt3 and I have been contemplating going with the Sharkwerks muffler bypass. or the RSS x pipe... just wondering what are the differences and which is preferred from experienced rennlisters?

thanks in advance

jeremy
You can't go wrong with either but the majority of people who have experience with both say they prefer the RSS. I went with RSS and I couldn't be happier. My friend with a SW exhaust on his GT3 even commented on how good my car sounds.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Helimini
Advanced

how about the fabspeed.
997.2 GT3RS Center Muffler Bypass Pipe ....I see someone selling these here on rennlist? anyone have any experience with the Fabspeed?

Hey RSSmike, can you give me your thoughts on why I should choose the rss x pipe over the Sharkwerks or the Fabspeed for my GT3 997.2?

thanks in advance.....

Last edited by Helimini; 10-19-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:26 PM
bobodrink
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

how about the fabspeed.
997.2 GT3RS Center Muffler Bypass Pipe ....I see someone selling these here on rennlist? anyone have any experience with the Fabspeed?

Hey RSSmike, can you give me your thoughts on why I should choose the rss x pipe over the Sharkwerks or the Fabspeed for my GT3 997.2?

thanks in advance.....
I can give you some insights about this. I have had all three of them and I still have the RSS on my car right now.

Sharwerks: Rawer sound, more bark at low speed, more mid range punch.

Fabspeed: Loudest sound, not as raw and not as exotic sounding until you put on their long tube headers.

RSS: Highest pitch sound due to the x pipe design. Mid range is smoother than the Sharwerks but your top end pull is much stronger. If you want a exotic sound it has to be a x pipe.

If you drive the car a lot on the top, RSS is the go, if you just want to rev the car down low, Sharwerks will sound better.

You can check out my IG for more vids.

End of the day, not even Porsche guys can really tell the difference right away and you won't go wrong with any.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Helimini
Advanced

Originally Posted by bobodrink
I can give you some insights about this. I have had all three of them and I still have the RSS on my car right now.

Fabspeed: Loudest sound, not as raw and not as exotic sounding until you put on their long tube headers.

RSS: Highest pitch sound due to the x pipe design. Mid range is smoother than the Sharwerks but your top end pull is much stronger. If you want a exotic sound it has to be a x pipe.

If you drive the car a lot on the top, RSS is the go, if you just want to rev the car down low, Sharwerks will sound better.

End of the day, not even Porsche guys can really tell the difference right away and you won't go wrong with any.
Hi BOBO,

just the kinda insight I was looking for thanks, do you have any videos of your gt3 with any of the exhausts described?

thanks
Jeremy
Old 10-19-2017, 05:29 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

Its a bypass, any hp talk is so minuscule its not talked about. You are not going to feel and "punch" or "pull" with a bypass.

Originally Posted by bobodrink

Old 11-01-2017, 03:25 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WantA997
You can't go wrong with either but the majority of people who have experience with both say they prefer the RSS. I went with RSS and I couldn't be happier. My friend with a SW exhaust on his GT3 even commented on how good my car sounds.
Thanks for the kind words, glad your enjoying the X-Pipe Signature Sound!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 PM
bobodrink
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Its a bypass, any hp talk is so minuscule its not talked about. You are not going to feel and "punch" or "pull" with a bypass.
All of the hp difference is minimal for sure. But to me I could tell a difference in how the power comes rather than how much power. And it somewhat make sense, with a straight bypass, exhaust should flow right out faster but peaks a bit up top. The xpipe will take a bit more pedal to fully get the pressure going, so more top end power. At least that is what I feel.
Most important is the difference in sound, Sharwerks barks with raw sounds, x pipe is much more pure.

Hi BOBO,

just the kinda insight I was looking for thanks, do you have any videos of your gt3 with any of the exhausts described?

thanks
Jeremy
check out my IG!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I just removed mine and have moved on. It was such a great pipe and I loved every minute of it. New owner is on here so hope he chimes in with his impressions.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:22 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I just removed mine and have moved on. It was such a great pipe and I loved every minute of it. New owner is on here so hope he chimes in with his impressions.
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the X-Pipe!
Old 08-19-2018, 11:41 AM
yokevlee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RSSmike
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the X-Pipe!
hey Mike, if i already have a side muffler bypass with only 1 pipe going to the center section, can i still use this rss x-pipe?
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 AM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by yokevlee
hey Mike, if i already have a side muffler bypass with only 1 pipe going to the center section, can i still use this rss x-pipe?
Hi yokevlee, the X-Pipe would require 2 x OE Size inlets per side to work as designed.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:04 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you pm me for pricing on an xpipe for my 11 RS shipped to texas. Thanks
Old 08-27-2018, 05:03 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

subscribed

Quick Reply: RSS | X-Pipe Exhaust 997 GT3/RS (1204 Series) | Signature Sound