Sponsored by:

Need guidance on current 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

Ok well my 2K was completely out of the ball park. If I get the Ims retrofit done including clutch and fly wheel along with AOS it's $5500 including tax and 3 oil changes. If I get the LN IMS Solution (permanent), Clutch, Flywheel and AOS done it's $6500 all in again including 3 oil changes.
I have spent a couple of months struggling whether to spend almost $7k on an 11 year old car. I have spent countless hours looking at every other car out there and have come to the realization that I love my little car and will probably keep it for the better part of the rest of my life. So it goes in next week for the fix. I have owned it for 4 years and bought it with only 16K miles so I do know the car well and feel like she is just breaking in.
Thanks for all the advice above. Just thought I would update the thread.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 AM
WV997S
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 7 Posts

It is what I would have done as well....
Old 07-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
Ok well my 2K was completely out of the ball park. If I get the Ims retrofit done including clutch and fly wheel along with AOS it's $5500 including tax and 3 oil changes. If I get the LN IMS Solution (permanent), Clutch, Flywheel and AOS done it's $6500 all in again including 3 oil changes.
I have spent a couple of months struggling whether to spend almost $7k on an 11 year old car. I have spent countless hours looking at every other car out there and have come to the realization that I love my little car and will probably keep it for the better part of the rest of my life. So it goes in next week for the fix. I have owned it for 4 years and bought it with only 16K miles so I do know the car well and feel like she is just breaking in.
Thanks for all the advice above. Just thought I would update the thread.
Hey man!

Who will work on your car? Price sounds a bit high. I recommend Bill Boys who has Possum Hollow in Pheonixville. He rents a building out at Aquilante's place, Pheonix Motorsports. Bill was shop foreman at Don Rosen for many many years and has a great reputation for being honest.... he worked on my Boxster and did some work on my 911. Highly recommended. Tell him I said "hello".

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 07-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Bruce,
I have an appointment next week with specialty cars in Allentown. it is the one authorized LN Engineering shop near us. It does seem high but that price includes the clutch, fly wheel and AOS. If those are not needed then quite a bit of money comes off. I imagine they will say that at 43K miles the clutch and fly wheel will need to be replaced. That's $1500 alone in parts. Do you know if he has done the IMS retrofit?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Price still seems high. Check some of the pricing in this thread. And are you sure you need a new flywheel too?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...d-install.html
Old 07-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
Hey Bruce,
I have an appointment next week with specialty cars in Allentown. it is the one authorized LN Engineering shop near us. It does seem high but that price includes the clutch, fly wheel and AOS. If those are not needed then quite a bit of money comes off. I imagine they will say that at 43K miles the clutch and fly wheel will need to be replaced. That's $1500 alone in parts. Do you know if he has done the IMS retrofit?
I don't know if Bill does the LN product. I do know he has a solution he likes that does a direct oil feed... I don't know the brand.

I got 197K miles on my Boxster S clutch and had a bunch of track weekends on it. Engine blew up so I am not sure how many more miles were on it. If you rev match, you probably don't need a clutch.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 07-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Breakdown of parts is $1725 for the IMS solution. Dual mass flywheel 798.43 complete clutch assembly $687.55. 3 oil changes @$107 each with joe gibbs racing oil. AOS 130.60. 23.5 hours of labor at $889 which is actually fairly reasonable. Lots of small miscellaneous parts etc. Things like the third oil change may come off as will the $28 magnetic drain plug which I already have etc. Plus tax $365.28. Seems expensive specially for a car this old but they are the only authorized place anywhere near here.

Oh and I do rev match on downshifts. so in a perfect world I skip the Clutch and flywheel but doubt that
Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 PM
eddiek997
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you end up keeping the car?

I'm in Havertown too and there are not too many Pcar owners here

Quick Reply: Need guidance on current 05