Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!

Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Wondering what the dealer actually knew ? putting 8k into a used car that he may not get back.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

First of all thank you for your service. I always like hearing about soldiers and veterans getting into a Porsche. I was stationed at Fort Bragg - 4 years with the 82nd Airborne Division.

I think Porsche of Austin should split that $8,200 bill with you at the very least. Real stiff clutch is a giveaway for some serious service bills coming up - dealer had to of known that and some other major service items (which are not uncommon) I think Porsche of Austin should split that $8,200 bill with you at the very least. I'm not a lawyer but i'd be happy to help assist in anyway I can.

What do you think Rennlist?

PS - that's a damn fine looking 997S - one of the best colors too.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Five12Free
I wish, but I'm not optimistic. I literally had to leave a message for the manager that said 'at least just write me back' because I couldn't get a response from them. Communication has been horrible with them.
AWFUL - I think they need to be held accountable ASAP
Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by jdgamble
Did you contact Porsche customer service? I had a couple dealership issues and called them and the dealership became very helpful... they even paid for delinquent maintenance on a car I purchased. You should call the 800# and tell them your story. I think they should cover the cost of the falied items. They clearly sold you a car that was not roadworthy.
100% Agree

The way I look at it they put your life in danger and also put you at serious risk of being AWOL from your unit - in the military that can equal prison.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:18 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts
Smile

I too think the dealer is absolutely on the hook for some of the costs. There is also a three day "cancellation" period in Texas (I think), I know it's too late for that but one other thing to check before you buy an out-of-state car is what kind of buyers protection does the state offer.
I would keep your rating of the dealer and their reply updated with a mention of every communications you have with them. Looks like they are not going to follow though and I would let the buying public know that.
Sorry about the experience, and thank you for serving our great country. Welcome to the Porsche world. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:30 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Did you contact Porsche customer service? I had a couple dealership issues and called them and the dealership became very helpful... they even paid for delinquent maintenance on a car I purchased. You should call the 800# and tell them your story. I think they should cover the cost of the falied items. They clearly sold you a car that was not roadworthy.
I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
First of all thank you for your service. I always like hearing about soldiers and veterans getting into a Porsche. I was stationed at Fort Bragg - 4 years with the 82nd Airborne Division.

I think Porsche of Austin should split that $8,200 bill with you at the very least. Real stiff clutch is a giveaway for some serious service bills coming up - dealer had to of known that and some other major service items (which are not uncommon) I think Porsche of Austin should split that $8,200 bill with you at the very least. I'm not a lawyer but i'd be happy to help assist in anyway I can.

What do you think Rennlist?

PS - that's a damn fine looking 997S - one of the best colors too.
Thanks. I pretty much have lost all optimism that the dealer will do the right things with every day that passes. Honestly sometimes I wish they would just email me and tell me sorry can't do anything for you. I'd like to think in today's world there are decent people left in the world, but the reality is that's not necessarily true anymore.

Thanks for your service as well! Like I previously mentioned, the 911 was my dream car ever since I saw a 930 as a kid. Unfortunately my wife left the service (army as well) to attend school which meant no luxuries. She finally finished!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:37 PM
usafakid09
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I second this. Speaking from first-hand experience, this seems to work.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ocgarza
I too think the dealer is absolutely on the hook for some of the costs. There is also a three day "cancellation" period in Texas (I think), I know it's too late for that but one other thing to check before you buy an out-of-state car is what kind of buyers protection does the state offer.
I would keep your rating of the dealer and their reply updated with a mention of every communications you have with them. Looks like they are not going to follow though and I would let the buying public know that.
Sorry about the experience, and thank you for serving our great country. Welcome to the Porsche world. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
Thanks and great advice!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Wondering what the dealer actually knew ? putting 8k into a used car that he may not get back.
I really did try to think the best of the dealership too. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought well then if the sales people didn't know, the service department there surely knew. If they didn't, and couldn't diagnose a clutch that would go out in 330 miles... they're a pretty sad service department.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problems too! Ex-Fort Bragg 82nd Airborne Admin company myself... way way back. Thank you for all of your service and glad to hear you have the car all sorted out now.

Not that this is any excuse, but here's just a little FYI in case it helps anything. You bought your car during a time when that dealership is in a big flux. It was bought late last year and there have been a lot of changes going on. Right about the time you appear to have bought your car the long-time pre-owned sales manager was let go and a large number of the pre-owned sales staff and service advisors were replaced. In other words the people you bought the car from may not be there any more. To my knowledge they no longer have a dedicated pre-owned sales manager now. However, it was my observation that the new owners do seem a lot more interested in PR concerns that the prior ones so I'd try to see if you can get direct contact with the store's general manager and let him know you are "sharing" your experiences on Rennlist. You can find his info on their About Us part of the web site.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Para82
Race Car

I really did try to think the best of the dealership too. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought well then if the sales people didn't know, the service department there surely knew. If they didn't, and couldn't diagnose a clutch that would go out in 330 miles... they're a pretty sad service department.
Redacted - issue resolved.

Last edited by Para82; 03-30-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Redacted - issue resolved.

Last edited by Para82; 03-30-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I cannot believe you had these problems immediately after buying it and Porsche of Austin would not cover it completely. Don't most used cars have a 30 day warranty? This makes the dealer look so incredibly irresponsible I really think you have a strong case to bring to Porsche NA. I think you should be reimbursed completely.

Stay on them and don't stop. Call a lawyer. Call the local Austin Television news. Most have business fraud segments that have that catchy "Shame...Shame...Shame.....Shame on You" jingle.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:18 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

And some pics

Thanks for your service and beautiful car. A lot of people are scumbags and unfortunately can't be trusted, they should reimburse you, if not take them to small claims court, relatively easy to do in Texas if you can have someone file the paperwork for you, not sure if that's possible though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!