Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:00 PM
wolfgang1
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bruinmd
Nice!!

My M2 arrives in November --ordered it in Long Beach blue
Did you get a 6MT or DCT and what are your driving impressions of it so far?
M2 has been a great DD.

I got a 6spd w Exec pack in long beach blue

This was my first new car. It is quick, and really easy to drive.

It is louder at highway speeds that I would have expected it to be.. and the gas tank is tiny.

The steering is a lot lighter than i would generally prefer, and the clutch is too easy to modulate for my preference.

All in.. great for a daily, but I'm glad I have a gt3 and a couple air cooled cars for fun.

First world problems.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:11 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 359 Posts

Don't let the 40 peak HP difference mislead you. The off-peak torque and horsepower on the S are higher than the non-S as well which makes a difference in the feel of the car in your normal power bands. Remember you aren't normally tooling around at peak HP all of the time. The S pulls harder down low and runs to redline without a discernible drop. I remember my last 335i dropping off power as it approached peak, prompting earlier shifts that the 997S doesn't call for. You should really go to a dealership and ask to test drive both so that you can decide if the difference in feel makes enough of a difference for you. Just don't mention that you might not buy one from them... unless the have the right CPO for you.

And great wife BTW!

Quick Reply: 997.2 or BMW M2?