Sponsored by:

Fister sports exhaust install - done

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:40 PM
MY45
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason DeWilde
Think this could be done with bumper off and wheels left on? Seems like bumper removal is very simple.
I'm betting yes you could. The bumper removal would make 98% of all the bolts/nuts easy to get at except the 2 flange nuts on the silver muffler bracket that is closest to the wheel well (most forward on the car). From the looks of the picture above with the bumper off, you could still access these fairly easily with the bonus being that ALL the others would be a breeze ...
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 AM
phily911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I've done this swap at least 6 times now, 3 on my previous .1 and now for a 3rd time on my .2. At first I attempted with the bumper on but it was painful to reach all the places and because I am a novice at best with these things I needed to be able to see everything clearly.

The bumper removal is really easy, its about 10 screws rear tails need to come off and off it goes. You just need an extra hand to help you get it back on.

In any case, if I could do it with the bumper on I would! I am just not that skilled!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:09 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

one of the best and cheapest mods ever! Fister is the man
Old 04-14-2016, 01:40 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Fisters were my first mod and the best bang for the buck.

I did the titanium ceramic coating...well worth the extra $$ as the temperature in the engine bay is noticeably reduced!
Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dear lord, I think you guys have talked me into attempting the install. The most mechanical auto project I have undertaken is to install the Rennline aluminum pedals so what could go wrong.... Don't worry I will place the tires under the car as a fail safe. Fister's should arrive tomorrow but install may have to wait until I can buy some car stands and jack.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 PM
gtntahg
Advanced

Hans at RAC in Dallas has my new titanium ceramic coated Fister set being installed sometime next week. Can't wait!

I swear, it's my ONLY mod….

No. Really,
Old 03-16-2017, 10:57 PM
96Tiger
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostcow
Oh dear lord, I think you guys have talked me into attempting the install. The most mechanical auto project I have undertaken is to install the Rennline aluminum pedals so what could go wrong.... Don't worry I will place the tires under the car as a fail safe. Fister's should arrive tomorrow but install may have to wait until I can buy some car stands and jack.
Let us know how it goes. I plan to do this in a few weeks. For me I think it will be easier overall to remove the rear bumper to gain better access to all bolts/nuts. Also need a contingency in case a bolt snaps.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

gtnhag,
How much they going to charge for the install? I got estimates of $390-500 to "we can't tell until we get it on the lift", LOL. Actually, only one place even knew what I was talking about and they had only done it on a 993. All said it wold be 3 hours to 1/2 day and the bumper would need to come off. I plan to attempt with bumper on, and then remove bumper only if I need to because of bolt loosening issues, we will see.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:33 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

My Indy installed them for $125...about an hour and 15 min.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:22 AM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MY45
Bigger concern now is getting new rubber on the car. Will report back on what dealer says. They are good to work with so we will see. I do not want to mix brands of tires so it's either 2 more Toyo Proxes 4 Plus for rears OR a complete new set of Michelin PSS. The Toyo's are 2012 manufacture and have me a little concerned just due to dating (aside from the plugged rear that you can see in pics above)
Sorry to change the subject, but as part of CPO shouldn't the car come with proper N-rated tires? I'm not trying to open a debate about whether N-rated tires are better or not, just I'm surprised that a CPO car would have Toyo Proxes all seasons. If that is a CPO requirement, the dealer should bear the cost of replacing the full set, which should have been done prior to sale...
Old 03-17-2017, 11:22 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

Ok, used this project as silly excuse to order a QuickJack system for the garage, so should get that next week and will try to install it then
Old 03-18-2017, 01:47 AM
XAudiguy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostcow
Ok, used this project as silly excuse to order a QuickJack system for the garage, so should get that next week and will try to install it then
You should be good, I installed my Fisters a couple of weeks ago. Trust me, if i can do it, you can too... I removed the rear wheels
Old 03-21-2017, 08:53 AM
gtntahg
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtntahg
Hans at RAC in Dallas has my new titanium ceramic coated Fister set being installed sometime next week. Can't wait!

I swear, it's my ONLY mod….

No. Really,

I had the Fister set installed yesterday and, man, what a difference. Very nice sound all the way from start-up, idle, through to hard acceleration where it sounds exotic. And no drone at any speed. Great mod for the price. If anyone is on the fence about this I would not hesitate to recommend the Fister exhaust.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:34 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

That is good to hear! (get it ) Hope to try install next week, got autocross this weekend and don't want risk that. Cheers.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:29 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

Thanks to all the great posts on this site the install went great. Took about 3 casual hours of work. The life saver was the ratchet universal joint adapter, which allowed be to get that top bolt on the muffler support. Someone had posted about this earlier so I picked up a 3 piece set for the various ratchet sizes. Took some patience but it came right out. Sigh, had a few beers after the install so now can't drive until the morning. Can't wait to see how it sounds.

Quick Reply: Fister sports exhaust install - done