Sponsored by:

Porsche Experience Center Visit

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Porsche Experience Center Visit

Me and the wife spent pretty much all day Saturday at the PEC at the new Porsche North American HQ facility. Good time and awesome place. The Ingram family from North Carolina has a bunch of their P-cars on display there right now. Some pics...

Goes without saying just how awesome this car was.

Vintage RS model

Another vintage RS

My favorite RS on display

Seemed to be a favorite of many from the RS cars on display

Loved this RS

Not part of the Ingram collection, but damn!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:42 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow - so have to go there. That's the best looking 996 I have ever seen - some fabulous examples.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:26 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went there in March and spent the day with some P-Car Touring group guys from the Atlanta area. We had hot seat lap rides on the track, got to experience the simulator center, had lunch in the 356 restaurant and also toured the facility including seeing those beautiful specimens in your post and more. Did you also tour the classic restoration center?

My wife bought me a "Master the Manual" driving session gift certificate for my birthday and I plan to use that this spring. Will be nice driving a Cayman GT4 on their track while learning the finer points of three pedals shifting with a trained driving instructor.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:19 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrec
Went there in March and spent the day with some P-Car Touring group guys from the Atlanta area. We had hot seat lap rides on the track, got to experience the simulator center, had lunch in the 356 restaurant and also toured the facility including seeing those beautiful specimens in your post and more. Did you also tour the classic restoration center?

My wife bought me a "Master the Manual" driving session gift certificate for my birthday and I plan to use that this spring. Will be nice driving a Cayman GT4 on their track while learning the finer points of three pedals shifting with a trained driving instructor.
We also went with the P-Car Touring group led by David Heiden. Our event was exactly as yours.

You doing the Cloud Canyon drive this Saturday?
Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I was. I am going to take my car to Caffeine and Exotics first show on Sunday. I'm sure that you guys are going to have a great time.

Anyone reading this post in the Atlanta area needs to know about David Heiden and his P-Car touring group. A great group of men and women that I laughingly call an outlaw group from the PCA. He sets up some really fun weekend runs in the north GA mountains and country roads.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Jbbodyworks
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went Down In October For A 991 981 Structural Repair Class Place was a porsche Paradise. Experience center is the perfect name because it really is an experience. the only issue was the track and skid pad were located right behind the training center workshop so needless to say the "hum" of the gt3's had me drooling the whole week
Attached Images      
Old 04-13-2016, 10:38 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to the one in Stuttgart circa 2003. It was a sight to see the displays especially the cutaways.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center Visit