Sponsored by:

Review: Alcantara Refinishing of my Wheel/Shifter/e-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:46 PM
daydark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Alcantara Refinishing of my Wheel/Shifter/e-Brake

I rarely post reviews. But I'm rarely as "wow'd" as I am with the job that Dallas Custom Steering Wheel did with my interior pieces, so I had to come on and post something.

First of all, Donald responded to e-mail within hours. I asked many questions and had a long e-mail chain with him and he was always quick to respond.

I shipped my wheel/e-brake/shifter off to him (after removing them myself, took about 20 minutes total) on the 17th of July. I just received them back finished today, 10 days later. Impressive turnaround. He also offers expedited turnaround if you need it faster.

The part I'm most impressed with is the QUALITY. I can't tell the difference between these parts and genuine Porsche Alcantara parts. My headliner in my car is genuine factory Alcantara, and Donald's work looks nearly identical, even down to the color of the stitching and the texture of the material.

If I had to nitpick, the color of his Alcantara is ever so slightly lighter in shade than the factory stuff, but you would never notice unless you knew it was aftermarket and were looking for it.

My absolute favorite thing is that he added some extra padding around my wheel to make it thicker. It feels MUCH better in my hands now; the factory wheel thickness was too skinny for my taste. I have a much better grip on the wheel now with the Alcantara and feel in total control of the car.

Anyways, I've bought a lot of mods for a lot of cars over the years, and rarely do they exceed my expectations like this, so I thought I'd write a review. You can contact Dallas Custom Steering wheel here:

Donald Le
allascustomsw@yahoo.com
469-449-7973
www.dallascustomsteeringwheel.com

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel
3526 Lakeview Pkwy, Ste B, #218
Rowlett, TX 75088

Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

The craftsmanship looks really good.

Your steering wheel looks like it needs to go on a diet but if that's the way you like it, then more power to you. The whole batch looks really well done.

If the alcantara is a little lighter than the headliner, I'd be willing to bet that it darkens up a lot after you start to use the pieces. Let us know how those pieces hold up.

I've always liked alcantara but I've worried about durability and staining under my harsh use.

Quick Reply: Review: Alcantara Refinishing of my Wheel/Shifter/e-Brake