Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 02:21 AM
MAcarbon
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, I can't take back non-original parts. It wouldn't be fair to the next person. But if you;d like a set, you can either order through the site or give us a call.
Here is the lint to the buttons on our site:
https://macarbon.com/porsche-2998/99...nishing-detail
Old 08-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Hello everyone,

Yesterday we received this picture from a customer of us who was performing the installation of our climarepair.com V4´s replacement switches. Nice improve!

We have plenty of stock ready to be dispatched in 24/48 hours.

Name:  uA1ZJPH.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  764.9 KB

Best regards,
John
Old 08-01-2018, 06:20 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

V4 might look better than V3 and V2 and certainly V1.
They still fall short of the OEM look from MA Carbon.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:42 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Climarepair, I could see a market for your switches vs. competitors if they were well under half price....but they're not. Zooming in on that photo shows a rather crude, granular-looking 3D printed part. Which 3D process is of no interest...it's simply a bit granular-looking - think Minecraft - and doesn't approach original equipment by a long shot. Nothing wrong with that for the right price, but compared to a refinished original switch I can't imagine you're finding many on rennlist, whose members are notoriously **** about these cars, who will compromise. I think you might sell a ton if you were at the $50 level....there'd be a trade-off there which might make sense to some who didn't demand OEM aesthetics.

Your interactions with your customers here (V1, V2, V3????) have also not been the most convincing and reassuring. A bit shady. Just sayin', it's your product, you're the pitchman, and you get the results you get as a consequence. No one else cares. You may want to take a step back, fix the damage, reassess the market, and start fresh.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

I think Climarepair keeps coming out with the next "version" to make it look like their product is improved. Well, first, that doesn't say a lot about your product that it has needed 4 iterations in a year (don't make your customers your beta testers). Second, there doesn't appear to be any significant difference between the versions.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayswantedone
Climarepair, I could see a market for your switches vs. competitors if they were well under half price....but they're not. Zooming in on that photo shows a rather crude, granular-looking 3D printed part. Which 3D process is of no interest...it's simply a bit granular-looking - think Minecraft - and doesn't approach original equipment by a long shot. Nothing wrong with that for the right price, but compared to a refinished original switch I can't imagine you're finding many on rennlist, whose members are notoriously **** about these cars, who will compromise. I think you might sell a ton if you were at the $50 level....there'd be a trade-off there which might make sense to some who didn't demand OEM aesthetics.

Your interactions with your customers here (V1, V2, V3????) have also not been the most convincing and reassuring. A bit shady. Just sayin', it's your product, you're the pitchman, and you get the results you get as a consequence. No one else cares. You may want to take a step back, fix the damage, reassess the market, and start fresh.
thanks, but If we sold these for $50 we would loose a TON of money. These are much more expensive to produce, market, sell and send than you might think.

on the other hand, since the release of V4 we decreased our return rate from to 0,7%, we know our customers like our latest product, we get a lot of feedback ( a lot of negative feedback from the user cosm3os alone, and a ton of good feedback from the other 147 customers who -on average- buy from us every month.

And sorry to say, but our V4 looks astonishing!

Originally Posted by cosm3os
I think Climarepair keeps coming out with the next "version" to make it look like their product is improved. Well, first, that doesn't say a lot about your product that it has needed 4 iterations in a year (don't make your customers your beta testers). Second, there doesn't appear to be any significant difference between the versions.

thanks guys for your -repetitive- comments (for some extrange reason there are 3-4 forum members that keep spamming agains our brand, you are among them). Fortunately, we have over 50 orders a month from rennlist members (yes, 50 every single month during the last year and a half). Not to mention there are several oficial resellers worldwide, some of them Oficial Porsche Shops.

But hey, forum members are not stupid, they can see bad comments are coming always from the same users. This translate into free advertising for us!

Thank you guys
Old 08-03-2018, 02:21 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alwayswantedone

+1!
Old 08-03-2018, 02:22 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

+1!
Old 08-03-2018, 02:34 AM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com

thanks, but If we sold these for $50 we would loose a TON of money. These are much more expensive to produce, market, sell and send than you might think.

on the other hand, since the release of V4 we decreased our return rate from to 0,7%, we know our customers like our latest product, we get a lot of feedback ( a lot of negative feedback from the user cosm3os alone, and a ton of good feedback from the other 147 customers who -on average- buy from us every month.

And sorry to say, but our V4 looks astonishing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG8y2WMbRiI

thanks guys for your -repetitive- comments (for some extrange reason there are 3-4 forum members that keep spamming agains our brand, you are among them). Fortunately, we have over 50 orders a month from rennlist members (yes, 50 every single month during the last year and a half). Not to mention there are several oficial resellers worldwide, some of them Oficial Porsche Shops.

But hey, forum members are not stupid, they can see bad comments are coming always from the same users. This translate into free advertising for us!

Thank you guys
I’ve been sitting on the sideline enjoying Clima Repair’s posts, coming up with one false claim after another for reasons we should buy their AC switches. I especially like this latest one—their return rate is now 0.7%! Of course it’s low—they refuse to let their customers return their products!

In the interest of helping others decide which company to use, here’s my experience after receiving 3 sets of switches from them:

· I received a set of V1 switches, then wrote to them asking for a refund because of the incredibly poor quality (crack down the front of one of them, along with a chip—see below), along with the amateur finish on the switches, making these parts best suited for a Yugo;

· they refused to refund my cost for this first set and instead sent me a second set of V1 switches; although this set didn’t have a crack or chip, their poor quality finish made them look like they were worth $0.99, not the $99 I originally paid—there was no way I was going to install these into my Porsche;

· they refused to send me a refund for set #2 and instead sent me another set of switches, this time a set of V2’s. These were only marginally better than the second set of V1 switches--problem is, the bar they set with the V1 switches was so incredibly low that marginally better is still unacceptable.

Again unhappy with the latest version I again asked for a refund. Instead of providing this they claimed I’d never be happy and refused to issue a refund. Dumb move—I contacted my credit card company and after explaining what happened they told me I’d already done everything they would have asked me to do. And gave me the refund Clima Repair refused to give me.

I since sent the original switches from my car to MA Carbon for refurbishing; they came back looking exactly as the switches looked when brand new. Who in their right mind would pay Clima Repair’s current sale price of $149 for switches that look like a 5 year old made them from Play-Doh, when for only $25 more they can buy a Porsche-quality set from MA Carbon?

Yugo-quality or Porsche-quality….pretty easy decision.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:04 AM
Sara Gu
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can these buttons do?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 AM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sara Gu
What can these buttons do?

They replace the original buttons which have a rubberized coat that wears off and exposes the underlying white plastic. These are my before and after shows of the MA Carbon replacement switches I bought.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:05 PM
mfm3
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

I wonder why none of the 50+ Rennlist users who buy from Clima Repair are chiming in on the quality of V4...?
Old 08-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Originally Posted by mfm3
I wonder why none of the 50+ Rennlist users who buy from Clima Repair are chiming in on the quality of V4...?
According to CR, its not 50+, its 50 a month!

The reason the return rate stat is so low is because you won't allow anyone to return them LOL - at least you wouldn't let me with the earlier versions, so I trashed them, bought a set from MA Carbon and never looked back. I'm going to have to replace the CR versions I put into my wife's car again because the black is wearing off the top section where it goes up under the panel during use and one corner is already rubbed off too in less than 1,000 miles. Don't remember which version these are - crap version 2 or crap version 3, but it doesn't really matter.

Guess who's I'll be replacing them with? Here's what I'm talking about.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:01 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mfm3
The best you'll get out if a CR customer is "it looks better than what I had". We'll, no ****.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:03 PM
ric-ko
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The best you'll get out if a CR customer is "it looks better than what I had". We'll, no ****.
Not at all. I had V1, which "was better than what I had" and now have V2 which looks like it came with the car. Solid and fine. Very happy with them.

My understanding reading all of these posts is that he/they had a customer service issue with V1 and some customers. My experience with them -- customer service-- was excellent. V2 buttons are great-- completely unnoticeable from the drivers seat, they look like part of the dash. I *do* recommend them. (My v1's broke and CR replaced them-- I bet they have learned from all of the comments they continue to get).

But realize that he is doing something unique -- he is building new buttons, not resurfacing old ones. From my perspective when I bought, it was an ideal situation. I did not have to pull them out, sit the car with parts on my desk, ship the old buttons to a third party (there are many options for this), and have to wait for them to be shipped back to me. With these ones, I get the buttons from ClimaRepair (?) and I put them in in a half hour. It is a different experience and ideal form me and my daily driver.

As someone who started a business, I appreciate others who try and fill a market gap. I understand how customer service issues happen, and understand they didn't seem to handle them properly. But I started this thread 18 months ago, and I think the complaints are from V1 days. If we want folks to service our aging market, we should hope CR and others like him succeed. I like his (current) product and do NOT feel it is only better than what I had, but seems to look like part of the car.

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???