Dundon 321SS Lifetime 997.1/997.2 GT3 RS Center Muffler Intro Buy Is Open

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:26 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Dundon 321SS Lifetime 997.1/997.2 GT3 RS Center Muffler Intro Buy Is Open

Most of us have experienced the many issues associated with both the stock Steel and Ti rear mufflers on our beloved 997.1, 997.2 , 991.1 and 991.2 GT3, GT3RS and 911R. cracking, holes, not passing sound etc... We've been reinforcing both the Steel and Ti versions for years after they crack and understand why they fail quite well. We set out to fix the weakness of the OEM center muffler and include an option for those that want their car to pass the more and more prevalent dB restricted tracks without losing power. We finalized the design and have tested at numerous tracks both for longevity and for dB reduction.

We're happy to officially announce our 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler for the 997.1 and 997.2 GT3/RS is available. We've made it in 2 versions "Black" (louder than OEM) and "Orange" (quieter than OEM). We're putting together 50 pcs in total for the first batch, 20 or so have been pre sold. We expect delivery to begin by early November (all parts are in production now).

"Black" (Loud) 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler
  • 321 Stainless Steel with reinforcing gussets and stitch plates for a lifetime of track use.
  • Larger Diameter tubing than OEM supporting higher HP build.
  • Sound Levels equivalent to a center delete without power loss (banks have a long merge)
  • No drone when used with valved side muffler deletes
  • 4” Slashed Black Tips with mounting adjustment (in case you don’t get the muffler exactly centered)
  • Turnaway Tips available, easy swap with 3 bolts.

"Orange" (Quiet) 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler
  • 321 Stainless Steel with reinforcing gussets and stitch plates for a lifetime of track use.
  • Sound reducing design, allowed 997.1 with side deletes and 997.2 with stock side mufflers to pass sound at Laguna without an GPS flap devices*
  • No loss in HP/TQ.
  • Our testing shows 10-12dB reduction over the OEM muffler*
  • No drone when used with valved side muffler deletes
  • 4” Slashed Black Tips with mounting adjustment (in case you don’t get the muffler exactly centered)
  • Turnaway Tips available, easy swap with 3 bolts.
*dB reduction is our measurement not an absolute measurement, the Orange mufflers have been tested independently by 3 991 GT3's and 2 997 GT3's with various configurations of exhaust. All have passed at Laguna. This isn't a guarantee that others will pass.

Regular Price is $3495.00, Intro Pricing is $3250!
Go to our website
www.dundonmotorsports.com/porsche/gt3-lifetime-center-muffler
and use code intro_muffler at checkout for the intro pricing.

Any Dundon Header customers contact me...

4" Slashed Tips on 991 GT3 (tips will be 1/2" longer on production units, and Muffler will sit a little higher in the car). Hardware provided will be Black as well.

4" Slashed Tips and Tip Plate (turnaways bolt to the tip plate as well)

4" Slashed Tips and Tip Plate (turnaways bolt to the tip plate as well)

Reinforcing Stitch Plate

Under Skirt Shot (Tubing will be flush with the Tip plate on production versions)

Tip Plate (Tubing will be flush with Tip Plate on production versions)

Reinforcing Gussets

Reinforcing Gussets

Orange (Quiet) on the dyno with Dundon Race Headers
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 09-24-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Maverick11
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks like a solid piece of work guys. Considering this for my .1 GT3 which is currently running a center delete. Have always wanted to get rid of the side mufflers (weight / tire heat) but haven’t done it because it’s way too loud and my car sees a fair amount of street use.

Any rough guess on sound level vs. center delete with the orange + side muffler delete pipes and stock header? Sounds like that set up made it through Laguna ok for at least one car. Just curious if it’s louder or quieter vs. center delete in your estimation. How would the black compare in the same scenario?

Last question, do you recommend a specific side muffler delete setup that works well with this?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:35 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maverick11
Looks like a solid piece of work guys. Considering this for my .1 GT3 which is currently running a center delete. Have always wanted to get rid of the side mufflers (weight / tire heat) but haven’t done it because it’s way too loud and my car sees a fair amount of street use.

Any rough guess on sound level vs. center delete with the orange + side muffler delete pipes and stock header? Sounds like that set up made it through Laguna ok for at least one car. Just curious if it’s louder or quieter vs. center delete in your estimation. How would the black compare in the same scenario?

Last question, do you recommend a specific side muffler delete setup that works well with this?
With the valves open (under load) the side deletes and Orange muffler will be quieter for sure than a center delete. The side mufflers don't do very much when the valves are opened.

At idle and low RPM the side deletes and orange center muffler will be great, no drone and silent cruising...

Let me see if I can get some stock header side deletes ready by the time the mufflers are ready! If not I think there are a few valved side deletes out there that will work.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:49 PM
shogun974
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks well designed and "strong". According to what we can see on your pics, you use a multi-chambers as noise reduction strategy.
Only black tips will be available?

Last edited by shogun974; 09-28-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shogun974
It looks well designed and "strong". According to what we can see on your pics, you use a multi-chambers as noise reduction strategy.
Only black tips will be available?
The Multi chambers do a little of the muffling, the tubing, and wrapping is really what's doing it on the quiet mufflers. We will offer only black at first. If you have a custom request get a hold of us we may be able to accommodate...
Old 09-29-2017, 12:28 PM
shogun974
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
The Multi chambers do a little of the muffling, the tubing, and wrapping is really what's doing it on the quiet mufflers. We will offer only black at first. If you have a custom request get a hold of us we may be able to accommodate...
Yes I do. Email send
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

My buddy who owed me some $$$ paid for my order. Can't wait to get the exhaust...any ETA on when it'll be shipped out?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My buddy who owed me some $$$ paid for my order. Can't wait to get the exhaust...any ETA on when it'll be shipped out?
All the guts are here this week, we're waiting on the shells to finish at the bender. Original plan was to have most of the preorders done by the beginning of November!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM
shogun974
Intermediate

All the guts are here this week, we're waiting on the shells to finish at the bender. Original plan was to have most of the preorders done by the beginning of November!
Is there any news about muffler project?
Old 11-04-2017, 10:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Getting anxious to get the muffler...I'll be out of town on the 16th through the 27th so please don't ship it to be delivered to those dates.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:27 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shogun974
Is there any news about muffler project?
Hi Shogun! The muffler shells are in process, had to move shells suppliers, they're working to finish them up this week and we hope to have them next week.

Jamie
Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 AM
shogun974
Intermediate

Hi Shogun! The muffler shells are in process, had to move shells suppliers, they're working to finish them up this week and we hope to have them next week.

Jamie

Old 11-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The completed shells arrived and they look great! Production is starting this week!

Dundon Lifetime 321SS GT3 Muffler Shells
Old 11-27-2017, 02:35 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Awaiting Orange muffler being made

My wife eagerly awaits the mufflers being finished so she can ride in my car again.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:42 PM
shogun974
Intermediate

I have a rally opening on 10th december and was expecting to get my black muffler for this event.

Quick Reply: Dundon 321SS Lifetime 997.1/997.2 GT3 RS Center Muffler Intro Buy Is Open