Sponsored by:

Grinding noise when releasing clutch

Old 08-20-2016, 12:47 AM
hapa997
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise when releasing clutch

Hello,

I recently picked up an '05 997 C2, and the other day while driving it I noticed a grinding noise coming from the clutch when I would shift from 1st to 2nd. The noise only occurs as the clutch engages--the gearbox feels fine and doesn't make any noise at all.

Has anyone here experienced this before?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:01 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that is not a happy noise but if it is the clutch not sure why it would be only in second. I see this is your 1st post. New to car? If so you sure it's not related to timing/shift linkage or the like? Large step btwn 1st and 2nd, shift can be difficult and syncros can 'graunch' if timing is off but usually hear that as you engage gear
Old 08-20-2016, 10:20 PM
hapa997
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first time posting here, but I've lurked here on and off over the years Used to have a Cayman S a few years ago and recently stepped into a 911. The good news is I drove the car for a while today and only heard the noise twice during 40 minutes of driving. I'm positive it's not the gearbox or the shifts themselves. I'm gonna assume it's no big deal unless it's starts happening frequently again (or unless someone here thinks I should be concerned)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grinding noise when releasing clutch