Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS 997 Factory Porsche Pan Tequipment Roll Bar - BRAND NEW - NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Folks, I deleted a bunch of posts that were wholly unnecessary. In case any of you missed it:

Unless there is verifiable misrepresentation, posting negative and irrelevant comments in another member's For Sale thread is impolite and not tolerated on Rennlist.

Unnecessary comments will be deleted. Serial offenders will lose their posting privileges and/or infractions will be given.

Please stop crapping in sellers' For Sale threads. The market and the seller will determine the validity of the price of whatever item is being advertised, so there is no need to offer opinions.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:10 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Mark, can you also remind this user of the bump limit?

Advertising by Members: Paying Members (as opposed to “Users”) may advertise or link to an ad to buy or sell personal property. In the case of an item or items offered for sale, the price must be included in the post. Ads may appear in as many as three forums maximum, and repeated not more than twice per month.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:59 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Also curious if any Bump limit for none for sale sections as in this case. If everyone posted items in none for sale sections of rennlist like in this case (this item posted in 3-4 forum areas) then bumped a dozen or so times in each forum things could get messy...

I think its great to post a related item for sale in the direct forum (assuming your an active participating paying rennlister) but multiple bumps for 3, 4 , 5, 6 months as we have seen here and the other member selling the red deviated stitch leather parts could set a bad precedent IMO and dilute the value greatly of each forum topic area.

That said, your the mod, not an easy job, by no means challenging anyone.... just looking for some clarity on this topic.

Originally Posted by nwGTS

Advertising by Members: Paying Members (as opposed to €œUsers€) may advertise or link to an ad to buy or sell personal property. In the case of an item or items offered for sale, the price must be included in the post. Ads may appear in as many as three forums maximum, and repeated not more than twice per month.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS

Advertising by Members: Paying Members (as opposed to €œUsers€) may advertise or link to an ad to buy or sell personal property. In the case of an item or items offered for sale, the price must be included in the post. Ads may appear in as many as three forums maximum, and repeated not more than twice per month.
You are correct; this is the policy that I use. However, I usually don't go out of my way to count the number of bumps someone has made. For this thread, sorry, I didn't bother to count the OP's bumps.

I'm not sure what the other mods do, but, if someone contributes to the community on a regular basis, rarely sells anything and exceeds the bump limit by a couple of bumps, I would never have an issue with those excess bumps. Frankly, there are bigger fish to fry with this highly paid job as a moderator.

That said, if the OP of this thread has greatly (sorry, not going to define "greatly" but let's just say that it's more than a couple) exceeded the bump limit to the point that it's annoying a good number of the other forum users, then the OP should curtail those bumps and follow the bump rule as a courtesy to others.

Hope this makes everyone somewhat satisfied.

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Also curious if any Bump limit for none for sale sections as in this case. If everyone posted items in none for sale sections of rennlist like in this case (this item posted in 3-4 forum areas) then bumped a dozen or so times in each forum things could get messy...

I think its great to post a related item for sale in the direct forum (assuming your an active participating paying rennlister) but multiple bumps for 3, 4 , 5, 6 months as we have seen here and the other member selling the red deviated stitch leather parts could set a bad precedent IMO and dilute the value greatly of each forum topic area.

That said, your the mod, not an easy job, by no means challenging anyone.... just looking for some clarity on this topic.
My understanding is that the bump limit applies across all forums, not just for individual forums; in other words, one can only bump twice across all of Rennlist.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:12 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price Drop $2300 shipped!

Quick Reply: FS 997 Factory Porsche Pan Tequipment Roll Bar - BRAND NEW - NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US