Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS to take a nap

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:31 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

In place of std StaBil I suggest StaBil 360 (Ethanol Protection). Put 4oz on a fairly empty tank when filling up. I would even suggest using a good part of that final tank (by driving) and storing the car with 1/3 of a tank or so; StaBil 360's vapors continue to protect a partially filled tank. This way when the car is driven later, it can be filled with fresh gas immediately.

Storage recs:

* Tires at 50PSI

* Battery on a good maintainer. Make sure there are no accessories plugged in the car.

* Add Stabil 360 (ethanol treatment) if 3 months (or Stabil if 6 months) when last filling

* Make sure you have proper mice control in your garage

* Do NOT start the car periodically unless you plan to drive for at least 10 miles.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Good advice above.

I did about several 6 month tours away from my 997 during ownership with no issues, all I would do was keep it garaged, on a Porsche battery maintainer and covered. The car would start right up and drive with no issues every time I returned.

Wish you a speedy recovery!
Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

Update if anyone's interested. Two weeks before the surgery noted above, 7 of us (4 cars) went on a road trip to Death Valley, a last hurrah for me. On the way back, got caught in a NV sandstorm, sustained 50 mph wind. Long story short, the car went into the shop the week before the surgery for a repaint and new windshield. The shop's happy to have the 2 months to get the job done.

Further, the car may sit even longer. Had the surgery, recovering nicely at home for a week, then had pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). Rushed to the hospital for treatment, serious (not critical) condition, clearing of a clot near the right ventricle, placing a filter in the vena cava, and blood thinners. Home after 3 days, complete bedrest for 2 weeks, and, depending on condition of existing clots in legs, gradual increase in activity. Projected 6-12 months to full recovery. May be on blood thinners only for period of recovery, or the rest of my life.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:02 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Update if anyone's interested. Two weeks before the surgery noted above, 7 of us (4 cars) went on a road trip to Death Valley, a last hurrah for me. On the way back, got caught in a NV sandstorm, sustained 50 mph wind. Long story short, the car went into the shop the week before the surgery for a repaint and new windshield. The shop's happy to have the 2 months to get the job done.

Further, the car may sit even longer. Had the surgery, recovering nicely at home for a week, then had pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). Rushed to the hospital for treatment, serious (not critical) condition, clearing of a clot near the right ventricle, placing a filter in the vena cava, and blood thinners. Home after 3 days, complete bedrest for 2 weeks, and, depending on condition of existing clots in legs, gradual increase in activity. Projected 6-12 months to full recovery. May be on blood thinners only for period of recovery, or the rest of my life.
Wow Joe, quite a ride. get well soon, it was great driving with you last summer hope to do it again this summer....
Old 04-23-2017, 02:24 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,152 Likes on 731 Posts

Death Valley was simply a hurrah ... nothing last about it. We'll be back with you soon. In the meantime, take it easy ... Canepa in six weeks ... I'll drive ... Pam's car if April wants to come to supervise.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:57 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yowzir, I misspoke. Be back on the road ASAP with fresh skin on the car.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:59 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow. Simply from another Rennlister - get well soon!!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Delete
Old 04-23-2017, 07:11 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

All the best to getting well soon.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Florida 4S
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting ready to put the 4S to sleep for 4 months. Tires to 50, fuel stab., new oil & filter, wash, wax and cover car.

???Disconnect the battery???
(No power for a Battery Tender )

Thanks, Steve
Old 06-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So sorry to hear about your health issues. My mom had a massive DVT in her leg, last year, which could've easily become PEs as well. Good to hear your clots were managed well. Just curious, what thinners will you be on? We are having to deal with my mom now having to be on thinners, for life. She's been on Xarelto for a while now. It seems less restrictive, in terms of diet, etc., compared to the older meds. And most importantly, our blood doc said there is a new antidote for Xarelto, on the horizon. Hoping your docs have given you more current info on this. Anyway, rest up, and get back on the road soon.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:37 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey Joe, just seeing this series of threads. I hope you're doing better and on the mend. Your P-car misses you!
Old 06-10-2017, 06:25 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Both I and the car are well on the mend. The car has been painted and reassembled, and with the help of Wayne will be picked up on Tuesday. It'll sit in the garage for awhile. Hopefully, I'll be driving again by mid - July. I have an appointment at the end of July to have the front clip wrapped.

The bod is doing ok. Last Monday, after two months in a cast, moved into a walking boot. Two weeks of light weight-bearing walking with crutches (still), then four weeks of increasing weight-bearing and increasing length of walks (no crutches) . July 17 is target for shoes on both feet.

Yesterday, I had an outpatient procedure to remove the IVC filter. Clots still present, but stable and much reduced. I'm on Eliquis for another four months. Unlikely to need to stay on the blood thinner any longer as my condition was provoked by the surgery, and not a health issue

Thanks
Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to hear your healing and everything is better!
Old 06-14-2017, 12:04 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

GTS is now back in the garage. It'll sit for another month before I can drive. The paint job is BEAUTIFUL! Front clip gets wrapped at the end of July.

(See pic below thanks to Tony.)

Last edited by ltcjmramos; 06-14-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Removed pic

Quick Reply: GTS to take a nap