Sponsored by:

2009 cs4 coupe with 50k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:07 PM
Gypsy8
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 cs4 coupe with 50k miles

I found another candidate for my first p car. The guy wants $49k, original price was $110k and will throw in original carrera s 19 rims and car is shod with 20 HRE rims.

Checks all the boxes with options.

I got copies of service records and I was wondering if Porsche dealers like to recommend service and replacement parts prematurely. According to records this car needed new pads, rotors, sensors two years ago. Also recommended replacing pdk transmission control sensor. Owner chose not to replace and said he drives it now and it's fine.

Sound right? How much should I hold back to fix this stuff! Do I need to if it is not throwing a code!

Thanks for input.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 160 Posts

Pad indicators will light up when they get too thin. Total brake job from dealer is 2.5K or so, Indy maybe 2K for all new rotors, pads, bolts, and other small bits.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Gypsy8
Track Day

Thanks

The other item is called a PDK transmission control unit?! According to notes from dealership.....recommended....not required. Had a cv boot replaced...required at one point from same dealership.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:15 PM
starvational
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gypsy8
Thanks

The other item is called a PDK transmission control unit?! According to notes from dealership.....recommended....not required. Had a cv boot replaced...required at one point from same dealership.
You could try calling the dealer to ask for more information and/or wait and see what the PPI (assuming you're getting one prior to purchase) says about it.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:47 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

Thanks

I wouldn't gamble with anything PDK related unless the car is under some kind of extended warranty that covers PDK replacement. With a few exceptions, most everything that goes wrong with the PDK requires replacement which for my -09 C4S ran $14,000.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:36 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

I found another candidate for my first p car. The guy wants $49k, original price was $110k and will throw in original carrera s 19 rims and car is shod with 20 HRE rims.

Checks all the boxes with options.

I got copies of service records and I was wondering if Porsche dealers like to recommend service and replacement parts prematurely. According to records this car needed new pads, rotors, sensors two years ago. Also recommended replacing pdk transmission control sensor. Owner chose not to replace and said he drives it now and it's fine.

Sound right? How much should I hold back to fix this stuff! Do I need to if it is not throwing a code!

Thanks for input.
I'm not up to pricing, but it seems fair.

Brakes are not trivial. I'm not going to tell you to DIY, but I'll tell you to shop around. There's no need to go to a "Porsche" indie shop for new brakes. You should be able to get a shop to do a full brake job, rotors, bolts, sensor, street pads for around a grand, $1500 tops, using top quality aftermarket parts.

Regarding, the PDK control unit, do you know why they mentioned this? It seems like this would either work or not work. Without it, the tranny won't work properly. Anyway a quick google search shows recyclers selling them for $300. Perhaps the owner complained about the tranny getting an error or they saw a fault code? From my own PDK experience, I've had to "reboot" by shutting the car down and starting it back up 2 or 3 times over the last several years for no good reason. Sort of like my computer....
Old 03-27-2017, 05:13 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 160 Posts

You should be able to get a shop to do a full brake job, rotors, bolts, sensor, street pads for around a grand, $1500 tops, using top quality aftermarket parts.
I would like to see a receipt for all of that plus labor, fluid and flush, and tax for 1500 dollars.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:55 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

2-3 hours of labour? 15oo is going to cut it close.
Not 2500, between 15oo and 2ooo would be fair.
I agree with DC.
Suncoast 1344 usd and my toronto parts guy 1311 cdn plus tax.
Attached Images   
Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Gypsy8
Track Day

Brakes don't scare me, but the pdk unknown sure does. I might need to look further into that one. Are Porsche dealerships known for recommending turn signal fluid or just fixing everything even if minor?

Thanks for input everyone.

Quick Reply: 2009 cs4 coupe with 50k miles