Sponsored by:

What you use to keep it shiny 06 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
This picture is taken with my phone so it's not exactly the best, I get compliments on my paint all the time so I know I'm using/doing something right. I use Zaino as well but I prefer Klasse.
Gotcha. If it looks like wet paint in person than yah Klasse is also very good.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:34 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 160 Posts

I keep my paint protected with dirt and road salt. A good rain often washes it away, but it does not take long to get protected again. Same with the wheels. A thick coating of brake dust protects them from any scratches.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:54 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
I keep my paint protected with dirt and road salt. A good rain often washes it away, but it does not take long to get protected again. Same with the wheels. A thick coating of brake dust protects them from any scratches.
What?, no unicorn semen?
Old 05-06-2017, 04:46 PM
LeNoah
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

My detailer swears by CarPro Reload. Easy application, looks great.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

There are lots of very good products out there and as others have mentioned, find something you like and use it regularly.

I've been detailing since the 80's when I was just a kid and grew up outside of Utica so I was exposed to Collinite before it became popular. Their insulator wax is excellent for daily drivers.

I have also used Zaino, Meguiars, Zymol, Pinnacle and many others but honestly the wax is really not the key to keeping paint looking good. The key is the cleaning process. For the Porsche which doesn't see daily use I use a quick detail spray and a very high quality Microfiber towel instead of washing. I think the Microfiber is the critical piece of the puzzle to keep the paint swirl free. A good quality detail spray also helps to increase surface lubrication when removing dust/dirt off the surface. I personally like Pinnacle Crystal Mist for this. Here's a shot of my Spyder which is now 6.5 years old and has only been washed with water three times. I have 15k miles and it's seen rain a few times now. I have polished it once about 3.5 years ago.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: What you use to keep it shiny 06 997