Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Audio Input? What's this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Aftermarket Audio Input? What's this?

I know what I don't know. Audio/video in cars is NOT my strength. I'm sure this is aftermarket. I plugged my phone in and it synced with the head unit. I can make calls and on the receiver's end they say is pretty clear. My end sounds crummy.

Is there anything I'm missing? Anyone know this system? There is also an iPhone attachment, not sure what model as I'm not iPhone.

Here's what it looks like. Light blinks blue when the phone is attached.

Old 06-03-2017, 03:15 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

That's a Dension Gateway 500

http://www.dension.com/automotive/pr...ns/gateway-500
Old 06-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Originally Posted by wc11
THANKS! Another gadget to try and figure out....So not my skill set LOL! My guess is this is far more iPhone friendly...
Old 06-03-2017, 05:33 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My car also came with a Denison Gateway. I'm not sure where on mine the plug thing is on your photo. Not in the glove box though. Mine is bluetooth, and after a little while messing with it through PCM (CD Changer source button) the other day, I was able to connect via BT to my android phone. Hands free calling as well as BT streaming of music or whatever to the car's system. My phonebook uploaded to it fine (and automatically) and seems to work pretty well. The microphone for mine is cleverly hidden on the side of the steering column.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,762 Likes on 4,303 Posts

There's a good video on YouTube of how the system works and how to change inputs between the USB, Bluetooth streaming, etc. It pretty much makes each one look like a CD in a multi disc changer. I installed mine a few years ago, am an android user, and it works great. You may be able to improve the call sound quality (how you sound to others) by trying different microphone setting #s, but that's a bit of a tedious process.

Here is all the documentation I have. (the GW..... file is a patch for the BT module).
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: bin
GW_CFG.BIN (30 Bytes, 11 views)
File Type: zip
volumepatch.zip (3.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Thanks everyone. I'm a total fail with car stereo stuff. I'm going to mess with it later today. I'm hoping it's the bluetooth version as the input jack are too close to the front of the glove box. When I run the RCA cable input, it won't close well. I'd also not like to keep my phone in a closed glove box as well.

It seems like a interesting idea. Sad part is after wc11 told me what it was I instantly went to YouTube. When I watched 2 different installers messing up videos on how to work it, I just let it go....lol!

If I have time later today I might give it a try. Have T shirt orders to fill...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Audio Input? What's this?