Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody try this 200 cell X pipe on their 997.1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 06:27 PM
riggzee2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B 200Cell Cats

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
I've been keeping an eye on 997.1 200 cell cat pipes too. The best price I saw (before these Phoenix ones) were the Billy Boat Exhaust pipes, and those are not X-pipe design. Next in line after that are the SpeedTech pipes, and Maxspeed Motorsports.

I'm fairly certain there is Porsche tax on all of these exhaust parts, regardless of the vendor, but the Phoenix price is the most palatable, cheaper than Billy Boat by about US$300. Most other vendors want US$1,200-1,500. I'm in the market for pipes in the next while, and I will consider these Phoenix ones.

I'm not hugely bothered between x-pipe or mere pipes, but my goal is for a bit more exhaust volume without sacrificing torque (and if the cats are completely removed, there are threads discussing tangible loss of lower RPM torque). I think US$1,500 for relatively simple catted or non-catted pipes is too much, regardless of the name on them. I know many may beg to differ, including the manufacturers of course. But the designs are basically all the same, and in the end they are 'just' pipes, right? Some will speak about relatively low production volume and therefore increased cost, but for roughty US$1,000, I can get a complete cat back exhaust for my 07 Saab 9-3 Aero (2.8L V6 turbo) and the Saab aftermarket isn't massive either.
Current: 05 997.1 C2S
I got a smokin' deal for B & B 200Cell Cats (and they installed them) about 15hp and sound Saweet!

Quick Reply: Anybody try this 200 cell X pipe on their 997.1?