Sponsored by:

Softtronic ecu flash 997.2c4s

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Softtronic ecu flash 997.2c4s

My 997.2 c4s is stock outside of dual Fabspeed intake - anyone happy with ecu flash from softtronic on their 997.2? They are only a few towns away....
Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

I've got the exact same question for my 2010 C4S Cab.... Having installed FabSpeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell cats with PSE, I'm wondering if there is any additional performance I may be able to unlock with a ECU flash.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ecu

I spoke to Scott, owner from Softronic the other day - nice guy, very knowledgable - he says with our cars it's more of a linear improvement in through the band ......hate to waste 1200 bucks but would do it if it adds more to the driving experience .....hoping to hear from someone who tried it....
Old 05-29-2016, 11:16 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

I can't speak to the Softronic flash, but I was very satisfied with one provided by FVD-Brombacher on my ex-996GT3. I had been injured in a motorcycle accident, and was no longer tracking the car. I wanted a better/smoother low end.

After discussing this with Rhonda at FVD US, she ordered up a flash to meet my request (included consideration for the Cargraphic mufflers I had). Per the dyno, I picked up 17 rwhp, but, more importantly to me, my low end was improved, street driving smoother.

But, in this case, I bit on a sale they were having. I don't think I would have bothered if I had had to pay full price. Don't have my records with me since they went with the car when I sold it, but think it was something like $700.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:06 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

you cant do too much to this 3.8, but if you have a full exhaust, and add bmc filters the only thing that is missing is a ecu tune. If you have hardware and dont do any software, You are really hurting the performance. The engine is tuned for its restrictive exhaust and normal air in flow. So if you open up the in and out air flow its off tune to the ecu program. If you add a tune that is set for more air flow, and if its learning software, it will map the engine to more air flow and also should be set up to max out the parameters of the engines performance.
So you get a good ecu like evomsit and it will max out your performance.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:20 PM
mxp
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the flash on my car, love it very easy to load and unload if you still have warranty issues to take care of
Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

I have the Softronic tune on my 08 C4s (997.1) and only have great things to say about Softronic and the tune.

Makes the car very responsive, and seems to pick up and remain strong right to redline.

Highly recommended!
Old 05-30-2016, 11:34 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by OKB
you cant do too much to this 3.8, but if you have a full exhaust, and add bmc filters the only thing that is missing is a ecu tune. If you have hardware and dont do any software, You are really hurting the performance. The engine is tuned for its restrictive exhaust and normal air in flow. So if you open up the in and out air flow its off tune to the ecu program. If you add a tune that is set for more air flow, and if its learning software, it will map the engine to more air flow and also should be set up to max out the parameters of the engines performance.
So you get a good ecu like evomsit and it will max out your performance.
OKB,

I'm exactly where you've mentioned in terms of having upgraded my hardware (FabSpeed Sport Headers & 200-Cell cats connected to my PSE) but I'm still on the stock ECU tune. I have been told that the ECU will remap itself given the new exhaust hardware, but I'd hate to leave any performance on the table

So my question is: How much more performance should I expect to gain from an ECU flash, and would there be any significant difference between opting for the OEM "Sport" software (I don't have Sport Chrono) versus a 3rd party vendor like EVOMSit? Thanks to all for your input on this so I can truly optimize this awesome new hardware for my DD C4S Cab
Old 05-30-2016, 01:07 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Following...

(2010 C4S cab Sport Chrono, non-PSE, but upgraded with Fister side mufflers and Sharkwerks center x... Stock cats and headers and everything else, and never changing that. Wonder if a tune is even worthwhile (and as a no-warranty car reluctant to do anything that could mess with motor, though it sounds like this might void any warranty anyway). Don't track the car. Weekend fun car only...)
Old 05-30-2016, 03:14 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've spoken with Softronic about my flash in he past. I used to have Fabspeed HAI and wondered about going back to stock air box would affect the tune. The ECU will adjust the air flow with or without a stock airbox.

The tune will give more of a linear flow and good torque delivery throughout the powerband. The tune is worth it as I found my throttle respond a bit better and sport mode is a total transformation of the car.

I have a 08 4S
Old 05-30-2016, 03:59 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

i put the bmc filters in stock air box, got the agency power x pipe and muffler kit and the evoms ecu. Opened up the car and also had them adjust the idle up to get rid of the pdk x pipe shutter and make it more responsive at low and idling speeds
I wouldnt use anything else. They did a review when the 3.8 came out and paired with agency power to set up their programming, they got about 20 to 25hp on their tune
PS TO ALL: the programming is the most important performance upgrade at almost any car there is

Quick Reply: Softtronic ecu flash 997.2c4s