Allied Auto Transport - Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 04:53 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

goddamn , this is genius (+ a must).

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
One key is for the person shipping the car to video the driver, and the whole car at pick up. We even interview the driver on film, ask his name, and etc. Then we do the same with the whole car, and the dispatch sheet. At that time the driver knows he is screwed, and that the person at the destination will have all this as ammo against him. This makes them do their best, generally, as they know it can;t be argued with
Old 05-22-2017, 01:22 PM
iaincamp
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone who replied and all the good advice. Next time I'll do more research. In fact, my brother, who worked for a Porsche Dealer (albeit years ago) gave me a name that I had used previously with no problems, but it seems his number now rings through to Allied, and is NOT the same company. Fortunately, the seller photographed the Bill of Lading, because the "pink copy" was hard to read, and it shows the in-transit modification. I've had multiple thumbs-up for Intercity and Horseless Carriage as being trustworthy and careful.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please post up the solution. More specifically how you turned the screws on the crappy carrier.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 AM
iaincamp
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Over a week later, I have received this reply from "Bobby" at Allied:
"The transportation company refuses to pay for the damage to the door because it was not written on the bill of lading. They will also not pay for any damage due to fluids leaking on the car (which is in the terms on the bill of lading). Their insurance will not cover it. I am sickened by this and that they even would deliver a car in that condition to you. If you want to use your own insurance I will be willing to help you with your deductible. That is all I can do since I have no recourse with the driver. It is unfortunate but it is standard in this industry. If you wish to pursue this I will get you the companies progressive policy # and info.

Thank you."

Please note that the dent WAS marked on the BIL I received, and that while the seller signed the BIL, I did not. Allied is acting as though they didn't have a contract with me.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Just like any industry, if you break the process into enough insulated silos, no single person or department needs to claim ownership of a problem.

I am no attorney, but isn't it pretty well settled in case law that the company you contract with to do a job is responsible to honor the terms of the deal, no matter how badly the subs they contract with screw things up? I know it's not as simple as that in real life but in actual fact, Allied selected the sub-contractors it uses, and therefore, they are responsible.

At any rate, I hope you are able to get things straightened out. The dent is a problem but the diesel is just a smelly inconvenience. Good luck!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:22 PM
dannysf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your troubles...Definitely sucks to pay so much money for a car and have to deal with nonsense like this. This industry i so shady. I had my car drag raced by the truck driver and had a driver go through our belongings in the vehicle once. This industry needs an Uber style industry disruption in the worst way. There's no accountability because it's unclear who we're even dealing with, due to all the sub contracting and no way for the consumer to affect the reputation of the actual drivers..

Hope all ends well.

Quick Reply: Allied Auto Transport - Beware!