Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of upgrades to chase the post election blues.....can I get input?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:44 AM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Couple of upgrades to chase the post election blues.....can I get input?

Changing my head unit to an AVIC model ?NEX to gain CarPlay in my 997.1 I don't gas about NAV. Car has BOSE which sub amp recently began frying so I've removed it. I have to get the MOST HUR in order to use the head unit with my stock speakers which are more than fine. Hell I wish I could keep the subs too! Simple solution here is?

I went back and forth over ALL the steering wheels I could upgrade to or have my existing done in alcantara. Ended up buying a Momo 67 black alcantara and the NRG 3.3 quick release and Momo adapter for the 997. Anyone know how to turn off airbag light? **** the CEL is on half the time who cares about an airbag light? I can carry my steering wheel around now! Talk about a conversation starter!

Full Bilstein B6 ready to install all new hardware on the Porsche side plus lowering Eibach springs. DIY? I have the spring compressors and lots o tools. Thought it might be cool. Didn't buy sways yet and I have a shimmy at braking to solve and a persistent CEL to solve but the dealer owes me for it. Nice to have a 2017 loaner for sure.

I also wanted to add an intake for more snarl. 600-800$! Gonna have to comb the classifieds.....
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2016, 08:55 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I love that wheel but always feared loosing the airbag for safety reasons. So went with a alcantara wrapped wheel by DCT.

I great airbox for the money is the Evolution airbox, sounds great.... especially when paired with gundo hack.

keep modding and post up pics...

Originally Posted by ALEV8
Changing my head unit to an AVIC model ?NEX to gain CarPlay in my 997.1 I don't gas about NAV. Car has BOSE which sub amp recently began frying so I've removed it. I have to get the MOST HUR in order to use the head unit with my stock speakers which are more than fine. Hell I wish I could keep the subs too! Simple solution here is?

I went back and forth over ALL the steering wheels I could upgrade to or have my existing done in alcantara. Ended up buying a Momo 67 black alcantara and the NRG 3.3 quick release and Momo adapter for the 997. Anyone know how to turn off airbag light? **** the CEL is on half the time who cares about an airbag light? I can carry my steering wheel around now! Talk about a conversation starter!

Full Bilstein B6 ready to install all new hardware on the Porsche side plus lowering Eibach springs. DIY? I have the spring compressors and lots o tools. Thought it might be cool. Didn't buy sways yet and I have a shimmy at braking to solve and a persistent CEL to solve but the dealer owes me for it. Nice to have a 2017 loaner for sure.

I also wanted to add an intake for more snarl. 600-800$! Gonna have to comb the classifieds.....
Old 11-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

How about a "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker?

Old 11-16-2016, 12:25 PM
upier
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dennis C
How about a "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker?

Right. No blues here.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

For intake I propose the easy and cheap solution of silicone tube and elemination of the resonator.
You also keep the advantage of sucking cold air from outside engine bay.

I bought my kit from design911

It's probably the easiest and cheapest way to get the nice intake noise above 5000 rpm. It took 10 minutes to fit and is reversible in same time.
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Have had my Trump sticker on since June.....

I also have the silicone boot (black) and Helm cap and just like stated above it's good for a little more sound up in the rev band and can be reversed in minutes.

I've been contemplating the AVIC as well but I'm still studying all the options. As far as exhaust goes I have the Fisters and love them...but to be honest, I'm looking at a Tubi at the moment.

Just too many options....
Attached Images  

Last edited by SoCal C2S; 11-16-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Post election I have found many ways to chase the blues. Sometime I will just hug my 911 and it let's me know everything will be ok, it is my safe space.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:48 PM
cringely
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

If you really miss the incessant TV ads and enough mail from candidates to make your postal carrier at least 3 hours later than normal, you only have to wait another 4 years.
Until then, keep logging onto https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/. and reading Panorama
Old 11-17-2016, 05:15 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Done anyone wanna help with the stereo?

I have the silicone pipe and cap from Fabspeed, plus stainless Borlas. My Getty wing pushes the interior aux fan into it I've noticed! Replaced that fan and light as its cage was brittle, brittle....suggestions!?
Attached Images  

Last edited by ALEV8; 11-17-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:52 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Uh wow. This is AMAZING. It's like I'm driving another different 911. Now suspension ,+ plus lowering springs and a set of Bridgestone RE71 Potenzas are on the way.

Figuring out horn wiring. May go Porsche crest in place of current Momo horn. Only new difference is remembering to reach forward further for the turn signal and other stalk controls.

I'm thinking after deciphering the Momo instruzione I believe that the squib on the airbag is involved maybe, or that female connector which would explain fused jumpers included plus many others. No clear power to tap into. I'll find it.

I really need to replace my banged up front bumper.

I really really want CarPlay and Dectane rears. Sell rears are in and I'm gonna ditch them.
Attached Images  

Last edited by ALEV8; 11-17-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:11 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
Done anyone wanna help with the stereo?

I have the silicone pipe and cap from Fabspeed, plus stainless Borlas. My Getty wing pushes the interior aux fan into it I've noticed! Replaced that fan and light as its cage was brittle, brittle....suggestions!?
Which Getty wing? GT2 style? My Duck clears the fan just fine.

If it's the GT2, take out the spacers between the cage and the wing, that's good for about 3/8".
Old 11-17-2016, 09:23 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Love that ducktail!

Found the burnt pcb inside the amp enclosure....gotta mitigate this!
Attached Images    
Old 11-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been as happy as a fat kid in a candy store since finding out that HRC will never be President or CnC. At least you have good taste in cars, and don't fret - we're about to see the biggest economic boom in decades thanks to Trump - Get ready.

BTW nice steering wheel - always wanted an alcantara version of what I already have (Clubsport) like you see in the GTS models.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:37 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

I'm fine it's only going to make me MORE wealth. So odd.
Anyone ever just replace that little amp with one that's used?
Old 11-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
we're about to see the biggest economic boom in decades thanks to Trump - Get ready.
lol. let's hope you're somehow right. in the meantime, pour me a glass of whatever you're chugging there.

Quick Reply: Couple of upgrades to chase the post election blues.....can I get input?