997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for first Porsche

Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM
snethss
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

8 owners is not unusual if it was recently traded among dealerships. Most of the 997's i looked at had been sold among a few dealerships at the end.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:12 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, effective last weekend I've got a beautiful 997.1S manual in the garage. I purchased it out of state from a great Rennlister and seller. I couldn't be more happy, and wonder why I didn't get one of these a long time ago. Well, I know the practical life reasons I didn't...but still. Now if it'd just stop raining here in Dallas!

I'll figure out how to post pics shortly. It's an '07, meteor grey, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono, and a few other goodies. Will be putting front brake pads and flushing fluid on it myself in the next few weeks and am currently looking at my options there...as well as potential front rotor replacement at the same time, but the rotors mic out barely worn. A bit of a ridge on edges but no cracking. I'm thinking on that and researching.

Anyway, I'm super-excited and happy with how it worked out. I go out to the garage several times a day just to look at it. Just stop raining please. I looked for several months but finally found the one for me, even though it was 1500 miles away.

Also - a huge thumbs up for Intercity. Great folks and a job well done on getting it to me in a reasonable time and in fantastic shape!
Old 06-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Raffey1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations on finally finding the one! The hunt is definitely part of the fun-- good thing, as I am forced to be on a very long hunt/wait.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:05 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Raffey1, yes the hunt was fun all in all. Had some ups and downs for sure...found a couple I thought had potential but inspections or (lack of) records said otherwise. Saw a bunch locally but for whatever reason weren't for me. I'd get excited of finding cars freshly for sale only to find out they were cabriolets and/or automatics, neither of which I wanted. Then sometimes if I'd wait too long a potentially good car would get snapped up by someone else. The whole thing was kinda like dating....you go out on a bunch of first dates, spend some money, get your hopes up beforehand, and many turn out to be flops. If you pick the wrong one, it costs you dearly down the road, per se!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 956 Posts

Keep looking. Lots and lots of really great cars out there. Be patient. No need to compromise.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:23 AM
joe_mtl
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alwayswantedone
Raffey1, yes the hunt was fun all in all. Had some ups and downs for sure...found a couple I thought had potential but inspections or (lack of) records said otherwise. Saw a bunch locally but for whatever reason weren't for me. I'd get excited of finding cars freshly for sale only to find out they were cabriolets and/or automatics, neither of which I wanted. Then sometimes if I'd wait too long a potentially good car would get snapped up by someone else. The whole thing was kinda like dating....you go out on a bunch of first dates, spend some money, get your hopes up beforehand, and many turn out to be flops. If you pick the wrong one, it costs you dearly down the road, per se!
That's pretty much where I'm at so I totally get what you're talking about.
Glad you found yours.
Congrats

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for first Porsche