Sponsored by:

SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by barbancourt
I swear, man... this site is the most aerodynamially paranoid group I have ever seen.
The reason is... many 911 fans prefer their cars stock as they know over the years that Weissach is difficult to beat. The 911 with all its quirks passed the test of time and thus some of us do not mess with it. Others, of course, go ahead, change it.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
I love the look and disagree with those that think it looks out of place. It looks as out of place as the front spoiler on an 80's 911 or the same part on a 991.1. That means I don't think it looks out of place at all.
Originally Posted by ADias
The reason is... many 911 fans prefer their cars stock as they know over the years that Weissach is difficult to beat.
What measurements do you have to substantiate this? I'm not trying to argue with you, but I just would like to point out that this "knowledge" is probably not based in fact, but fear and/or paranoia. Whether it is true or not is not the issue. The issue is the perception.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:23 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by barbancourt
What measurements do you have to substantiate this? I'm not trying to argue with you, but I just would like to point out that this "knowledge" is probably not based in fact, but fear and/or paranoia. Whether it is true or not is not the issue. The issue is the perception.
The Porsche customer has changed with time and recently it has changed dramatically due to various reasons. In the past, the typical fan community had a group who modded their cars but never to the extent other car groups did it; however the massive majority did not. No stats here, just my observation over many decades.

Fear of what?!? Paranoia?!? No fear or paranoia here either. Just my views as a Porsche (911) fan.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:29 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To the OP -- you did a fantastic job -- looks great and thanks for taking the time to do the detailed write up. Only "problem" with it is it's way to complicated for those of us non-DIY-ers who are short on time, technical ability (though granted this really isn't technical/mechanic at all), or willingness to slice and dice...

But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. If you lived near me and were doing this for a reasonable fee, I'd probably be dropping my car off... Enjoy your car.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:38 PM
07 Turbo
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap another project
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 277 Posts

The Porsche customer has changed with time and recently it has changed dramatically due to various reasons. In the past, the typical fan community had a group who modded their cars but never to the extent other car groups did it; however the massive majority did not. No stats here, just my observation over many decades.

Fear of what?!? Paranoia?!? No fear or paranoia here either. Just my views as a Porsche (911) fan.
Customer demographics really don't play into the discussion, IMO. This is about as tame of a modification as you can get. Not sure where you are going with this dialogue.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Are you one of those guys that only uses Porsche branded windshield washer fluid because you are scared using another brand will blow up your engine?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:23 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Crester
Are you one of those guys that only uses Porsche branded windshield washer fluid because you are scared using another brand will blow up your engine?
FYI, the windshield washer circuit has no connection to the engine. And yes, I use Porsche windshield fluid and have done so for decades. No algae, no fungi, no issues.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:22 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

I think this is really well done and I don't get the comments about how it doesn't flow with this or that. Looks very much factory, especially compared to the snowplow treatment that drops the front to just above the ground and leaves the rest of the car untouched.
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2015, 08:34 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

This is one of the best looking 997 carreras on RL PERIOD!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
This is one of the best looking 997 carreras on RL PERIOD!

Completely agree. Job well done, EMC2. i keep coming back to this page to look at the front spoiler.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:15 PM
metric91
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

OP, looks great and I find it to be a tasteful modification.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:46 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I think this is really well done and I don't get the comments about how it doesn't flow with this or that. Looks very much factory, especially compared to the snowplow treatment that drops the front to just above the ground and leaves the rest of the car untouched.
Agreed, it really finishes off the front without being overdone.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:10 PM
shardul
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks nice!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:47 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

I think its one of the best looking front lips I have seen to date. I am also amazed that the OEM part only costs $200.00. The guy who decides what these parts cost must have been high and got laid right before he priced this part.

Quick Reply: SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2