Sponsored by:

So I went and got Sport Mode retrofitted today

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:36 PM
ianstewartshouse
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile So I went and got Sport Mode retrofitted today

Left my 2010 997.2 C4S PDK into my local Porsche dealer today for a Sport Mode retrofit.

It cost £877 and was completed in 3 hours

When I collected the car they had also given it a wash! Bonus!

I haven't done much milage just the 20 or so back home on a mix of dual carriageway and country roads but I thought it was enough to give some brief impressions for anyone thinking of doing the retrofit.

It is a noticeable difference and i think it is worth the cost however don't be expecting miracles

In sport auto mode the throttle response is noticeably sharper over the first half of the travel and the car feels more alive. Up and down changes are selected at higher revs even at low throttle between 3-4k on the upchanges and downchanges under light braking arrive earlier at about 2k. The PASM sport mode is also enabled (although it can be switched off using the suspension button).
In sport manual mode all the above for PASM and the changes are slightly sharper but i did notice as said on a previous thread that when at low revs and part throttle the shifts in manual were still a bit slow.

In sport plus auto mode i gave up after the first few hundred yards on the road! Too high revs for an auto mode on the street.
However sport plus mode in manual mode....wow... that hit the spot for me. Nice sharp changes when giving medium and above throttle and the higher the revs the faster the changes. When you are on throttle and above 5k the changes are so quick they are accompanied by a bit of a shove as the box holds the torque and changes up. Its not uncomfortable or intrusive but very effective.

To sum up i think I'll go for sport auto in town and sport plus manual for any fun driving in future

I also got the dealer to do a DME check and was happy to see that there were no revs in 2-6 range they cut off the number in range 1 it was 900 which works out about 2-3 secs and i think i am responsible for about 1 sec of those 😬

Old 11-29-2016, 11:56 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Nicely reviewed! I just want to make sure you realize that there is one more dimension to both Sport modes too, with Sport Plus being the most generous. The traction control and stability management systems become less intrusive so when you are pushing it hard in curves you have the ability to slide the car around a bit more before intervention.
Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Derek Zoolander
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't expect any over revs from a PDK...
Old 11-30-2016, 05:35 PM
ianstewartshouse
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks stormrune i forgot to mention that but the 20 miles didnt let me explore it!

Hi Derek, there have been some instances of 1s and 2s with PDKs but havent seen much above this
Old 11-30-2016, 07:52 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Sport and Sport+, the happy buttons. Congrats. Great write-up.
T

Quick Reply: So I went and got Sport Mode retrofitted today