Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Removal of front spoiler/bumper with aerokit.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:42 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default DIY: Removal of front spoiler/bumper with aerokit.

Folks:

I wanted to remove my front spoiler from my aerokit C2S and found a lot of contradictory information. So here is the easiest way:

1) Remove all 9 torx screws from underneath the spoiler. It will also help to remove the plastic retainers from the bottom end of the spoiler lip on both sides.
2) Remove the front fender liners on each side. 5 torx screws on each.
3) wiggle the liners out - it may take a bit of holding your tongue the right way.....
4) undo the one screw each side that goes up into the spoiler/bumper from below, behind where the fender liner was.
5) remove the side markers/indicators. With the fender liner off you can see that you put in a screwdriver from behind and push the metal tag forwards to unclip. Remove plug from indicators.
6) Remove the plastic liner around the frunk latch. It is retained with "Dual lock" Velcro type stuff. Which has probably become unstuck by now.
7) Remove main headlights.
8) now you can see the metal sliding clips that hold the top of the spoiler in. They need to slide out towards the center of the car. They WILL be difficult. Put a piece of wire in the hole and pull..
9) DO NOT REMOVE:
A) FOG LIGHTS
B) HEADLIGHT WASHING SYSTEM

10) On left hand side of car, remove plastic clip on hose of headlight washer system and unplug the 2 bits of hose.
11) on RHS of car, unplug large plug for the spoiler wiring harness.
12) Protect fenders with tape if so desired and pull spoiler out from both sides carefully (might take 2 people).

Voila!!

Last edited by floatingkiwi; 02-26-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's really not difficult. The first time took me a while, but now that I know how to do it, it takes maybe 15 minutes to take the whole front bumper off. I just took mine off last week to clean the radiators again. (Btw, the Rennline grilles really keep things much, much cleaner, but small debris still collects in front of the radiators.) The front lip is easily accessible once the bumper is off. The only somewhat difficult-to-learn part of the process is pulling the locking clip on either side. I made a small hooked tool from a wire hanger.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
It's really not difficult. The first time took me a while, but now that I know how to do it, it takes maybe 15 minutes to take the whole front bumper off. I just took mine off last week to clean the radiators again. (Btw, the Rennline grilles really keep things much, much cleaner, but small debris still collects in front of the radiators.) The front lip is easily accessible once the bumper is off. The only somewhat difficult-to-learn part of the process is pulling the locking clip on either side. I made a small hooked tool from a wire hanger.
I agree, I had to removed my front bumper b/c I couldn't take out the fog lights, I bent the OEM card and 3 other credit cards trying to remove the fogs. Got frustrated and removed the front bumper to finally get the fogs replaced with LED's ones. Once you get under the car, it becomes very obvious which screws needs to be removed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: Removal of front spoiler/bumper with aerokit.