Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ride 997.2 S

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Ok, cleaned her up and took a few shots before putting back in her stall. Don't know if shows well in the photo but those 305's really do fill out the rear wheel wells. Only change might make later is like the Ruger Mesh wheels in any finish but black. I'm over black wheels. No more pics after this, I'll just go back to lurking on the 997 forum and learning.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:10 AM
dougs968
OkRider
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts

Messaged with TR a few minutes ago and he said come and check out OG's new 997 on this thread. So I did. Wow! That's a nice one!

Watched both of his videos. Those gals......
Old 07-29-2016, 12:35 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

That is really looking good.

But I didn't think a set of golf clubs would fit in a 911. I guess the Porsche is for those good payer guys that don't need a big bag .
Old 07-29-2016, 12:53 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Been busy but got her registered today. Some pics. Basics:
09 S Artic Silver with full leather black interior. PDK, Sports Chrono Plus, Porsche Sports exhaust, Nav, XM, dynamic lighting, blue tooth, Bose, etc. Only items I can find missing are limited slip and head rest crest.
Add on's: Turbo rear deck and wing ( works ), GTS exhaust tips, Fabspeed stainless dual air intake, Hawk ceramic pads, titanium lugs, 5mm spacers, 305s on the rear, euro side markers programmed as turn signals. Probably some more stuff I forgot. I basically found the car I would have liked to build out already done.
45k Miles turned over on the way home. Forgot, new serp belt, plugs, etc. recently. Ditto Pilot Sports.

love the Turbo Wing.

Something I would love to do to mine
Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Yep, the wing caught my eye a couple of months back when he first had it up on Vehicle Market forum. Told him really liked it except for price and was same colors as my old Cayman. Then a couple of weeks ago it showed up again more the price range was looking for. It was a few $k above what I was going to budget but once saw the car and my P tech bud went over it....fact is the car was worth the ask. No regrets.
The thing is Way quicker than my '06 CS....but bet Tex can take me on a track. Young, talented, good looking race car kind of guy.

Oh, worst case the clubs can go in the passenger seat. I do need to check that out.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

And, as for clubs: Ferry's vision has stayed true. They fit.

By 1959, work was underway on what emerged as the T-7 prototype (T-6 was the last 356 body, appearing in 1961). Styling was entrusted to one of Ferry's four sons, Ferdinand Porsche III, known as "Butzi." Ferry wasn't a body designer per se, but he knew what he wanted. A family resemblance to the 356 was a must, but so were (as he later described) "more space inside" and a "luggage space that could take an owner's golf clubs."

Had to go find that but I remembered seeing that a few years ago on a placard at the Porsche Museum.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:43 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

If you had the S here you could be driving in the rain every day. Ugggh.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Well, today I was going to mow early( started at 7:30!) and be done by 10:00. Then do some real nice detailing and go for a spin up and down 1709 in the Porsche. BUT! My other new ride that my pal Texas Ryder pointed me to shown below ( SKAG Liberty zero turn ) started back firing, cutting out and would load up under load. You know, just like when you have water in the fuel system. That was because it did have water in the fuel system. Tank off, blow out lines, new fuel filter, drop the carb bowl etc. then do the bowl a few times till figures out the seal went on the carb body and not the bowl. Otherwise pretty bad leak right on the muffler. Could be trouble. By the way Tex, if Ms. Own Goal ever figures out the SKAG and the Porsche were toys we talked up she might not let me play anymore.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:44 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

How'd that happen on the gas? ^^^

And if something be wrong with the muffalotto on the Scag then Id be calling up some warranty service boys for a drive by. Either you fix in about 30 minutes or Ill just tote off one of these new Turf Tigers. Wow - sorry on that and you might get a new one. Dang.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:02 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Not their fault, I always tarp everything out in my motor pool, but unlike down your way it has been pretty much hot and dry...except we had some bloomers up here mid week. I "thought" I had it tarped, not. Will not make that mistake again. Oh, muffler and carb are fine, just sloppy mechanic'n by me. Manual? Don't need no stink'n manual.

Quick Reply: New Ride 997.2 S