Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

currently the "best" clear bra? 3M, Xpel, Suntek or Nano fusion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 06:15 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra installers around Chatham NJ

Looking for advise on choosing Clear bra installers in northern/ Central NJ..I want to get this done for a Porsche 911 Carrera i am planning to get shortly. TIA
Old 01-09-2019, 10:29 PM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

My local installer is reccomending STEK film over Suntek. He feel STEK has better clarity and is more hydrophobic so a coating is not needed. has anyone used STEK?
Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 707 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by aaa335
My local installer is reccomending STEK film over Suntek. He feel STEK has better clarity and is more hydrophobic so a coating is not needed. has anyone used STEK?
your installer is partially correct. STEK is a great film, and if he/she prefers it over Suntek, then your final install will be better since it’s a film they prefer using. Can’t go wrong with either film.

as for NOT protecting the film, I respectfully disagree. Unlike the clear coat paint of your car that’s hard and porous, the ppf is SOFT and porous whichbeill hild more contamination and will be harder to remedy if bird droppings or hard water make contact with the film. Unlike paint, which can be sanded and/or polished, ppf cannot heal like paint.

puttinf on a protective nano coating will only benefit the ppf. We do it on ALL installations of ppf.

hope that helps
Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 PM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry

your installer is partially correct. STEK is a great film, and if he/she prefers it over Suntek, then your final install will be better since it’s a film they prefer using. Can’t go wrong with either film.

as for NOT protecting the film, I respectfully disagree. Unlike the clear coat paint of your car that’s hard and porous, the ppf is SOFT and porous whichbeill hild more contamination and will be harder to remedy if bird droppings or hard water make contact with the film. Unlike paint, which can be sanded and/or polished, ppf cannot heal like paint.

puttinf on a protective nano coating will only benefit the ppf. We do it on ALL installations of ppf.

hope that helps
thanks! Super helpful !

Quick Reply: currently the "best" clear bra? 3M, Xpel, Suntek or Nano fusion?