Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Turned out perfect. Love the cgt
Old 11-19-2017, 01:03 AM
Henley1
Pro

Originally Posted by mooty
^ hahha
concur with josh. i love CGT seasts. but it is very upright and skinny. over 34" wasit line is not comfy in it
.. No worries. 32" waist and cut like a diamond
Old 11-20-2017, 12:52 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

FYI there are two sizes of CGT bucket seats. I-codes 386 & 387 are size XT which fits larger folks quite comfortably.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
FYI there are two sizes of CGT bucket seats. I-codes 386 & 387 are size XT which fits larger folks quite comfortably.

Thx for sharing - i wasn't aware of this. Where is the code displayed?
Old 11-21-2017, 05:56 AM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not know this either. And it explains a lot. I don't consider myself particularly large in any direction (6'0", 200# give or take), but I graduated from 34s to 36s a couple of years ago. Getting into a CGT seat was akin to slipping into ski boots for the first time after a long summer. I was afraid that parts of my anatomy were going to go to sleep - and I really don't want to experience that sensation in those parts. Yet I have friends who are wider than I am and are happy with their CGT seats.

I will concur with posts above regarding the 996 GT3 elephant ears - they are the most comfortable / most supportive Porsche seats as far as I am concerned. But they will likely make way for GT2 folding buckets for practicality / looks reasons...
Old 11-21-2017, 11:46 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Part number at the bottom of the carbon bucket. The fourth set of double digits (ignore the last 3 characters here being the color code). .00/.01/.02 are the regular sized items; .03 is the larger size XT.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:00 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
right on. u must be tall skinny?
i fit profi spa perfectly but my cycling thighs cant get in, like they just cant fit, everywhere else, the seat is too loose
I'm 175lbs, 5'10, 33" waist, broad shoulders. You don't sit in the Spas, you wear them. That's what I tell people. Initially I thought the fit was too tight but for me it's a fabulous seat. It's sort of like installing a stiff clutch, initially it feels overwhelming but in 3 minutes it feels perfect.

Here is a comparo of the 3 seats I had: Spa, OEM 6GT3, OEM CGT-standard size
You can see how much wider the CGTs are on the waist, yet supper skinny in the shoulder area. I was swimming in those and the shoulder is so narrow that your shoulders are outside the seat and as a result the seat provides no real lateral support there. Due to the narrower waist and wider shoulder area, I found the 6GT3 seats better than the CGTs in both respects. The Spas really wrap and grip your shoulders with the rubber dotted pads there. If you compare the CGTs with a stock sofa seat they are great, compared to a race seat, not so much. Most people don't realize this unless they compare with other buckets back to back. Again, seats are highly subjective depending on your body shape and goals. Sort of like getting that perfect pair of jeans.. Try before you buy and be skeptical of internet recommendations. That's what I always tell people. Just my $0.02.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Henley1
Pro

Stumbled on a set of perlons. Might try them out .

Last edited by Henley1; 05-14-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Default Adjusting the lean of the CGT seats

i bought CGT perlons thanks to mootie’s heads up in 2010 but I could not stand the hight of sitting and the upright seat position( I am 6.2”). When wearing a helmet, it forced my head to tilt forward too much and either with or without helmet, it cut the tachometer in half in my field of vision. I went ahead and had the mounting brackets machined and now the position is perfect, much lower and properly tilted back. By the way, I have a 33” waist, athletic build and the seat fits perfectly except I would like more lumbar support. I can comfortably see the instruments with a cup steering wheel, I sit that low now.
Here is a link from my CGT post in 2010:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ml#post8108206 #16

If anybody has a sugestion for adjustable lumbar support, I’d love to hear about it.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:44 AM
code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
If anybody has a sugestion for adjustable lumbar support, I’d love to hear about it.
Have you tried moving the lumbar support pad behind the seat back padding? When I first got my CGTs I found that the lumbar support was too low for me, so I removed the seat padding and moved the lumbar support behind it up a bit, it now supports the small of my back perfectly. It's really easy to adjust as everything is just attached with velcro.

If that doesn't work for you, maybe you could replace the lumbar pad with something larger, different shape, etc.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:54 AM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Thanks for the info, could you possibly send a photo of the lumbar support pad you are talking about? I don‘t have additional lumbar support pads on my seats just the regular pad section attached to the seat via Velcro in the lower back area.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 AM
code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Thanks for the info, could you possibly send a photo of the lumbar support pad you are talking about? I don‘t have additional lumbar support pads on my seats just the regular pad section attached to the seat via Velcro in the lower back area.
I don't have a photo to hand, but I'll try and take one tomorrow for you. I should mention that I have the leather & alcantara seats, perhaps the perlon version didn't come with the lumbar pad for some reason?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:48 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

FYI you can buy lumbar support pads from any race shop. Usually made by recaro or sparco.
They come unbranded too:
for example.
https://www.ebsracing.com/product/lu...0aAjJCEALw_wcB
Old 05-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Gptoyz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, I have a Recaro Carbon Fiber Pro Racer Hans for sale

The shape is similar to an SPA/SPG so you need to be fit or in shape to be comfortable in it; if you have a corvette body don't bother.
It's a full retention seat in that you won't have your neck snapped by a sideways impact

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...cing-seat.html
Old 05-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Originally Posted by nwGTS
FYI you can buy lumbar support pads from any race shop. Usually made by recaro or sparco.
They come unbranded too:
for example.
https://www.ebsracing.com/product/lu...0aAjJCEALw_wcB
Thanks for the info, I will check into it!

Quick Reply: Seat school......