Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Hello to everyone.

We are proud to announce Climarepair REVOLUTION

Available at: http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-r...ir-revolution/

Now taking preorders. Release date: Jan 15th 2019

Plenty of stock available (hundreds).

These are exactly like the OEM´s Porsche introduced in late 2007 to stop the peeling issue.

Best regards,
John
Old 01-08-2019, 08:28 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Epic thread!
Any feedback on how the MAcarbon solution in holding up with time?
Old 01-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Epic thread!
Any feedback on how the MAcarbon solution in holding up with time?
Mine are holding up perfectly, but the car they're in doesn't see that much use, so I'm not the best respondent on this topic. I will tell you the ClimaRepair ones (v2 I think) I put in my wife's car already look and feel like crap again with the black surfacing worn off and the white showing through and this is after only a couple thousand miles. They're also loose and don't fit right.

ClimaRepair toggles

There's only one company to buy your replacement HVAC toggles from - MA Carbon.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:08 PM
MAcarbon
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warranty

We officially give a five year warranty. But if anyone has any issues beyond that we'd be sure to take care of them. We've been doing carbon for fifteen years now and we fully expect our switches to live up to our same quality standards.

We have our latest batch in stock so if anyone still hasn't done theirs, now is the time!
Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Petza914
Mine are holding up perfectly, but the car they're in doesn't see that much use, so I'm not the best respondent on this topic. I will tell you the ClimaRepair ones (v2 I think) I put in my wife's car already look and feel like crap again with the black surfacing worn off and the white showing through and this is after only a couple thousand miles. They're also loose and don't fit right.

ClimaRepair toggles

With the -now discontinued- V2 replacement switches we found out cars driven by women (longer nails) can suffer again from the same problem if not used as suggested in the fitting instructions. Thats why we released newer versions (V3, V4 and now the last one, Climarepair Revolution) that solves the issue. If you want to get a free replacement (as we already offered you a few months ago, which you declined) we will be happy to send you a new set of buttons thru our warranty program. Funny fact we offered you a free replacement, you declined, and months later you complain on a public forum... friends with? Who knows...

Best regards,
John
Old 01-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Some pictures of our latest product

Climarepair Revolution

Climarepair Revolution
(left) compared to Climarepair V4 (right)

Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
With the -now discontinued- V2 replacement switches we found out cars driven by women (longer nails) can suffer again from the same problem if not used as suggested in the fitting instructions. Thats why we released newer versions (V3, V4 and now the last one, Climarepair Revolution) that solves the issue. If you want to get a free replacement (as we already offered you a few months ago, which you declined) we will be happy to send you a new set of buttons thru our warranty program. Funny fact we offered you a free replacement, you declined, and months later you complain on a public forum... friends with? Who knows...

Best regards,
John
I didn't decline and you actually shipped me replacements - that was back when the v3 was released and they were supposed to be so much better. They arrived, looked just like the v2s I had already installed and are sitting in the same drawer with the other v1s I didn't install. I'm accumulating a nice collection of unusable ClimaRepair toggles. If the Revolutions are really as excellent as you say, send me a set and I'll weigh in honestly here, comparing them against the MA Carbons I have in my other car. That means they need to fit securely and not flop around when tapped, feel solid when used, that the coating along the top edges of the toggles where they go behind the dash panel when pushed doesn't wear off the black, and that the front corners don't wear out in short order. PM me if you don't still have my address from the prior shipments. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Some pictures of our latest product

Climarepair Revolution

Climarepair Revolution
(left) compared to Climarepair V4 (right)

Honestly, those look 10x better then your V4's. With the V4, the texture, color, "TEMP" and fan size and font all look like crap.

IMO, if you want to make things right and salvage your rep, you should offer direct swaps to customers who bought V1, V2, V3 and V4 unit for the Revolutions.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

I just bought a new HVAC cluster off Ebay / car-part from a 2007-2008 when Porsche got it right. Boxster and Caymans will fit as well.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Petza914
I didn't decline and you actually shipped me replacements - that was back when the v3 was released and they were supposed to be so much better. They arrived, looked just like the v2s I had already installed and are sitting in the same drawer with the other v1s I didn't install. I'm accumulating a nice collection of unusable ClimaRepair toggles. If the Revolutions are really as excellent as you say, send me a set and I'll weigh in honestly here, comparing them against the MA Carbons I have in my other car. That means they need to fit securely and not flop around when tapped, feel solid when used, that the coating along the top edges of the toggles where they go behind the dash panel when pushed doesn't wear off the black, and that the front corners don't wear out in short order. PM me if you don't still have my address from the prior shipments. Thanks.
hello Petza,

V3 looks similar to V2 but coating is stronger and more durable. If you installed them, you probably would not have had the peeling problem your wife's car has now.

We will be happy to send you a set of Climarepair revolution for testing purpose, we have all details from past orders, we just don't know what your real name is so please p.m. with your order number or name so we can identify your order.

Best regards
Old 01-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Honestly, those look 10x better then your V4's. With the V4, the texture, color, "TEMP" and fan size and font all look like crap.

IMO, if you want to make things right and salvage your rep, you should offer direct swaps to customers who bought V1, V2, V3 and V4 unit for the Revolutions.

Thanks for the compliments regarding our new climarepair revolution replacement switches.

Unfortunately, it is completely impossible to do what you are suggesting. As we keep saying from the very beginning, these switches are VERY expensive to produce and to be shipped worldwide, profit is very little compare to many other products. No other company -inlcuding rich companies- offers direct swaps when they release new versions. I'm not getting a free iPhone XR for my old-crappy iPhone 3G, nor I'm getting a 991 from my old 996, and so. We offer discounts for Rennlist members, and we also offer discounts for former customers that bought V1´s, V2´s etc. All they have to do is send us an email indicating the old order number and we will apply a discount for them Thats the best we can sincerely do. Take in mind that other competitors are offering the switches at $175+$25 for shipping, thats $200. We offer the same product for $149 and we are shipping from Europe, so really, our profit here is very little.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

This comment from user Zach L is a good summary:

Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post15553292

So, we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought previous versions of our replacement buttons. As we already explained several times, since we are the most affordable option on the market our profit is very little, so offering a 20% off is best we can really do. If we charged $200 like others, we could possibly offer a 40% off, but thats not the case.
In order to get that discount, all you have to do is send us an email (or a private message thru Rennlist) indicating name, account email, and former order number before placing your new order. We will provide a one-use discount code that you will be able to use on your next order.

Thanks again to the Porsche community.

Sincerely,
John
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 AM
AlohaFlyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of uninstalled climrepair V2's that I am happy to sell for $50... you pay the shipping from 96743... I decided to go with the Macarbon solution... these might be fine for a car you are selling... PM me if interested.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:33 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by AlohaFlyer
I have a set of uninstalled climrepair V2's that I am happy to sell for $50... you pay the shipping from 96743... I decided to go with the Macarbon solution... these might be fine for a car you are selling... PM me if interested.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

We are shipping!

Name:  GTl6o4Z.png
Views: 30
Size:  1,005.5 KB
Name:  lRvX23n.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  140.7 KB

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???