Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   WTB need advice. Side muffler setup 997 gt3 (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/1000610-wtb-need-advice-side-muffler-setup-997-gt3.html)

997gt3cobalt 07-20-2017 03:27 PM

WTB need advice. Side muffler setup 997 gt3

Hello all,

I am currently running a full stock exhaust system on my GT3.

I'm looking at changing into a sharkwerks rear section and a side muffler bypass/delete like the BBi or RS1 setup.

Has anyone run a similar setup ? What is the feedback? Do you love it or do you love it ? :)

From what I have read the side deletes help with warming up the rear tires and can help with about 30Lbs of weight reduction.

I dont really daily drive the car so I'm not too worried about drone or it being too loud. Honestly I want the car to sound as savage, and as cup car as possible.

I already got a sharkwerks rear section. I am looking for a side muffler Setup. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Thank you for the feedback and help.

rnh204 07-20-2017 03:39 PM

I've had the following set ups with GMG headers:

1) BBi side delete
2) Side mufflers with GMG center bypass
3) Europipe track pipe

Never had the OEM on my car. The most savage is the europipe and that's my current set up, I cannot goto any sound metered tracks anymore - I have no chance of passing. next level below that is the side deletes and then the OEM side mufflers with the GMG center bypass.

If you want the loudest most brutal, get a track pipe, from europipe or sharkwerks.

ngng 07-20-2017 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by rnh204 (Post 14337430)
I've had the following set ups with GMG headers:

1) BBi side delete
2) Side mufflers with GMG center bypass
3) Europipe track pipe

Never had the OEM on my car. The most savage is the europipe and that's my current set up, I cannot goto any sound metered tracks anymore - I have no chance of passing. next level below that is the side deletes and then the OEM side mufflers with the GMG center bypass.

If you want the loudest most brutal, get a track pipe, from europipe or sharkwerks.

the irony being, you put a track pipe on...you can't track your car

TheSilverFox 07-20-2017 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ngng (Post 14337914)
the irony being, you put a track pipe on...you can't track your car

Ha ha classic

jaundice 07-21-2017 01:42 AM

I had the GMG center bypass with cup headers and liked it, but wanted to try the side delete. Bought a set of cup side deletes and tried with my GMG bypass but it was too loud for daily driving. I used side deletes, cup headers and stock center muffler for awhile, but even that is too much. I'm going back to cup headers, stock sides and a FVD center bypass. My cup side delete pipes will be for sale.

ngng 07-21-2017 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheSilverFox (Post 14338122)
Ha ha classic

I would say "California problems" but it appears this sound limit disease is spreading across the US.

Larry Cable 07-21-2017 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ngng (Post 14340416)
I would say "California problems" but it appears this sound limit disease is spreading across the US.

+1

RobT 394 07-21-2017 10:10 PM

My experience is the side deletes with a muffler (stock, B&B, others) is by far the best street set up. Not the best for track as the center muffler cracks too frequently and they are not cheap. The sharkwerks race exhaust with side deletes is great for the track but too loud for me on the street. Plus you get some drone. If a track car, this is not an issue. If you keep sides then go with the bypass.

Jimmy-D 08-09-2017 05:18 PM

Really starting to like the tips.

Do you know how many millimeters each tube would be if there were actually closed. Trying to get a feel for their size. Is it 90 or lower 80s??