Sponsored by:

Smile vent template

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:19 AM
jeffm
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Smile vent template

Looking at ordering the GT3 smile vent to add to my TT bumper. Obviously, I want to make this easy and error free as possible so will want to use the template. Is anyone in the forum sharing this template (willing to pay for shipping) or should I just spend the extra $75?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2017, 09:47 AM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Do you already have the smile? I have the smile I bought new from ECS and the template I bought from someone here that I was going to install on my track Boxster, but the smile doesn't fit between the headlights unless I cut the ends off. The template was used to install on a 996 with the 2nd gen headlights so it fit, but I think a tab on the template that hooks over the bumper has been bent flat, but I don't have a "new" one to compare with and I haven't watched the video in a while. You are welcome to borrow it, and if you need the smile I have a brand new one. Send me a PM if you want to borrow the template and/or buy the smile.

Steve

PS Where in Atlanta are you? I am going to Road Atlanta this Friday the 16th for a track day with JZilla, if you are nearby you could come pick it up.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:27 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

I wouldn't do it without the template. I have one that I used once, if you are looking to purchase one, but if you don't buy mine, buy or borrow someones, cause its a huge risk otherwise.

Quick Reply: Smile vent template