Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by jdgamble
I'm getting a vibe that you are willing to accept what they did to you. You shouldn't. Porsche customer service works wonders with the dealerships. They don't want unhappy customers. Focus on the fact that you were sold a dangerous Porsche by a Porsche dealership. It's really messed up. I am confident that you will get some sort of compensation. I did. Twice actually.
I admit that I do feel deflated by the whole ordeal. I don't thinking suing will be the option I pursue, but I will be at least asking some lawyers I know. I will definitely be calling Porsche NA as suggested here, and filing a BBB claim as well due to their false advertisement claims.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 7391420
I just read this on the texas Att. general's web site:

Warranties and Insurance
Get all promises about service and guarantees in writing in the contract and in the final copy of the buyer's guide. If you were promised something but it is not in writing, do not sign. If the seller offers a warranty, it must be in writing for it to be valid.

All used car dealers are required by federal law to tell buyers whether a used car is being sold with or without a warranty. Dealers must clearly display this information on a side window of each used car. The buyer's guide, or window form, should state either:

"AS IS" -- the vehicle does not have a warranty and the seller is under no obligation for repairs; or
"WARRANTY" -- the vehicle has a warranty, and the window form must list exactly what parts and services are covered and for how long.

-looks like Texas indeed doesn't have a minimum 30 or more day warranty. Still this is terrible treatment by Porsche, and unacceptable. The dealer made claims that the car had been serviced, but you found that it wasn't, and noted by the other dealer.

Even though they may not be legally required, Porsche should make this right.

I would call PCNA, you have the paperwork from 2 Porsche dealers within 24hrs of purchase, I would hope that they will meet you at least part way. Good luck and thanks for your service.

Thanks and great information. I'll be heeding your advice and calling.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Leave reviews on Porsche Austin

I just left a review for you hoping to get your case some attention , good luck brother - thank you for your service and enjoy your ride!!! Be safe
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Shred
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately, the few times I have visited a Porsche dealership... their so called 'checked out, inspected blablabla' used cars didn't even have the minimum amount of coolant in the tank.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
I admit that I do feel deflated by the whole ordeal. I don't thinking suing will be the option I pursue, but I will be at least asking some lawyers I know. I will definitely be calling Porsche NA as suggested here, and filing a BBB claim as well due to their false advertisement claims.
You said previously that you had email correspondence of the Dealership saying the car was sorted and all problems were fixed. This I think would sufficient for "in writing". They either lied or were completely negligent.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:25 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Texas absolutely has a lemon law.
Lemon Laws generally require a car to go in for service a certain amount of times within a 30 day window. I don't know Texas' LL but doubt it would apply to OP.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Redhot2474
I just left a review for you hoping to get your case some attention , good luck brother - thank you for your service and enjoy your ride!!! Be safe
Thank you!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
You said previously that you had email correspondence of the Dealership saying the car was sorted and all problems were fixed. This I think would sufficient for "in writing". They either lied or were completely negligent.
The service history on this car wasn't there consider it was a multi owner car at a dealership. So I just wants to ensure the car was current when I bought it, which obviously it wasn't. I tried to think the best of them, but now I do feel like they are dishonest and incompetent.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM
stairmasterman911
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

I just sent them a semi-nasty note/review for you. I'm just down the road from them so they need to know the word is out. Not cool for them to do this to one of our vets (or anyone really).
Old 03-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I just left a note telling them what I think on their public google review page.

Working with PCNA and the dealer is the best route to come to an agreement, the lawyers do not need to get involved yet, give them a chance to make it right.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Youch. I won't sugarcoat. That's 997.2 Carrera S money when you add it all. I'd be trying to get the money back by whatever available means possible..

Hopefully OP has in writing the emails from the dealer. And hopefully those emails contain a written description of the vehicle condition. If it was taken possession outside of the written description for condition.. there may be some ground to stand on
Old 03-20-2017, 12:23 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope it's clear that me and the rest of the people posting on this thread are feeling pretty damn upset about your situation. I only buy used cars (normally CPO) and the dealership salespeople I've spoken to all tell me that even if a car doesn't qualify for a CPO warranty, due to age, mileage or other reasons, they will only keep and sell cars that are in good condition, otherwise they will send them to auction where they wind up at the less reputable used car lots.

Porsche has a reputation to uphold and this kind of behavior should be very disturbing to the people at corporate. The typical Porsche buyer, new or used, is generally more successful and affluent and has higher expectations for service and treatment than someone shopping for say a Honda. I think you are being too easy on Porsche of Austin. If what happened to you happened up here in New York say to a Type-A personality hedge fund manager, that dealer would wish he never got in the car business to begin with.

I am going to write a google review and also let the 997 Enthusiasts group on Facebook know what happened to you as well. Social Media scares the **** out of companies because news can travel real fast and they cannot control it.

Buying a used Porsche from a Porsche dealer should not be a caveat emptor experience. This is utter BS.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like the types of things that you can encounter when buying a used car. Your story demonstrates the value of a a PPI and the CPO process.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by mike9186
I hope it's clear that me and the rest of the people posting on this thread are feeling pretty damn upset about your situation. I only buy used cars (normally CPO) and the dealership salespeople I've spoken to all tell me that even if a car doesn't qualify for a CPO warranty, due to age, mileage or other reasons, they will only keep and sell cars that are in good condition, otherwise they will send them to auction where they wind up at the less reputable used car lots.

Porsche has a reputation to uphold and this kind of behavior should be very disturbing to the people at corporate. The typical Porsche buyer, new or used, is generally more successful and affluent and has higher expectations for service and treatment than someone shopping for say a Honda. I think you are being too easy on Porsche of Austin. If what happened to you happened up here in New York say to a Type-A personality hedge fund manager, that dealer would wish he never got in the car business to begin with.

I am going to write a google review and also let the 997 Enthusiasts group on Facebook know what happened to you as well. Social Media scares the **** out of companies because news can travel real fast and they cannot control it.

Buying a used Porsche from a Porsche dealer should not be a caveat emptor experience. This is utter BS.
Nice - the 997 Enthusiast group on FB is highly active with over 8,000 members. One of the few car groups on social media I like.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by rickdogg82
Sounds like the types of things that you can encounter when buying a used car. Your story demonstrates the value of a a PPI and the CPO process.
Kalifornia....beautiful.

Quick Reply: Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!