Sponsored by:

997 Carrera GTS attacks New York Safety Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:08 AM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

--

Last edited by 1990nein; 11-01-2020 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:32 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

I kind of like the 2 finger approach, but that approach is certainly better on the fingers just in case you spin or wreck. I keep waiting for these guys to realize that a steering wheel spinner **** is totally the way to go.

Lets get one made in CF......
Old 07-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S

Lets get one made in CF......
Yeah, lightweight for the race car fer sure!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:39 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
Agreed. I don’t even get close to 30% on this track, the car is not fast enough to set an absolute record so I just mess around. Passenger in the car is the NYST groundskeeper so I was taking extra care to keep him safe, as he spends his weeks keeping the track safe for us so we can come play on the weekends.

Remember Lesson #1? The line happening behind us? That's the first lesson in Mental Telemetry. You can ONLY learn this from me - don't bother googling it - even "pro" coaches either can't or won't teach this, because once you learn this, you will never need a coach again. I’ve already provided the foundation. Quit regurgitating that beginner for-the-masses junk, this is next level ****
Do you have any videos where you're more than 30% so we can learn more?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I've never seen 10 / 10ths in my car and my car has never seen it even with a certain pro factory driver laying down some flyers in it, well because it's not his and he's not wanting to ball it up.

of course in my head I'm always 10/10ths and thats what matters right?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:08 PM
DC911S
Drifting

I took a hot lap in a CTSV race car driven by Andy Pilgrim at Summit Point main. He was at 90 percent in a full tub race car, his hands did not flit around the wheel and spin around. Guess he was doing it all wrong. Yeaaaaa
Old 07-25-2017, 12:16 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
My brain never leaves the track, it just waits for my body to come back!

Good to hear from you...and nice car! When the 997 GTS came out it was relatively competitive – now camaros can spank it. The 991.2 GTS is the car to get!

Agreed!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWqoL5mBvDq/

Uh…anybody can drive slow? You drive like grandma, I feel asleep in 3 seconds.

Let's play Horse! I challenge you to slide FULL throttle, THROW the steering wheel into full lock, and then USE the snap to straighten the inertia with ZERO overcorrection. Do all of this while staying on line. I won’t even ask you to put some shift buttons on your steering wheel, or cut open one of your fingers. Hell, I’ll even let you do it in a parking lot with no trees. If you can't produce a video replicating car control, you have NO right to say anything about car control. Should I just give you the H now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQXJa6GNGk

Remember Lesson #1? The line happening behind us? That's the first lesson in Mental Telemetry. You can ONLY learn this from me - don't bother googling it - even "pro" coaches either can't or won't teach this, because once you learn this, you will never need a coach again. I’ve already provided the foundation. Quit regurgitating that beginner for-the-masses junk, this is next level ****
you're like watching a train wreck about to happen.. I'll just sit back enjoy the popcorn.
Sorry I'm not off line and all over the road, yet I'm producing consistent lap times while driving at the cars limit.

I'll await for the post when you total your car with your reckless driving. It will happen and it is only a matter of time.

Show me one video where you are smooth on the line consistent and fast!?!?how about that?

Btw little hint, I'm faster than you and safer to everyone else on the track . Because I'm not all over the place.

Than again youre senna , yup we got it lol .
Old 07-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by snake eyes
you're like watching a train wreck about to happen.. I'll just sit back enjoy the popcorn.
Sorry I'm not off line and all over the road, yet I'm producing consistent lap times while driving at the cars limit.

I'll await for the post when you total your car with your reckless driving. It will happen and it is only a matter of time.

Show me one video where you are smooth on the line consistent and fast!?!?how about that?

Btw little hint, I'm faster than you and safer to everyone else on the track . Because I'm not all over the place.

Than again youre senna , yup we got it lol .
While I think pkf's driving is dog****, you aren't exactly the shining of example of proper track driving either. While you are safe, you turn in so late most of the time that your track out is several feet away from the edge of the track. You may think this is the car's limit, but its 100% not even close.

sorry.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

OP's posting looks really, really sloppy all-round.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
OP's posting looks really, really sloppy all-round.
His driving IS really sloppy. The bigger issue here is he some how things he's on the same level of Senna, Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton when it comes to driving abilities. And the more you try to talk to him... the more delusional he gets...
Old 07-25-2017, 11:28 AM
DC911S
Drifting

The bigger issue here is he some how things he's on the same level of Senna, Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton when it comes to driving abilities.
If you ever got to see or will see pro drivers in an actual race or even practice in person....or get a ride with one....you get to see how much better they really are, and how you will never be that good.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

There is a personality type that believes that even though what they are doing has been explored and tested many times by experts, yet dismissed as not the best way to do the activity, the individual has invented a new way. They believe that they are doing it with slight differences, and that's why it works for them, where all before them failed.
In aviation, where our environment is extremely error intolerant, we call people with this personality "dead."
Old 07-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
If you ever got to see or will see pro drivers in an actual race or even practice in person....or get a ride with one....you get to see how much better they really are, and how you will never be that good.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:24 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Crester - thanks for the video post of Michael - it says it all and defines why he was such a great driver.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 58 Posts

Crester - I agree as well. Great to see that clip about Shumi, and it just goes to show how important those excessive steering inputs can be. That's next level ****.

Quick Reply: 997 Carrera GTS attacks New York Safety Track